mtbr member

Raleigh Seneca Time Capsule

I picked up this 1986 Raleigh Seneca off Craigslist and aside from a missing seat the bike is complete. It even has the original Raleigh tires. Everything still works great too. I'm just not sure what to do with the bike. Typically I would fix it up and sell it, but I don't want to ruin the original tires and I don't think finding the original seat is going to be easy. It's in such nice condition and has so many of it's original parts that I'm thinking it should be in a collection. What do you guy's think I should do?

Raleigh Seneca Time Capsule-img_0623.jpgRaleigh Seneca Time Capsule-img_0624.jpgRaleigh Seneca Time Capsule-img_0625.jpgRaleigh Seneca Time Capsule-img_0626.jpgRaleigh Seneca Time Capsule-img_0627.jpgRaleigh Seneca Time Capsule-img_0628.jpg
    The Truth will set you free.

....but it might offend you first!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    That's a subjective question, huh? I scored a couple of mid-1980's Elkhorns a few years ago for what I thought was a sweet price, but the guy was glad to clean them out of his garage and had tried all summer to sell them. The Seneca was one-pay-grade better>

If the bike isnt valuable locally and you dont want to mess with shipping a whole bike, there are plenty of decent parts. If you want to restore it back to original, it took a Vento Propizio seat; ebay?

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    It's not a bike of any distinction, nor does it have collectible value if you were thinking along those lines.

Perfectly functional transportation.

Make if a coffee cruiser if it suits your needs, or, tune it, and flip it, hope to make a few bucks.

Parts aren't of a type that would be valued by collectors either, just a solid, basic bike.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfatbaldguy View Post
    That's a subjective question, huh? I scored a couple of mid-1980's Elkhorns a few years ago for what I thought was a sweet price, but the guy was glad to clean them out of his garage and had tried all summer to sell them. The Seneca was one-pay-grade better>

If the bike isnt valuable locally and you dont want to mess with shipping a whole bike, there are plenty of decent parts. If you want to restore it back to original, it took a Vento Propizio seat; ebay?
    The seat should be a house brand Raleigh. Oh and the Seneca is definitely not a better/higher end bike than the Elkhorn. The Crested Butte was the bike above the Elkhorn.