• 03-08-2015
    oldsteel
    1 Attachment(s)
    Panasoinc Mountain cat
    Tropical 5 colors hand air-brushedAttachment 970893
  • 03-12-2015
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Some great stuff boys and girls. I'd like to invite you all to post up ALL head badges vintage, new mtb, road, cruiser in this thread. Some amazing designs showing up and the more the merrier.

http://forums.mtbr.com/passion/head-...ad-955507.html
  • 03-23-2015
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by oldsteel View Post
    Tropical 5 colors hand air-brushedAttachment 970893

Panasonic like in electronics Panasonic?
  • 03-23-2015
    CdaleTony
    Nice 'dale...!
    There is one hanging in a local shop...Unsold...unridden..
    pretty neat!
  • 03-28-2015
    lewisfoto
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Panasonic like in electronics Panasonic?

Yes they had a full line of bicycles for a few years in the mid 80s. The Team Europe II came with full Campagnolo kit.
  • 04-04-2015
    DIRTJUNKIE
    3 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    Yes they had a full line of bicycles for a few years in the mid 80s. The Team Europe II came with full Campagnolo kit.

That's funny the logo is almost identical to the Catamounts of the mid nineties. My brother and sister both still have one. They both had them custom built around 96'.

Hers has been many years retired and hanging in the rafters of the garage. His is still used to this day periodically. Here's a couple photos of my brothers [red bike] and a gray head badge of one I borrowed off the net. Just to give you an idea of the logo they used.

Catamount = Mountain Lion
  • 05-07-2015
    NorCal-Saint
    1 Attachment(s)
    New addition to the sable
    1991 Marin
  • 08-02-2015
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal-Saint View Post
    1991 Marin

Nice! :cool:
  • 08-03-2015
    NYrr496
    Damn. I wish I had a picture of my brother's old Mongoose Rockadile. It was teal with every purple anodized part that Kooka, Sunringle and Raceface made.
    Then, he had an Answer Manitou fully that was covered with blue ano parts.

My black Cannondale was mostly black with a few red ano bits.
  • 08-04-2015
    manbeer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    Damn. I wish I had a picture of my brother's old Mongoose Rockadile. It was teal with every purple anodized part that Kooka, Sunringle and Raceface made.
    Then, he had an Answer Manitou fully that was covered with blue ano parts.

My black Cannondale was mostly black with a few red ano bits.

That reminds me of my buddies old rockadile sx, it was also teal and decked out with purple ringle. I seriously miss those days...it was the last of a great era

FWIW I'm still mainly riding retro but as I get older and the neck and back have gotten worse I'm going to have to switch back to something with a bit more suspension and less aggressive stances. It's still hard to beat the fun you can have on an old steel hardtail with little to no suspension up front though

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
  • 11-20-2015
    DIRTJUNKIE
    So that's it?
  • 11-23-2015
    Davichin
    3 Attachment(s)
    This is a 1991 Eldridge Grade that I finished last september... The camera does not register the true neon brightness, but it is veeeery neon.

Attachment 1030767

Attachment 1030768

Attachment 1030769
  • 11-23-2015
    chefmiguel
    Those were really bright
  • 11-23-2015
    DoubleCentury
    2 Attachment(s)
    Marins were crazy with the neon. This Pine Mountain was a great M732 parts bike that I turned over as a townie bike for an older friend. Talk about visibility in traffic!

Attachment 1030798

Attachment 1030799
  • 12-17-2015
    Wacowacko
    Nice "80's FLASHBACK" paint schemes guys:cool:
  • 12-31-2015
    rob_ralph
    1 Attachment(s)
    Picked this one up about 7mo ago. Looks a little more neon-ish in natural light.

Attachment 1039223
  • 01-01-2016
    NYrr496
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_ralph View Post
    Picked this one up about 7mo ago. Looks a little more neon-ish in natural light.

Attachment 1039223

Damn... I remember when everything had that splatter paint.