Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Meant to say "ass"..
    Last edited by Laffinatcha; 02-24-2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: typo

John Galt
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoaststeve View Post
    God Damn beer company...almost gave me a heart attack when I saw the heading in my local CL

LANDSHARK BICYCLE

Steve
    That's more than a little disappointing! I used to get worked up each time I saw "WTB Mountain Bike", but 100% of those have meant "want to buy"...

mtbr member
    So I sent a message to the guy who is selling $600 M900 derailleurs and $350 M900 cantis.

Example: NOS Shimano XTR M910 Rear Derailleur Very Rare 8 speed MTB ATB | eBay

Here is what I said:
    Your price for these brakes, and many of your other items in your store, is completely ludicrous. A set of Grafton brakes recently sold for $365. Here's the link:Grafton Speed Controller Brake Set ~ Vintage Canti paul | eBay

Your XTR brakes are clean, yes, but they are just XTR brakes. I have four sets sitting in my parts bin. Shimano made a lot of them. $350 is justified for brakes that are rare and hard-to-find, like Graftons. Not XTR.

Why don't you just start the bidding at $1 and let them sell? That will tell you what they are really worth. This person started their brakes at $5. It went up to $172. That's probably as high as M900 XTR brakes will go. Shimano XTR BR-M900 cantilever brakes cyclocross yeti bontrager vintage CX | eBay

He responded with this, quite butthurt. He can charge high prices, but he sure can't spell very well.

wow pretty funny that your telling me how to sell. Ive been doing this for living exclusively for years. I dont need to open your links because auctions dont mean anything. Im a store with a huge investment and all items are in quantity. I typically sell 10k avg. per week up until my mmove to pdx because i dont have time to deal with it. Also emails like this make me keep my prices high so I have to deal with one less dildo.

You can sell your grafteks for what ever you want

your telling me how to sell - you can see in my last 2 weeks a pair of cantis, m900 shifters , and rear D for more than most will pay. remember this is not exclusively an american hobby 1/3 of my gear goes international complaints are virtually nonexistent.

I did .5 million in vintage parts last year and spent more than half that. I dont have parts bins except for used stuff which i have multitudes of but have no interest in selling. Almost anything in my store is in cases & w/ 1200 items listed and 5 times that to list if I ever feel like it i dont really need to underprice everyone.

By the time you decide to sell yours , you can thank me for raising the price and giving you a comparison if you have nos.

Youo know mtbs are fairly young compared to road bikes in collectability and look at what mid 80's c record cranks and deltas hit $1200 XTR is cheap in comparison, especially for 1st year.

your message is annoying, you dont have to agree with my price but learn how to use ebay completed listings and terapeak before messaging me and you;ll see that these sell.

pb bikes | eBay

right there is 3 pieces of m900 sold, probably some xt's too.

I ride both road and mtb and am finding the mtb vintage enthusiasts I guess because of age to complain alot about the price and I say dont buy from me. The Benelux countries and SE Asia are gobbling this stuff up . check terapeak m900

mkozaczek
    Things are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them.

However, I am inclined to think he may have bought those items himself just to establish a price history for those items.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    The whole ad was full of misstatements. Designed by Tom Ritchey. hahaha.
    It's fine to laugh at people who make mistakes, which are by their nature as mistakes unintentional. I just looked at the comps and followed what this guy wrote, I don't see you flaming him anywhere. You only beat on women here? Oh that's just so brave.

However, sending them derogatory arrogant name calling emails is NOT OKAY!

I thought this guy "Klasse" (more like "Trasshe") was a one off psychopath but looks like your membership gets off on accosting and bullying perfect strangers on eBay and Craigslist. WTF gives you the right?

I will never look at a guy on a mountain bike the same way ever again because of this, it is an eye opener, I mean just wow. What a bunch of self absorbed bullies you are! I expect shite like this from say street gangs, but then that's basically what you all are except you hide out online under assumed names. So what would you say to your mothers if she was virtually assaulted by one of your scummy members?

Here's a newsflash! Nobody else gives a crap that you are self labelled experts on whatever bike or bike part SOMEONE ELSE OWNS! It's theirs, no one made you gods of all things bike, and when you support this trollish, aggressively antisocial behavior you just make the world a nastier place to live. Do you also lean over someone's fence to mace their dog because it had the nerve to bark at you as you rode by? Do you feel entitled to grab little kids off the street and buttfcuk them too?

I open my email to find garbage like these two emails from your 'roidrager buddy here, maybe he needs to back off the Rockstar. "Full of crap"??? For trying to sell something I own? For saying a tall guy rides this bike regularly? None of you ever watches the BMX riders catching air on those huge ramps in the X Games? Hello??

Email below is from your psycho captain:

One question: are you out of your mind?

1. Bridgestones have nothing to do with Tom Ritchey. NOTHING. They were designed by Grant Petersen and made in Japan. No Ritchey hands on it at all.

2. Shimano STX were low-end components. Because the MB-4 is a low-end bike. Never, EVER were they titanium-plated. Like NEVER. You are smoking crack to think otherwise.

3. There's no way in hell your "hubby" rides a 14" frame fine, unless he is a mutant. 14" is considered an extra small/small in the bike world. Your hubby needs a large, at least.

That said, your price is too high. THe MB-4 is a low-end bike that's not really worth anything these days. $100 tops. And you are currently being mocked on websites where people actually have knowledge of vintage mountain bikes, and know you're full of crap.

To learn about Bridgestones, go here:

Bridgestone Bicycles

To see that you've been called out for having a stupidly ridiculous posting:

The Official WTF outing thread, Craigslist, eBay etc

Other than that, GREAT luck on the sale!

Sincerely,

Captain Obvious

Hey, here's the scoop! You were wrong, get over it and don't be a dumbass about it. First, your bike salesman did lie, as STX is entry-level Shimano and not Ti coated. It doesn't even look like Ti. I could get into the different levels of Shimano components from the early 90s but you probably wouldn't understand anyways. And 14" IS the frame size, you stupid ****ing troll. I never said anything about millimeters or feet. Frames are measured in inches as well as S/M/L/XL sizes. A 14" seat tube, measured from the center of the bottom bracket to the center of the top tube, would be a small or extra small. Medium is usually 17.5"-18". Get the picture? Rather than argue with me like a complete ****ing imbecile, go here and look for yourself...all of the frame sizes for your bike are listed in inches: BikePedia - 1994 Bridgestone MB-4 SUS Complete Bicycle

Good job revising your posting, but you still look like an idiot. Oh, and nobody ****ing cares about your stupid sob story. I can't stand when people ***** about losing their jobs, and are too ****ing dumb to find something else. Haven't you ever heard of a safety net? It's when responsible people have extra cash lying around to cover their living expenses for a few months in case you lose your job. Oh well, now you know.

God damn, you represent Los Angeles perfectly. Arrogant, combative, and ****ing stupid. Hopefully all this hardship has taught you to live within your means and plan ahead for emergencies. **** people should know when they're kids.

Sincerely,

Captain Obvious.

"Arrogant, combative, and ****ing stupid."

Excuse me, who started this?
    Last edited by Laffinatcha; 02-24-2012 at 03:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkozaczek View Post
    Things are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them.

However, I am inclined to think he may have bought those items himself just to establish a price history for those items.
    I thought the same thing. I know there are a lot of fools out there, but I really can't see someone spending $600 on an XTR derailleur.
    Not when there are plenty of fine examples for $100 or less: Shimano XTR excellent condition rear derailleur vintage mtb | eBay

mkozaczek
    Quote Originally Posted by djmuff View Post
    I thought the same thing. I know there are a lot of fools out there, but I really can't see someone spending $600 on an XTR derailleur.
    Not when there are plenty of fine examples for $100 or less: Shimano XTR excellent condition rear derailleur vintage mtb | eBay
    Sure, if you're gonna ride it.

But if you're building an NOS bike, then you need NOS, and then you have to pay NOS prices. There is a subtle, but big difference between NIB - NEW - LIKE NEW and on and on and on...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

mtbr member
    The perfect strangers aren't the ones that get made fun of, just the funny ones.
    Somec is like the digital Zunow
    And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD5h3y0a9AU

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    haha! funny stuff!

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by farley325 View Post

Thankfully the picture of the crack...since it wasn't mentioned in the auction.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffinatcha View Post
    It's fine to laugh at people who make mistakes, which are by their nature as mistakes unintentional. I just looked at the comps and followed what this guy wrote, I don't see you flaming him anywhere. You only beat on women here? Oh that's just so brave.

However, sending them derogatory arrogant name calling emails is NOT OKAY!

I thought this guy "Klasse" (more like "Trasshe") was a one off psychopath but looks like your membership gets off on accosting and bullying perfect strangers on eBay and Craigslist. WTF gives you the right?

I will never look at a guy on a mountain bike the same way ever again because of this, it is an eye opener, I mean just wow. What a bunch of self absorbed bullies you are! I expect shite like this from say street gangs, but then that's basically what you all are except you hide out online under assumed names. So what would you say to your mothers if she was virtually assaulted by one of your scummy members?

Here's a newsflash! Nobody else gives a crap that you are self labelled experts on whatever bike or bike part SOMEONE ELSE OWNS! It's theirs, no one made you gods of all things bike, and when you support this trollish, aggressively antisocial behavior you just make the world a nastier place to live. Do you also lean over someone's fence to mace their dog because it had the nerve to bark at you as you rode by? Do you feel entitled to grab little kids off the street and buttfcuk them too?

I open my email to find garbage like these two emails from your 'roidrager buddy here, maybe he needs to back off the Rockstar. "Full of crap"??? For trying to sell something I own? For saying a tall guy rides this bike regularly? None of you ever watches the BMX riders catching air on those huge ramps in the X Games? Hello??

Email below is from your psycho captain:

One question: are you out of your mind?

1. Bridgestones have nothing to do with Tom Ritchey. NOTHING. They were designed by Grant Petersen and made in Japan. No Ritchey hands on it at all.

2. Shimano STX were low-end components. Because the MB-4 is a low-end bike. Never, EVER were they titanium-plated. Like NEVER. You are smoking crack to think otherwise.

3. There's no way in hell your "hubby" rides a 14" frame fine, unless he is a mutant. 14" is considered an extra small/small in the bike world. Your hubby needs a large, at least.

That said, your price is too high. THe MB-4 is a low-end bike that's not really worth anything these days. $100 tops. And you are currently being mocked on websites where people actually have knowledge of vintage mountain bikes, and know you're full of crap.

To learn about Bridgestones, go here:

Bridgestone Bicycles

To see that you've been called out for having a stupidly ridiculous posting:

The Official WTF outing thread, Craigslist, eBay etc

Other than that, GREAT luck on the sale!

Sincerely,

Captain Obvious

Hey, here's the scoop! You were wrong, get over it and don't be a dumbass about it. First, your bike salesman did lie, as STX is entry-level Shimano and not Ti coated. It doesn't even look like Ti. I could get into the different levels of Shimano components from the early 90s but you probably wouldn't understand anyways. And 14" IS the frame size, you stupid ****ing troll. I never said anything about millimeters or feet. Frames are measured in inches as well as S/M/L/XL sizes. A 14" seat tube, measured from the center of the bottom bracket to the center of the top tube, would be a small or extra small. Medium is usually 17.5"-18". Get the picture? Rather than argue with me like a complete ****ing imbecile, go here and look for yourself...all of the frame sizes for your bike are listed in inches: BikePedia - 1994 Bridgestone MB-4 SUS Complete Bicycle

Good job revising your posting, but you still look like an idiot. Oh, and nobody ****ing cares about your stupid sob story. I can't stand when people ***** about losing their jobs, and are too ****ing dumb to find something else. Haven't you ever heard of a safety net? It's when responsible people have extra cash lying around to cover their living expenses for a few months in case you lose your job. Oh well, now you know.

God damn, you represent Los Angeles perfectly. Arrogant, combative, and ****ing stupid. Hopefully all this hardship has taught you to live within your means and plan ahead for emergencies. **** people should know when they're kids.

Sincerely,

Captain Obvious.

"Arrogant, combative, and ****ing stupid."

Excuse me, who started this?

I didn't read your diatribe....but I can tell you're a psycho.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    $3,000 with a big honking crack at the pivot! Nice! Maybe an offer of $250 will be accepted.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post

Although it was obvious, even before peeping the pics, that something was on crack.

mtbr member
    I should share the gem left as a visitor message on my profile:

You're a real card, you don't even have any real bikes, just a buncha old beater siht, just like you, a skanky nobby kneed skinny hairy assed piece of siht! Whatsa matter, can't make enough blowing your buddies at 50 cents a suck to buy a real bike? Mine cost $3K! WTF you think I'm selling my bait bike? I was looking for a stupid demented cnut like you who thinks "oo, vintage mtb, gnarly!" and creams his panties at the thought of making a ridiculous frankenstein fixie, and that is just so fuken gaaay!

The point is laugh at the funny postings, fine, but don't FCUKING ASSULT THE SELLERS!! I hope you and your wimpy limp dickwad friends all go face first over a 500 foot cliff and hit every rock and break every bone in your pathetic weedy bodies on the way down. And that your fcukbuddies laugh at you and leave you there to die.

Now how does that feel?I hope you enjoyed it as much as your buddy did when he did it to me.

VRC Hound
    I think I missed something. CL? WTF?

hello pot? this is kettle
    So what he's saying is he's gonna light your country music award on fire?

velocipede technician
    that's some quality crazy right there
    looking for 20-21" P team

He be a moose too.
    You know DJ, for a guy who is a "dildo", he sure spent a lot of time telling you that. If someone is a "dildo", why bother? As soon as I see an item is from budget bicycle or pbbikes, I close the tab and don't watch the auction. I tend to agree with those who say that these sales will never actually complete and soon we'll see it listed again.
    Looking for: Really nice set of black M730 cranks

Phobia of petting zoos.
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffinatcha View Post
    Here's a newsflash! Nobody else gives a crap that you are self labelled experts on whatever bike or bike part SOMEONE ELSE OWNS!
    For the record, I'd like to state I actually give a crap that some of the folks here are experts on certain bikes or bike parts.

It's nice to have people out there who, over time, have amassed knowledge and are happy to share it. It helps us learn and builds a sense of community. Some of us are happy to be set straight.

I guess you only understand that when you have a capacity for learnin'.

Grumps

The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
    Just wanted to let whomever grabbed this one know...

you're damn lucky I promised my wife no more bikes for a while...

was "this" close to hitting a bid anyway

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Steve

workin' it Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoaststeve View Post
    Just wanted to let whomever grabbed this one know...

you're damn lucky I promised my wife no more bikes for a while...

was "this" close to hitting a bid anyway

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Steve
    Wow $300 for that sucker! That was a score for someone. Can't believe it had 19 bids but only went for that little. I have watched white freewheels go for close to that on ebay.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

John Galt
    Nice and all, but crack smokin' pricing policy continues at this shop. I wonder how many of their items have been posted here...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official WTF outing thread, Craigslist, eBay etc-dbarrival.jpg  

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast