Retro on Steroids

Retro-Geezer gathering

Every year in Marin County, Marilyn Price twists a few willing arms for a charity appearance at the Broken Drum Brewery in San Rafael. The money goes to Trips for Kids. It's the only time all year I see the entire old gang in one spot, and it seems to be a magnet for a lot of cyclists who want to meet people they usually only get to read about.

In addditon to the winners of the first two Repack races, Alan Bonds and Bob Burrowes, those present included Gary Fisher, Tom Ritchey, Joe Breeze, Otis Guy, Scot Nicol, Ross Shafer, Ned Overend, Mert Lawwill and Jacquie Phelan, surrounded by another hundred or so hard-partying, beer drinking mountain bikers. I noticed that the French guy showed up for the third year in a row, but I have no idea what he was trying to tell me.
    It don't mean a feng if it ain't got that
    shui.

IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
    too bad you didn't tell us before it happened. that would have been cool. maybe next year.

we need to get those folks over to Keyesville. seeing them on vintage bikes racing again would be epic. any chance you could go? that would be cool.

Retro on Steroids
    Quote Originally Posted by Veloculture
    too bad you didn't tell us before it happened. that would have been cool. maybe next year.

we need to get those folks over to Keyesville. seeing them on vintage bikes racing again would be epic. any chance you could go? that would be cool.

It didn't occur to me to post it here, but I'll remember next year. It's always in early February, and I think they would have had an even bigger crowd if it wasn't such a nice day to ride.

As far as coming to Keyesille, there was a time in my life, before marriage, kid, mortgage and running a company, when I just went where the action was and paid for the trip by writing about it. Now I need to find a way to make these trips pay for themselves.

Any suggestions?

BTW, vintage bikes and racing again? There's a good reason why I ride modern bikes, and even better reasons why I retired from racing.
    It don't mean a feng if it ain't got that
    shui.

mtbr member
    Wonder if the Keyesville function needs a band? A gig there would get you to the action.
    A bike by any other name is still a bike.

IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
    well, i am working on getting one of the magazine's up there. that would pretty cool to have your write up to go along with it. just talkin out loud.