mtbr member

Old Magazines for a good home

I've got a huge pile of old bike magazines in my basement dating back to the early 90's. I'm not sure why I've kept them for so long. I think it's time for them to go. Note 100% sure what's there anymore, but possibly inclusive of...

• Mountain Bike Action
    • Mountain Bike
    • Mountain Biking
    • Mountain Biker
    • Mountain Bikest [no that's not real, but the three above are]
    • Bike
    • Bicycling
    • Bicycle Guide
    • Road Bike Action (in it's first incarnation where they had a monthly road bike suspension review)

Any interest? You can come pick them up if you happen to live near Denver, or for the cost of shipping...

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I am interested. Sending PM

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'd be interested in the Mountain Bike Actions... What would you want for shipping to NC?

mtbr member
    Crazy couple of days watching some neighbors' kids. Give me a couple more and I'll do a brief inventory and see what shipping will be.

USPS has (or at least had) a super cheap media mail rate for sending books and tapes and other such archaic records. I'll see if that still exists.

Retro on Steroids
    I have all of those too, but unfortunately I have to keep them. I have the most complete archive on mountain bike history, and that isn't something you break up.

Planning a project to put my entire archive online, along with Gary Fisher's and Joe Breeze's. It will be a years long project, but it will make every document in the collections of the three guys who saw it all available to the world. Joe's son Tommy is part of the project also.

I have everything, every issue of every magazine, club newsletters, press releases, race results product files.... I have been storing, moving and protecting a ton and a half of paper for three decades at tremendous expense, and I'm ready to turn it over to the Marin Museum of Bicycling after I get done scanning it. At that point it will be available to everyone on this forum.

Just an example, Repack race results from 1976.

Old Magazines for a good home-repack_page1a.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider View Post
    It will be a years long project, but it will make every document in the collections of the three guys who saw it all available to the world.
    Wow that's so good of you, ensuring that Joe Breeze, Tom Ritchey and Gary Fisher's legacy is not forgotten

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    That is awesome!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldybikes View Post
    Any interest? You can come pick them up if you happen to live near Denver, or for the cost of shipping...
    I'm in the Denver area and interested if shipping ends up being cost prohibitive.

mtbr member
    I sent a couple of pms to those who expressed interest and write me but no reply. DoubleCentury, these could be yours if I don't hear back. Other dudes: speak up if you still want 'em!

mtbr member
    PM send Feldybikes

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I tried to send you a message, but on my phone it appears posting a visitor message on your profile was the only option.

mtbr member
    Most are gone, but I did find a box I missed. The older ones are all gone. This box has MBA from 2007-2011. Bicycling and Bike from 2012-2013. Might be a few other random ones in there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Feldy, I will take them. Just let me know how much media mail is. My contact info is in your profile messages.