mtbr member

OT xpost: hutch python gold 2.0

I know it aint vintage but im not getting a response in the tire forum and besides i like it here. sooooo

so whats the skinny on these? hutchinson python gold 2.0

supergo got em for $18 bucks. im on Irc Mythos II 2.1 kevlar folding tires now (another supergo deal), I like the mythos tires, but lots of people seem to like the python airlights too but nobody has talked about the gold editions, are they a lot heavier than mythos and airlights? not sure what the mythos weigh for comparison anyway. are they more volume than the mythos?

my other favorite tires used to be the bontrager revolt st2's but they dont make em no more (sniff sniff)

I ride mostly hardpack and some loose conditions but I dont like the loose stuff and tend to avoid it like the plague anyway. so i guess im a hardpack man, that tends to ride with 45 psi in the mythos'. yeah I know I succumbed to the higher psi plot I guess I just got used to riding with high psi from the bonty st2's and never turned back, I always keep the bike upright in turns which helps me keep from slidin' plus im in the 200 lb range (finesse clyde) so.........what ya think?

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    They are really just Pythons with Hutchinson's 4-extrusion tread (silica) with gold color in the tread. They only made the Gold Elites for a year. It's the same tire as the other Pythons with the colored stripe. The Airlight is a claimed 484g while the Gold is a claimed 550g tire. I've been running their Gold Elite road tire for a while. Just another tire.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmike
    They are really just Pythons with Hutchinson's 4-extrusion tread (silica) with gold color in the tread. They only made the Gold Elites for a year. It's the same tire as the other Pythons with the colored stripe. The Airlight is a claimed 484g while the Gold is a claimed 550g tire. I've been running their Gold Elite road tire for a while. Just another tire.
    any expirience with the other tires I listed care to compare?

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Williwoods
    any expirience with the other tires I listed care to compare?
    Sorry, didn't get much into the second part of your post. Not much experience with the other tires. I've had limited experience with the Mythos XC - liked it. None with any Bontrager tire. For hardpack, I do like the Python. My current favorite for the hard pack of SoCal (at least it'll be hard when it dries) is the WTB ExiWolf 2.1 tire.