Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Not too keen that they look so similar to the BRZ. They didn't even try and make it different looking. Both seem a bit underpowered ya?
    They are a bit underpowered stock in my opinion, but it doesn't take much to give it a little boost. Exhaust and a drop-in filter helped quit a bit and a tune, short of F/I, should be just the ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by cegrover View Post
    Fantastic choice! We finally got one at the office for a week at the end of last year, so I got to drive it a bit - very satisfying.
    I've had it since June and I still can't drive it without smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy named SSue View Post
    Weren't these co-developed with Subaru?

edit: The BRZ isn't even AWD, wtf Subaru?
    Co-developed with Subaru, built in one of Subaru's Fuji plants. Most of it is suby, other than the engines direct injection system and a few other bits. And no awd...which is fine with me...I'm all about the beauty of rear-wheel drive.

photo IMG_4427.jpg

mtbr member
    At least they kept it a boxxer.

underachiever
    Great thread! Some super cars posted here!

My father worked at General Motors for his entire career and even though that was his vocation, his avocation was restoring and modifying automobiles. He was an incredibly talented fabricator, engineer, welder and mechanic. This dates all the way back to 1959 when at 18 years of age he got his first car, a 1940 Ford, and turned it into a hot rod:

He died just about a year ago and with his passing, I inherited several of his vehicles. One of his favorites was his 1974 Porsche 914. In the mid 1980s, he thought it would be pretty cool to perform a V8 conversion. I spent countless hours in his garage working on this project. It was a major undertaking as it required adding a cooling system. He also added the fender flares as well as a 911 suspension. He finished it in 1991 and was very proud of it. I always thought it was pretty cool but I have a cousin, who is like a brother to me, who really loves this car. I decided to gift it to him and he recently had it shipped out to Arizona. He brought it to a place that specialized in 914 V8 conversions and had a new cooling system put in as well as updating some of the engine. A lot has changed in 20 years since the car was completed!

Here's me and my Dad during the build process (maybe 1989):

Here it is completed in 1991:

Getting some sun waiting for the transport truck in front of my Dad's house on Cape Cod:

New home in Arizona:

Getting some updates:

My cousin picked it up on Friday and the car looks and runs great. He's looking for some Fuchs wheels at the moment and that will really make the car look pretty sweet.

Oh, and yeah, that's a 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/4-speed. Sex on wheels…..

P.S. The bay on the right in garage in the background has a lift. My father added the third bay in 2001 and specifically designed the garage to accept the lift. I was one lucky guy to have such a great resource for working on my own cars (I'm on car #30).

mtbr member

Bmw z1

Here is 1 for the classic car section. 1992 BMW Z1. Since 2005 (i think) it can be legally imported to the US under a classic car limit of 2500mi/year. A total of 8000 were built.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-colombarone-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    a 1972 bmw 2002 tii sits in my garage awaiting its new chevy small block heart. i also race a 1988 bmw spec e30 racecar with nasaproracing. neither of them are all that pretty at the moment, but i'll get some pics up anyway.
    Last edited by s4gobabygo; 04-18-2013 at 11:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by s4gobabygo View Post
    a 1972 bmw 2002 tii sits in my garage awaiting its new chevy small block heart. i also race a 1988 bmw spec e30 racecar with nasaproracing. neither of them are all that pretty at the moment, but i'll get some pics up anyway.
    Cool, I've had an e10 and an e30. Great cars. How much weight will the small block add to the front of the 2002?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy named SSue View Post
    Cool, I've had an e10 and an e30. Great cars. How much weight will the small block add to the front of the 2002?
    nice! it will add "some" weight :-P

still deciding between fender flares and tubbing it in the rear, but either way the 205's in the back won't be adequate! it won't likely see any track time... just some innocent hooning. here's a couple pics of it as it is.

i'm also heading out to the track in a couple hours for a long weekend with the spec e30 racecar. i'll snap a couple pics of that one too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-img_1939-25.jpg  

OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-img_1938-25.jpg  

Last edited by s4gobabygo; 04-18-2013 at 12:57 PM.

m o t o !
    p.c. transportation: '89 535i

Hit The Road Cyclery
    My first car was a 1960 Buick LeSabre hardtop. I bought it in 1982 when I was 15 years old in Bakersfield, CA from an old guy that had bought it new. 60k miles, all original, the only thing we did to it was replace the carpet, front seat coverings, and rebuild the drum brakes. Unfortunately I don't have any photos of it, but it looked almost exactly like this one, just replace the convertible top with a white hardtop:

OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-1960-buick-lesabre-convertible-red-ra-nf.jpg

In 1985, my mom talked me into selling it because it was "too old and got bad gas mileage" (gas was a buck a gallon). Almost immediately after selling I regretted it, so to get even with my mom I bought this thing, a 1964 Beetle that had been partially converted to a Baja Bug. The body work was already done, I did the suspension myself, but other than having a stinger tailpipe the engine was a stock 1300. Trailered it out to the desert on the weekends, drove it around town when I wasn't on my motorcycle (a 1975 Honda 350 Four), and eventually sold it for more than I paid for it (around $400 if I remember right).

OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-mybug8-86_zps377d52f5.jpg

After the bug, I had a 1963 LeSabre with a Wildcat 445 engine (445 lb-ft of torque, 401 cu in), in 1988 when I was in the Air Force stationed in Hawaii I bought a '75 Olds Delta 88 (455 cu in Rocket V8) that was a retired Army staff car, and in the 90's I owned an '84 Jeep CJ7, but otherwise all of my cars have been from the 1990's or later. There are a list of cars that I want (early 70's Nova SS, Roadrunner, an FJ40) but until I finally get settled in a house with room to build a shop I have to keep dreaming.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mainlyfats View Post
    I grew up with a yellow Lotus in the garage. It was a 1970 Europa S2, custom-built LHD and picked up at the factory for a European tour by my parents. By the time I was 16 I was too tall to get in and use anything but the outsides of my shoes on the pedals. Not sure if I'd ever have a Sunday driver again, but if I did... no question: yellow Lotus.
    Said yellow Lotus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-img_2597.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Here is my latest project, car No. 175-my 1962 V8 powered Jag-need to paint it yet...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-jag-primered-front.jpg  

OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-jag-engine-bay.jpg  

OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-jag_034-1.jpg  

OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-jag_037.jpg  

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Not so much to show off the car, but a film maker from Hollywood contacted me a week or so ago, they needed a 4 door, early 70's sedan, appropriate for an upper middle class family.

Agreed to rent them my 1972 Mercedes 280 SEL, and it's featured prominently in their haunted house indie film they are shooting in out area right now.

I got a few screening shots of it the other day. and I have to say, between the car, and the house they are using, it looks pretty damn haunting....

So cool!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-unnamed-3.jpg  

OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-unnamed.jpg  

OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-unnamed-1.jpg  

This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Not sure what car jack nickolson drove in the Witches of Eastwick but I remember loving it and the steering wheel. Great car, MCS!
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Not sure what car jack nickolson drove in the Witches of Eastwick but I remember loving it and the steering wheel. Great car, MCS!
    Thanks! It's been fun to drive around, feel like such a pimp.

I equate it to a mahogany Chris Craft for the road.....

Jack's was a '72 600 LWB, near as I can tell, same car, just stretched for limo duties.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by s4gobabygo View Post
    nice! it will add "some" weight :-P

still deciding between fender flares and tubbing it in the rear, but either way the 205's in the back won't be adequate! it won't likely see any track time... just some innocent hooning. here's a couple pics of it as it is.

i'm also heading out to the track in a couple hours for a long weekend with the spec e30 racecar. i'll snap a couple pics of that one too.
    I love these things. My favourite BMW.. just second to an eighties cabriolet.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

John Galt
    I finally tracked down a near-replica of my first car! My old one had a 302, but this has a 351 with four-barrel. This was originally a four-speed, but someone installed an auto along the way. It'll go back eventually. I'll also address the steering wheel and wheels at some point, but these Centerlines were exactly what I wanted in the 80s!

More info here: Oddimotive: The Oddimotive Fleet has a new addition!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-img_20140326_124426_376.jpg  

OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-71724_0278.jpg  

Last edited by cegrover; 04-08-2014 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Additional info

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6