mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Paid Spam-Vintage 1985 Suntour XC Mtn Bike Group NOS/NIB Unbelievable Collectors Item

I am selling on Ebay an extremely rare Vintage Circa 1985 Suntour XC Mountain Bike Group that is in its original velvet display case. This group was purchased by me directly from Suntour in 1985 and is still in the original shipping box. This is a classic vintage mountain bike group that includes the legendary Roller Cam brakes complete with the necessary braze-ons . Very few of these groups were imported to the US and I have never seen one offered for sale before. All the pieces are in mint condition as pictured. Also included is the original Suntour XC Catalog and a set of window stickers that were intended to go in the window of the bike shop that had it on display. Although the box lists a headset this group did not come with one as we were using a different headset on the bikes we were building at the time and ordered them without headsets. This is an unbelievable opportunity to own a rare piece of mountain bike history and is suitable to be a museum piece. If you know your mountain bike history you will also know that Suntour recalled the plastic pulley wheels the came on this model of Roller Cam brakes and replaced them with a set of brass bushings. This group includes a complete set of the replacements as well as all the original shift & brake cables. Please contact me if you have any questions regarding this offering.

See the MTBR Ad at: Vintage 1985 Suntour XC Complete Group NOS/NIB Unbelievable Collectors Item! - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

You can view my auction at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290939781130...84.m1555.l2649

Paid Spam-Vintage 1985 Suntour XC Mtn Bike Group NOS/NIB Unbelievable Collectors Item-xc-group-2013-01-26-002-1024x681-.jpgPaid Spam-Vintage 1985 Suntour XC Mtn Bike Group NOS/NIB Unbelievable Collectors Item-xc-group-2013-01-26-003-1024x685-.jpg

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Your ebay link didn't work. The one in the ad worked so I chased it down for you:

Vintage 1985 Suntour XC Mtn Bike Group NOS NIB Unbelievable Collectors Item | eBay

Good luck and it's beautiful.