Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 300 of 1117
  1. #251
    Certified Bike Junkie
    Reputation: muddybuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,746
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse
    which part?
    Exactly.
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

  2. #252
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by muddybuddy
    I thought you were implying that I had lied. I am not the seller and have not lied in this thread. If you are stating that the seller is lying because the black hubs were not originally speced on the zip, I don't know, but I'm sure someone around here does.
    Here is the spec sheet for the '91 Zip http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgest...ne-1991-36.htm
    Last edited by MendonCycleSmith; 07-18-2010 at 12:50 PM.

  3. #253
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fillet-brazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,696
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse
    Here is the spec sheet for the '91 Zip http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgest...ne-1991-36.htm



    for those just tuning into the show, background context is found here http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...21519#poststop
    Perhaps they just meant the MAVIC hub was speced on the Zip, and not this exact hub. I'm not the seller, but calling someone a liar when you very well may be misunderstanding their description is not too cool...

    The person that would care if it was the perfect hub for his Zip restoration would/should know that the black ano one is not the exact spec, anyway... Do your homework and don't believe everything you read.
    Last edited by MendonCycleSmith; 07-19-2010 at 05:36 PM.

  4. #254
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet-brazed
    Perhaps they just meant the MAVIC hub was speced on the Zip, and not this exact hub. I'm not the seller, but calling someone a liar when you very well may be misunderstanding their description is not too cool...

    The person that would care if it was the perfect hub for his Zip restoration would/should know that the black ano one is not the exact spec, anyway... Do your homework and don't believe everything you read.
    And in my opinion, it seems like an intentional misrepresentation....so have any of you guys emailed the Seller (VRC buddy of yours?) to remind him/her of the original MB-0 specs?

    That would be the cool thing to do....revise the listing

    The right/cool thing to do is be honest...

  5. #255
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,582
    I think you should email the seller. You're the one that started it.

  6. #256
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgirlonbike
    I think you should email the seller. You're the one that started it.
    I have - have you?

    According to muddybuddy, the Seller is indeed a member of this Forum...so assuming the Seller wants to be honest in the listing - we should see a change in the description.

    Remember guys/girls, VRC people are supposed to be about passion not money

  7. #257
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgirlonbike
    I think you should email the seller. You're the one that started it.
    Interesting how I'm 'starting something' by providing accurate information...hahaha

  8. #258
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fillet-brazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,696
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse
    Interesting how I'm 'starting something' by providing accurate information...hahaha

    anybody have a fly swatter?

  9. #259
    Certified Bike Junkie
    Reputation: muddybuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,746
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse
    Interesting how I'm 'starting something' by providing accurate information...hahaha
    Whats really interesting is that you post asking if the seller is a regular here when you obviously already know who the seller is. Go F yourself. I'm done.
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

  10. #260
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet-brazed
    anybody have a fly swatter?
    funny dude, actually your sig about "killing an error" is appropriate here.....where a regular VRC poster is intentionally misrepresenting an item on ebay. bad call

  11. #261
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fillet-brazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,696
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse
    funny dude, actually your sig about "killing an error" is appropriate here.....where a regular VRC poster is intentionally misrepresenting an item on ebay. bad call

    I don't think it's that big of a deal. There are a few words missing in the sentence and I think the seller's saying the rivendell guys would be interested due to it being a Mavic hub - the hub that the Zip used. Calm down before everybody here puts you on their blocked bidder list. Youre brand new here and already off to an annoying start. Reminds me of someone else. He'll probably be here to defend you shortly.

  12. #262
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet-brazed
    I don't think it's that big of a deal. There are a few words missing in the sentence and I think the seller's saying the rivendell guys would be interested due to it being a Mavic hub - the hub that the Zip used. Calm down before everybody here puts you on their blocked bidder list. Youre brand new here and already off to an annoying start. Reminds me of someone else. He'll probably be here to defend you shortly.
    That wheel wasn't spec'ed on the MB-0, simple as that.

    The only reason not to revise the listing is Pride and EGO...the last thing you would like to see is for the "VRC" ebayer to revise the listing and make the description accurate. funny

  13. #263
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fillet-brazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,696
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse
    That wheel wasn't spec'ed on the MB-0, simple as that.

    The only reason not to revise the listing is Pride and EGO...the last thing you would like to see is for the "VRC" ebayer to revise the listing and make the description accurate. funny

    I couldn't care less if they change it. Never was one to trust 20 yr old specifics on a random ebay ad. Any Zip fan worth their salt knows that's not a stock Zip wheel.

  14. #264
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,425
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse
    Says "VRC" in the auction title so perhaps a regular on this board?

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Bridgestone-MB-0...ht_2922wt_1137

    I'm not aware that a Black 36H Gao Dakar hub "came spec'ed on a 1991 Bridgestone MB-0"

    Wondering if we will ever see the rest of the parted out Zip - time will tell i guess
    ("I also have many other Suntour XC Pro stuff coming down the pipeline from my parted out zip.")

    Implying that this wheel came off a parted out Zip?!
    Those are nice hubs, I have a NOS set built up with mavic reflex's that I run campy eight speed on, butter smooth!

  15. #265
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet-brazed
    I couldn't care less if they change it. Never was one to trust 20 yr old specifics on a random ebay ad. Any Zip fan worth their salt knows that's not a stock Zip wheel.
    My point is/was simple - the VRC member intentionally misrepresenting the ebay item...and intentionally misrepresenting mountain bike history - truth hurts bruthah but WILL set us free......we hope

  16. #266
    All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    15,024
    Wow, everyone needs to go for a ride already....

    FB's got my feeling on this, nailed down. If it's misrepresented to that level (pretty mild) and the buyer has a Zip they are looking to rebuild, it's the sellers responsibility to determine if it's right for their needs.

    Is that wheel off a Zip? Sounds like no. Is it damn close? Yep. Is that good enough for many? Yep. Is it good enough for someone who is totally anal about having every detail, spot on? No, but then, they'd know it wasn't the one they wanted, and keep on searching. Have we all, inthe learning of a new hobby, made some mistakes? I'm sure, all part of the learning process. Do your research yourself, trusting an ebay listing as gospel, is just plain asking for trouble

    My intention was, as Hollister (obliquely) alluded to. It's a discussion of why outing isn't a happy thing around this neighborhood. Can dissenting opinions be aired, of course. Will legit listings that get posted, get pulled out? Yes. Will funny, outrageous ones get left up, cause we all like a good laugh? Yes. Talk about outing. List some really bad ads, it's all good.

    Klasse, you seem like a nice, knowledgeable person. Please just step back, and play nicely. We'd love to have you stick around, but grabbing a stick, and running up and down in front of the cages, zipping it along the bars making a racket, whilst screaming LIARS!!!!!! Is likely to piss off the other animals, and make them not want to come out so you can see them
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  17. #267
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    Wow, everyone needs to go for a ride already....

    FB's got my feeling on this, nailed down. If it's misrepresented to that level (pretty mild) and the buyer has a Zip they are looking to rebuild, it's the sellers responsibility to determine if it's right for their needs.

    Is that wheel off a Zip? Sounds like no. Is it damn close? Yep. Is that good enough for many? Yep. Is it good enough for someone who is totally anal about having every detail, spot on? No, but then, they'd know it wasn't the one they wanted, and keep on searching. Have we all, inthe learning of a new hobby, made some mistakes? I'm sure, all part of the learning process. Do your research yourself, trusting an ebay listing as gospel, is just plain asking for trouble

    My intention was, as Hollister (obliquely) alluded to. It's a discussion of why outing isn't a happy thing around this neighborhood. Can dissenting opinions be aired, of course. Will legit listings that get posted, get pulled out? Yes. Will funny, outrageous ones get left up, cause we all like a good laugh? Yes. Talk about outing. List some really bad ads, it's all good.

    Klasse, you seem like a nice, knowledgeable person. Please just step back, and play nicely. We'd love to have you stick around, but grabbing a stick, and running up and down in front of the cages, zipping it along the bars making a racket, whilst screaming LIARS!!!!!! Is likely to piss off the other animals, and make them not want to come out so you can see them
    Here you can find the original specs on the 1991 Zip http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/1991/index.htm

    Pretty straightforward...and not a long story.

    It is the Seller's duty to accurately represent the item he/she is selling - no BS.

    That's how simple it is.

  18. #268
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse
    It is the Seller's duty to accurately represent the item he/she is selling - no BS.
    Trust me, plenty of people agree with this guideline...if you don't that's cool

    BUT I'm done discussing it w/you - nice day.

  19. #269
    horn doggie
    Reputation: scooderdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    844
    People make listing errors all the time. Calling them a liar is one way to handle it. Insisting the VRC crew contact the seller implies some sort of responsibility to do so, when there isn't.

    But a better way is to politely point it out to the seller through the eBay "ask a question" function. That's it. If you get no satisfaction to your liking, report it. Haranguing folks, here, only alienates them from all the ruckus. Memories are long, here.
    Last edited by scooderdude; 07-18-2010 at 08:21 AM.
    Wanted:

    Potts, Potts, Potts

  20. #270
    VRC Hound
    Reputation: bushpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,259
    Klasse is my favorite new member. I have been referring to things as "Klassic" as a tribute.

  21. #271
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,582
    I like the middle part.

  22. #272
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,496
    Quote Originally Posted by muddybuddy
    Exactly.

    Haha!
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  23. #273
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,496
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse
    funny dude, actually your sig about "killing an error" is appropriate here.....where a regular VRC poster is intentionally misrepresenting an item on ebay. bad call

    You're assuming it was an intentional misrepresentation.

    We all get it wrong sometimes. I'm going to have to add you to my blocked bidder list in case I leave out a minor detail or accidentally get some info wrong. You'll be one of those guys who raises a big stink and fires up a smear campaign and drag my good (well....not that good) name through the mud.

    And since its about 'passion' and not the 'money', I won't miss your business.
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  24. #274
    All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    15,024
    First, I'm not defending anyone, just indicating that, you didn't say I was

    Second. It's a buyer beware world out there, and if you don't approach every private sale that way, you have no one to blame but yourself for the results.

    Simply letting the seller know of the error is cool. Coming on here and swinging a dead cat about it isn't, that's all
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  25. #275
    He be a moose too.
    Reputation: pinguwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,105
    Most people, if you point out an error nicely, respond nicely and actually fix their error to avoid problems. Once I notified a seller of an error in a listing and he pulled the listing. He decided he didn't want to relist the bike and offered it to me at a killer price. I bought and the bike will be displayed here on the list in a few weeks.

  26. #276
    Certified Bike Junkie
    Reputation: muddybuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,746
    Am I the only one that finds quoting yourself even more annoying than someone who refers to himself in the third person?
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

  27. #277
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    You're assuming it was an intentional misrepresentation.

    We all get it wrong sometimes. I'm going to have to add you to my blocked bidder list in case I leave out a minor detail or accidentally get some info wrong. You'll be one of those guys who raises a big stink and fires up a smear campaign and drag my good (well....not that good) name through the mud.

    And since its about 'passion' and not the 'money', I won't miss your business.
    eric, it's safe to say that BY THIS TIME - the Seller knows it ain't true

    you are right, we all make honest mistakes but once you realize the mistake and don't correct it - that's the point at which it becomes intentional. get it? anyway...

  28. #278
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    btw rumpfy, i remember around 8 years ago when you and I were going back and forth over a fair price for a blue ringle stem that i had listed on eBay..I can't remember what it went out for but you were offering me around $35 then $38 then $41....hahahahha

    last item i bought from you was a (totally useless) black Halson fork - i didn't say anything 2u and i'm sure i left you positive feedback....that was around 5 years ago

    no big deals

  29. #279
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Smedley
    Those are nice hubs, I have a NOS set built up with mavic reflex's that I run campy eight speed on, butter smooth!
    neat - i have a very similar setup but I'm running a Dura Ace rear der w/9 speed ergos

  30. #280
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    First, I'm not defending anyone, just indicating that, you didn't say I was

    Second. It's a buyer beware world out there, and if you don't approach every private sale that way, you have no one to blame but yourself for the results.

    Simply letting the seller know of the error is cool. Coming on here and swinging a dead cat about it isn't, that's all
    thanks for clarifying what is and isn't cool, hahahaha

  31. #281
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    Haha!

    hahahahhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    now go look at this orange WTB w/the post longer than the seat tube and you will be laughing even harder Picture Friday (7-16-10)

    THIS is a fun forum, lol

  32. #282
    velocipede technician
    Reputation: hollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,822
    take your meds
    looking for 20-21" P team

  33. #283
    Hi.
    Reputation: jtmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,868
    I'm cool!

  34. #284
    Hi.
    Reputation: jtmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,868
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino
    I'm cool!
    What he said! Hahahahahaha!!! Lolzomg!

  35. #285

  36. #286
    skeet, skeet, skeet
    Reputation: Deuce Bigelow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig
    I'm gonna have to put that guy on my blocked bidder list. Nothing worse than a liar.

  37. #287
    Humanoid Lobster
    Reputation: Jak0zilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig
    I'd recommend that you contact the seller, and give him one warning. If he won't pull the listing we will have no choice but to have a protracted argument about the listing here in the forum. Common decency compels us to act.

  38. #288
    illuminaughty
    Reputation: da'HOOV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,651
    the more things change...the more they stay the same...

  39. #289
    horn doggie
    Reputation: scooderdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    844
    Here's another LIAR selling mischaracterized MB-0 wheels. I'm sure it's intentional.

    Does anyone know this seller?

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...id=p2759.l1259
    Wanted:

    Potts, Potts, Potts

  40. #290
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by scooderdude
    Here's another LIAR selling mischaracterized MB-0 wheels. I'm sure it's intentional.

    Does anyone know this seller?

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...id=p2759.l1259

    Should we all report the seller for keyword spamming? Maybe Klasse could email him direct - he should have his email address, maybe even his phone number, who knows, maybe they know each other on a one to one basis......

  41. #291
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,496
    Quote Originally Posted by da'HOOV
    the more things change...the more they stay the same...
    See....we don't pick on only you! (and stop trying to draw attention to yourself, wait your turn).
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  42. #292
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,496
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse
    hahahahhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    now go look at this orange WTB w/the post longer than the seat tube and you will be laughing even harder Picture Friday (7-16-10)

    THIS is a fun forum, lol
    Shows what you know about WTB. Talk about irony.
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  43. #293
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,582
    Klassic.

  44. #294
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,496
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgirlonbike
    Klassic.

    Haha! (He doesn't like your bike btw.)
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  45. #295
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,582
    yeah? What's new?

  46. #296
    VRC Hound
    Reputation: bushpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,259
    Its no 91 MB-Zipperoni!

  47. #297
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fillet-brazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,696
    Where did klasse go now? We have important work to do with this orfan_miracle seller!! Especially if he knows the guy.

    He could be fighting crime elsewhere, I guess.

  48. #298
    All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    15,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet-brazed
    Where did klasse go now?
    He's over in the puppet thread, trying to get me out for a ride
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  49. #299
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    He's over in the puppet thread, trying to get me out for a ride
    i have a properly specked MB-0 ready to roll for you man, haha

  50. #300
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    Shows what you know about WTB. Talk about irony.
    oh preach to me Eric...about how much you "know' about bikes..LMAO

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Craigslist outing!!
    By sandmangts in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 12:44 PM
  2. Is this a good deal? Craigslist outing
    By ckevlar in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 07:56 AM
  3. Inconsequential eBay outing
    By scooderdude in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 11:16 PM
  4. Yeti Ebay outing
    By dontyoueatthatyellowsnow in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 01:00 PM
  5. Can someone explain this John Tomac bike (Craigslist-outing)
    By OregonMTB in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 01:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •