• 01-03-2010
    MendonCycleSmith
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by yo-Nate-y

    That one is actually pretty sweet. Too bad there's no market right now. and the seller had hopes that were a tad stratospheric!
  • 01-03-2010
    wv_bob
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    That one is actually pretty sweet.

    The derailleur is beyond cool :thumbsup:
  • 01-03-2010
    eastcoaststeve
    Slightly optimistic price, but at least he's enthusiastic...



    http://binghamton.craigslist.org/bik/1510734352.html





    Steve
  • 01-05-2010
    mechagouki
    Most confusing ad ever - most expensive Cannondale ever.
  • 01-17-2010
    eastcoaststeve
  • 01-28-2010
    mechagouki
    Errrmmm.................................no.

    http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/bik/1575283843.html
  • 02-02-2010
    yo-Nate-y
  • 02-07-2010
    Sizzler
    This ebay ad is absurd:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Bridgestone-MB-2...item230537ea2a

    He's asking $550 for an MB2 and $138 to ship it! I love his liberal use of exclamation points:

    "I HAVE A BRIDGESTONE MB-2!"

    "MINE HAS A DIFFERENT SEAT (THE LIBERATOR SEAT)!"

    "SOME ARE SELLING THEIRS AT OVER $1200 AND OTHERS AT CLOSE TO $1000!"

    "IT LOOKS LIKE I FORGOT TO ADD THE FRAME SIZE!"

    "PLEASE ONLY WATCH IF YOU INTEND TO MAKE A BID, THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING!"
  • 02-07-2010
    mechagouki
    Quote:

    "PLEASE ONLY WATCH IF YOU INTEND TO MAKE A BID, THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING!"
    Priceless.......
  • 02-08-2010
    cegrover
  • 02-08-2010
    cegrover
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Sizzler
    This ebay ad is absurd:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Bridgestone-MB-2...item230537ea2a

    He's asking $550 for an MB2 and $138 to ship it! I love his liberal use of exclamation points:

    "I HAVE A BRIDGESTONE MB-2!"

    "MINE HAS A DIFFERENT SEAT (THE LIBERATOR SEAT)!"

    "SOME ARE SELLING THEIRS AT OVER $1200 AND OTHERS AT CLOSE TO $1000!"

    "IT LOOKS LIKE I FORGOT TO ADD THE FRAME SIZE!"

    "PLEASE ONLY WATCH IF YOU INTEND TO MAKE A BID, THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING!"

    Wow! It comes with bedroom adventure gear!
  • 02-08-2010
    eastcoaststeve
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by cegrover
    Wow! It comes with bedroom adventure gear!


    Is it bad that I thought the same thing when I read the desciption ;)

    My wife actually wanted a couple of pieces, but I told her it would weird me out if I caught the kids building forts with them :lol:



    Steve
  • 02-08-2010
    cegrover
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by eastcoaststeve
    Is it bad that I thought the same thing when I read the desciption ;)

    My wife actually wanted a couple of pieces, but I told her it would weird me out if I caught the kids building forts with them :lol:



    Steve

    Classic!!!
  • 02-14-2010
    da'HOOV
    a little Otis outing
  • 02-17-2010
    jtmartino
    Haven't seen one of these before on craigslist, but it looks like fun:

    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bik/1605594533.html
  • 02-18-2010
    eastcoaststeve
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jtmartino
    Haven't seen one of these before on craigslist, but it looks like fun:

    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bik/1605594533.html



    Josh,

    Just an FYI:


    While the title of this thread may make you think it is "For Outing Stuff", (scroll up and read Mendon's introductory posts), it's was actually supposed to be a thread for the guys who are for/against outing to bang bars, and discuss why each other are wrong.

    It also eneded up being a place to "out" ridiculous CL stuff for fun.


    Posting a link to a decent vintage bike might get your hand slappped.:nono:



    Steve
  • 02-18-2010
    Rumpfy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by eastcoaststeve
    Josh,
    Just an FYI:
    While the title of this thread may make you think it is "For Outing Stuff", (scroll up and read Mendon's introductory posts), it's was actually supposed to be a thread for the guys who are for/against outing to bang bars, and discuss why each other are wrong.
    It also eneded up being a place to "out" ridiculous CL stuff for fun.
    Posting a link to a decent vintage bike might get your hand slappped.:nono:
    Steve


    Look, I'm the first to admit I like to stir the pot and give grief to a newbie (or you or GM or Stan)...but you really have it out for this guy. You've lost it man! :out:
  • 02-18-2010
    jtmartino
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by eastcoaststeve
    Josh,

    Just an FYI:


    While the title of this thread may make you think it is "For Outing Stuff", (scroll up and read Mendon's introductory posts), it's was actually supposed to be a thread for the guys who are for/against outing to bang bars, and discuss why each other are wrong.

    It also eneded up being a place to "out" ridiculous CL stuff for fun.


    Posting a link to a decent vintage bike might get your hand slappped.:nono:



    Steve


    My mistake Steve, and I appreciate the explanation. Sorry everyone! I was under the wrong impression from a few of the posts above mine.

    So my ignorance spawns the question - is everyone here pretty much against Outing items on places like craigslist? Are there places where I can post about something and see what people think (like whether or not to pick it up?)
  • 02-18-2010
    eastcoaststeve
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    Look, I'm the first to admit I like to stir the pot and give grief to a newbie (or you or GM or Stan)...but you really have it out for this guy. You've lost it man! :out:



    Jeez Eric, I was just trying to be helpful;) ...point taken though, I'll lay off.



    Steve
  • 02-18-2010
    girlonbike
    Thanks Steve. :)

    Josh, retrobike uk outs and discuss. But you're right. Not everybody is outing appropriate items. For example, that Otis is not ridiculous. That's a VRC worthy item within a reasonable price range even though it probably a bit on the spendy side.

    The Bridgestone is also on the spendy side but who knows, there's a real fan base.
  • 02-18-2010
    jtmartino
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    Look, I'm the first to admit I like to stir the pot and give grief to a newbie (or you or GM or Stan)...but you really have it out for this guy. You've lost it man! :out:

    Haha thanks for looking out, but Steve's just dishing out what I deserve - I stepped on more than a few toes with that ebay posting so my apologies for that.

    And thanks sfgirlonbike for the info - I have only spent a small amount of time on retrobike uk to check stuff out, never to contribute in any way. I saw that a few people on here live in SoCal so maybe they're looking at the same stuff I am!

    I also saw that Otis and Bridgestone and thought they were reasonable to the right buyer - looks like I wasn't the only one confused about the purpose of this thread.

    Back to the task at hand - I think outing ridiculous postings on craigslist or ebay should be allowed because it's often hilarious. Especially if someone really grinds the seller, like BSNYC does.
  • 02-18-2010
    mechagouki
    Bikes are so cheap in Cali. That Ventana would go for at least $600 in Toronto. :(
  • 02-18-2010
    sandmangts
    Wow. Civility? WTF!? A far cry from how I was broken in here. I am very impressed. Meanwhile back in the land of Oz http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/bik/1607242676.html
  • 02-18-2010
    jtmartino
    LOL I saw that today...but it's "Classic!"

    Edit: And sales tax!
  • 02-18-2010
    jtmartino
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mechagouki
    Bikes are so cheap in Cali. That Ventana would go for at least $600 in Toronto. :(


    I agree California (especially So-cal) is pretty cheap. I think Orange County has some of the cheapest buys around. Not sure if it's because the people there can afford to buy and just "throw away" on craigslist, or what?