Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    The Brutally Handsome

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Ok now that is a damn awesome add. I hate Cannondales but someone needs to buy this thing from this guy just because of straight literary prowess......

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzler View Post
    Comic f*cking gold right there.

Thanks!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

slow
    Awesome! Love the description of Rapid Rise. I have had the same reaction when riding my one bike with a rapid rise derailleur.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Got this link from a friend from the UK. Anybody need a Trek jacket? NSFW.

Trek cycling jersey | eBay
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzler View Post
    ha!

preserved for posterity:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP is the noise you'll hear echoing through your head when you ride this 1998 Cannondale F3000!

What's that year?! 1998?

**** YEAH IT'S 1998.

The Internet loaded half a nipple at a time, Clinton gets busted for cigar-blasting a corn-fed girl, the Euro financially circlejerks an entire continent, the Broncos won the Super Bowl (suck it, Manning), postage stamps cost 32 cents, and a bicycle company from Connecticut hand-built the greatest Cross-Country mountain bike the world had ever seen...

This bike was THE top of the line hardtail in Cannondale's arsenal, and propelled a young Cadel Evans to more U23 victories than you can shake your neon-anodized Al-6061 stick at.

Before you call and offer me 1/76th of my asking price, let's play "question and answer".

You: Why would I want a bike this old?

Me: Old?! Find a woman made in 1998 and try to ride HER. I guarantee the bike will be more satisfying and legal.

You: What drivetrain does it have?

Me: I'm glad you asked! This aluminum Sybian throws 8-speed Shimano XTR shifters and derailleurs together with a Race Face Turbine LP crankset for shifting nirvana. Hell, Shimano didn't think you were getting enough XTR parts, so they bukakke your hands with REMOTE XTR SHIFTERS to put on your obviously-not-long-enough bar ends.

Tired of standard shifting systems? Well Bobbitt that **** off and throw it out the window of a moving car because this version of XTR features RAPID RISE technology. That's right, Gorillamask... Rapid Rise shifting will not only enhance the life of the XTR rear cassette due to the reversed parallelogram mainspring, but it will CONFUSE THE UTTER **** OUT OF YOUR DICKBEATERS.

Climbing that nasty hill on your local trail system and need an easier gear? I hope you're feeling that EPO, Randy Savage, because Rapid Rise is going to chest slap you with a HARDER GEAR. Crushing it down your favorite descent and need that big meat 11 tooth? **** YOUR ELECTRONICS because your cadence is going to create its own MAGNETIC FIELD when Rapid Rise Dirk Diggler's you with the 15-tooth cog that you didn't ask for. This shifting is directly responsible for ruining the hopes and dreams of many a Strava user while simultaneously ensuring I can't find pants that fit properly.

You: That's amazing! How do I bring this pain train to a stop?!

Me: Magura HYDRAULIC RIM BRAKES. These brakes are generally reserved for trials riders, and other skinny-jean clad honkies that need to STOP RIGHT NOW. The brakes have acquired the name "Rim Crushers" because they are so powerful. How good are they? THEY STILL MAKE THESE BRAKES IN 2014, so the only pads you'll need to worry about are the sterile pads you'll require after you endo this ***** on FLAT LEVEL GROUND (I've done this twice).

Connecting you to the ground is a set of Mavic Crossland wheels clad in tubeless Maxxis LUST Ignitors. These tires are great for "being rad" and not much else.

You: What is "being rad"?

Me: Are you familiar with the game called "Poke the Bear"? If so, replace the word "Poke" with "Forcefully and Publicly Sodomizing the Family Pet of" and "the Bear" with "Gravity". Rad.

The seat that comes on this bike is a Bontrager... Something. I generally don't ride saddles made by the bike manufacturer, so I can't tell you if it's an ass-hatchet or not. The last time I rode a Specialized saddle, my danglefruit brazenly resembled a dried prune.

Cannondale claims this is an XL, but it fits like an 18-19" frame. My dapper bod is 5'9", and it fits like a race bike.

Text/e-mail with a decent offer, and this monster mash could be yours.

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Got this link from a friend from the UK. Anybody need a Trek jacket? NSFW.

Trek cycling jersey | eBay
    I wish I could un-see that.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak View Post
    I wish I could un-see that.
    heeeee! Sorry. Hugs!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    here's one...
    ProFlex Full Suspension Retro Vintage XT Deore Mountain Bike MTB | eBay

appears to be an early prflex thats been revised to accept a marzocchi fork with a bit of MAnitou poking through..just in case, we'll call it a Specialized.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official WTF outing thread, Craigslist, eBay etc-proflex-rework-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Raleigh M60 Mountain bike

Something's wrong here...wonder if the college kid can figure it out in time to actually sell his "Wrong-way wreck"!

Oh...and the rims are "about" 27"??? I figure he majored in Guestimation.

mtbr member
    I'd totally buy this if were in my size.... and $800 less.

RARE COLLECTORS VINTAGE 1987 DIAMOND BACK MOUNTAIN BIKE

R.

mtbr member
    It's a hard frame style

Stokeless Asshat
    And it sells for 2799 online.
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

Phobia of petting zoos.
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    And it sells for 2799 online.
    I'd buy it for $27.99.

I love a hard frame style of bike, especially one with new tyres and tubes.

Grumps

John Galt
    Admit you want this and will pay full price!

Proflex K2 4500 Carbon fiber full suspension mountain bike

Proflex K2 4500 Carbon fiber full suspension mountain bike - $2200 (Riverside)

Vintage Proflex K2 4500 Carbon fiber full suspension MTB bike
    $2200 or best offer.
    Details:

Lightly K2/Proflex 4500 carbon fiber full suspension bike. Bike has REALLY low miles.
    Made in the USA on Bainbridge Island in Washington state.

Well preserved vintage bike from 1998 with 5" of rear suspension travel
    Size Large. Measurements:
    Seat tube measures 19.75" from center of BB to the top of the seat tube
    Effective top tube measures 22.75" (587mm) from center of seat tube to center of head tube
    Head tube is 4 7/8" tall and takes a 1 1/8" fork steer tube
    The Noleen piggyback shock works like it should and does not leak any oil. It has adjustments for spring preload and dampening, which both work great.

The Spring is a NR2 550lb. The rear suspension cycles smoothly with no free play or grittiness.
    Rear drop outs are 135mm and show few signs of use.

Frame has a 73mm BB shell

Original decals are perfect. All visible threaded fasteners on this frame (like the rear derailleur mount and suspension linkage fasteners and BB) are in pristine shape. They've never been touched by a wrench.

Note: There are four bonded alloy inserts in this carbon frame: The swing arm pivot, the head tube, the BB and seat tube are in pristine shape.

I know this K2 has become a collectors item, so I only rode it lightly. Never crashed it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Sergeant Spandex
    Glad this thread came back because I just saw this today. Some guy on Ebay powder coated a pair of Shimano cranks, calls them Fat Chance green and now wants $150. Classic.

Like Custom Vintage Shimano MT60 Crankset in Kawa Fat Chance Green not M900 | eBay

CS2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    Glad this thread came back because I just saw this today. Some guy on Ebay powder coated a pair of Shimano cranks, calls them Fat Chance green and now wants $150. Classic.

Like Custom Vintage Shimano MT60 Crankset in Kawa Fat Chance Green not M900 | eBay
    Did you see the 2 stumpjumpers he's selling? They've been on for at least 6 months.
    A garage full of steel frames means happiness.

mtbr member
    Plus, $30 for US shipping and the threads need to be chased. What a steal!

Sergeant Spandex
    Quote Originally Posted by CS2 View Post
    Did you see the 2 stumpjumpers he's selling? They've been on for at least 6 months.
    Oh yeah, did not realize that was the same seller, now it makes perfect sense.

VRC Illuminati
    Guy sells Steve Potts CCR for $660.
    Vintage Steve Potts Mountain Bike | eBay

Guy who bought Steve Potts CCR uses the original sellers pictures to try and make a quick profit. Worst flipper ever.

-eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

Humanoid Lobster
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    He's also been trying to get $500 for a Tange Struts fork for at least a year. Good luck with that.
    Don't call it a gooseneck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    The proflex(K2) has also been up for a year or more...I cant believe these folks think that someone will eventually buy them for that much....he has another bike too, cant remember what (Raven?), but also a lot of dough.

Sergeant Spandex
    Quote Originally Posted by syklystt View Post
    The proflex(K2) has also been up for a year or more...I cant believe these folks think that someone will eventually buy them for that much....he has another bike too, cant remember what (Raven?), but also a lot of dough.
    I wonder about the reasoning as well

He be a moose too.
    Quote Originally Posted by syklystt View Post
    I cant believe these folks think that someone will eventually buy them for that much.
    There was a Klein Rascal on the local CL and he had an unrealistic price for it. When I made a very fair offer to him, he didn't even say no, he literally walked back into his house without a word. It stayed up for over two years.

Finally gave him a call and made a fair offer to him and he accepted. Then he said, "Were you that guy who came over two years ago?" When I said so, there was a long pause and he said to come over in a few hours when he was back home. Just before I left to pick it up, he called me back and raised his price to what he was asking two years ago. It stayed on CL for a few more years after that.
    Looking for: Really nice set of black M730 cranks

Sergeant Spandex
    That is a crazy story, I guess he just felt really insulted?

But no, there is a certain type of person who is perpetually afraid that a "flipper" is going to take advantage and so would rather hold on to their bike than sell to that rascal (see what I did there?) who is going to go out and make a million dollars with their item.

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast