Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Strangelove
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    That car has a sordid history. It was repainted. The top was chopped. Raced. I think wrecked. Someone just restored it though.
    You may be thinking of another car. That car was in pretty good shape., certainly not chopped, raced or wrecked. There were more suitable racers in the McQueen garage. Steve had issues with oil consumption and a smokey motor which was never resolved on that car- a gift from his first wife. He had the jacking points on the rockers slightly modified, but that apart it survived unmolested in its original state until a few years back. Then some jerk had it over restored to 'Pebble Beach' standards. Took away the original paint, and the original leather. Took away all the patina and every trace of McQueen. Such a shame as the car was still to many eyes perfect.
    www.ukfatbikes.co.uk
    . . .the home of the UK fat bike community

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    60 Vintage Cars Found In French Farm Garage After 50 Years Are Worth At Least £12 Million | DeMilked

Not sure if anyone else on the thread has seen this but it is truly some amazing stuff to behold. I cannot even imagine what some of it is going to look like restored. A whole lot of good steel in here.......

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by datmony View Post
    60 Vintage Cars Found In French Farm Garage After 50 Years Are Worth At Least £12 Million | DeMilked

Not sure if anyone else on the thread has seen this but it is truly some amazing stuff to behold. I cannot even imagine what some of it is going to look like restored. A whole lot of good steel in here.......
    Along that same line: An Abandoned Warehouse Full Of Priceless Cars In Portugal
    A bike by any other name is still a bike.

Stokeless Asshat
    It was this 275 I was thinking of. It replaced his NART that was wrecked. 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 by Scaglietti | Monterey 2014 | RM AUCTIONS QUOTE=Dr S;11627935] You may be thinking of another car. That car was in pretty good shape., certainly not chopped, raced or wrecked. There were more suitable racers in the McQueen garage. Steve had issues with oil consumption and a smokey motor which was never resolved on that car- a gift from his first wife. He had the jacking points on the rockers slightly modified, but that apart it survived unmolested in its original state until a few years back. Then some jerk had it over restored to 'Pebble Beach' standards. Took away the original paint, and the original leather. Took away all the patina and every trace of McQueen. Such a shame as the car was still to many eyes perfect.[/QUOTE]
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

sftrydr
    Double posting this one, Thanx for the headsup Datmony,
    The prize of the collection, though, a Ferrari 250GT SWB California Spider, was left in a garage and is in relatively good condition despite spending decades buried under piles of magazines.
    Amazing collection of 60 classic cars uncovered after four decad - KTVU -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OT: VRC Picture Thread of Classic Cars-6188493_g.jpg  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234