Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The Official WTF outing thread, Craigslist, eBay etc

177K views 1K replies 211 participants last post by  Roge 
#1 ·
So the VRC has some odd feelings about outing of articles found on eBay (not as much) Craigslist (quite a bit) and various other venues of purchase.

Some feel it's no big deal, ever, others feel it should never be done, while yet still others think it's fine, with certain parameters met, like not in my backyard, only if no one would want it anyway, it's fine cause it's so obscenely overpriced it's good for a laugh, etc.

This thread is offered as education for the newb, solace for the member who just got strung up about it, and in general, a place to hash it out, pretty much unrestricted. Not gonna change anything, but we VRCer's do like to go on and on about the same thing, forever, must be all our time spent with steel wool and lacquer thinner:D Other sites feel that this practice is AOK, but this place is a bit different. I took over as mod, and the rule was in place. I keep it up, since it makes a number of folks feel like their sacred hunting grounds have a protector of sorts.

Discuss, keep a modicum of decency, and have at it.

The official word can be found here amongst all the rules and guidelines: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=521682

For those too lazy to read that much, a direct thread link to a good discussion of it is here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=521682

That one is old though, so we'd better rehash it some more:rolleyes:

:D

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, I didn't really mean it to be a place TO out, but seeing as these guys get the idea on totally socially acceptable examples, I'll use them as exhibits A and B.:D

It was more of a discussion area, why you're for, or against, grouse about so and so who's for it and you don't get why, whatever...

Perhaps Obama should set up a special panel on it;)

#19 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.