Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Front Range, Colorado
    That's no big deal it's just a little surface rust that's all. Nothing that a little old fashioned elbow grease and some steelwool won't fix.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

Built4Speed

Specialized neon ATB Cables.

This is the only neon item I could find. I found these unused Specialized cables in a thrift store a few years ago.One day I might use them on a future bike build.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old neon bike photos please..........-specialized-neon-cable.jpg  

"Faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."

mtbr member
    Got to have the splatter paint.

My 1992 GT Karakoram.

(nevermind...have to have 10 posts to post an image. That's just silly.)

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Spotted this for sale on the side of the road, but didn't buy. I probably could have made some money selling the wheels. Oh well...

Front Range, Colorado
    This is me screaming!

O< Bring back neon, bring back neon.....
    Π
    |
    _A_

Is that the worst stick figure you have ever seen? The best I could do with a cell phone.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Nice try

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    barely qualifies, but I'll throw my Marin in the mix:

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse View Post
    barely qualifies, but I'll throw my Marin in the mix:

Oh yeah that bike qualifies alright,that is one sweet ride.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

Vegan on the S-Works
    classic thread. How about open it up to pre 1995 mountain bikes so we don't miss out on any cool Shogun, Mongoose IBOC, Diamond Back Apex photos eh?

ong
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Sorry, mispost.

Michigan Wolverine
    Neon needs to make a comeback. I'm sad that my generation missed out on all of this.
    Amassing Miles - My Little Cycling Blog

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorTC View Post
    Neon needs to make a comeback. I'm sad that my generation missed out on all of this.
    Sad but true it is something that had to be lived to get "it". Check out the initial post in this thread. Most missed the "bar ends" comment. Both neon and bar ends go hand in hand from the same era.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Posted this elswhere but does have a little neon goin on

Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Here´s my Alkon Pirineos with some Neon Pink on it:

mtbr member
    My '92 Grove Innovations X frame:

mtbr member
    don't know if this qualifies but I found some of my old helmets from the 80s and early 90s Old neon bike photos please..........-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341795952.093932.jpgOld neon bike photos please..........-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341795969.146563.jpgOld neon bike photos please..........-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341795984.679630.jpgOld neon bike photos please..........-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341796001.615696.jpgOld neon bike photos please..........-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341796062.573747.jpg
    29er from now on!!!

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by durianrider View Post
    classic thread. How about open it up to pre 1995 mountain bikes so we don't miss out on any cool Shogun, Mongoose IBOC, Diamond Back Apex photos eh?
    Post it up!this thread is open for all brightly colored older rides. And pre-1995 qualifies for that.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    This is a great thread. I had gotten seriously into mountain biking in '96, so while I never owned a decently neon bike, there were plenty of them at the races and parts around the shop when I started working there. Lots of memories!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

First Haro prototype rear suspension frame

This was my first prototype I designed and built for Haro and there were a couple more until its final stage going to production. Then it became other manufactures exact same design like Iron Horse and Kona! that year this rear suspension I designed won two world downhill championships! more pictures of the other prototypes and the other productions soon to come.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old neon bike photos please..........-001.jpg  

Old neon bike photos please..........-002.jpg  

Old neon bike photos please..........-003.jpg  

Old neon bike photos please..........-004.jpg  

Old neon bike photos please..........-005.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Titan Titanium mountain bike frame

Even thought this frame only has some fluorescent decals it is a very rare Titanium frame I help design for Titan. I also designed a rear suspension frame for Titan but the company was bought out by a company from Taiwan and it never made it to production but I have pictures some where of it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old neon bike photos please..........-052.jpg  

Old neon bike photos please..........-053.jpg  

Old neon bike photos please..........-054.jpg  

Old neon bike photos please..........-055.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Second Haro rear suspension prototype frame

This was the second Haro rear suspension frame I design, and that is my dad and I out the Interbike show when it use to be in Anaheim Ca. back in the 1990's. we also mounted some huge prototype disc brakes!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old neon bike photos please..........-046.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyody View Post
    Then it became other manufactures exact same design like Iron Horse and Kona! that year this rear suspension I designed won two world downhill championships!
    This system of suspension was used by trek in 91 and the Iron Horse was a frame made by Verlichi in Italia

But so cool prototype

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 24pouces View Post
    This system of suspension was used by trek in 91 and the Iron Horse was a frame made by Verlichi in Italia

But so cool prototype

Quote Originally Posted by 24pouces View Post

But so cool prototype
    Yes and it was copied by Trek, Iron Horse, Kona and every one else who saw it the first and second prototypes at the 1990 and 1991 show, they also saw it in the different magazines before the shows that the Derby corporation who own Haro at that time show it to, and the whole frame design was brought to the manufacture of Marzocchi suspension(which at that time was only motorcycle susp.) to have a shock built for it since there was no mt.bike shocks being manufactured yet! when it got there in Italy Haro said my design was shown to Verlichi who in turned made the frame for Haro, But the design was also given to Iron Horse and Kona!!! I have drawings of this design dating back to 1988 but I personally like other designs I had instead! but this Haro designed of mine was picked by Dean Bradley the product manager of Haro at that time because he liked the idea/design that allowed the suspension to be locked out under pedaling because of the main pivot location, thinking it was good for climbing! I liked my other designs allowing a more of controlled active suspension, because I was a motocrosser and believed in active suspension, which I designed and sold to a company called Crestonepeak bikes out of Colorado. They showed it around to different magazines who said it had " Too much travel" that it was not necessary lol! it only had 6"'s of travel in the rear but that was too much for 1990 I guess! that design I had the Suzuki linkage designed in to it kind of, and my around the axle pivot design that was used later by Trek and still being used today by them!

TrinityRiverKerplunk
    Here's a Rock Hound I saw in Whistler two days ago. It is a little faded now, but that's what you get with those yellow and pink colors when they've been outside for a few decades!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old neon bike photos please..........-nishikirockhound.jpg  

Good friction shifting is getting hard to find nowadays....

YYZ
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by J Ro View Post
    Does Day Glo Yellow count? Note the painted to match thumb shifter pods and water bottle cage.

Man that marin is awesome. gotta love em.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast