• 08-14-2016
    azjeff
  • 08-15-2016
    MendonCycleSmith
    I'll bet he gets that all the time, first thing I thought, actually, Walmart.

I have an *odd* local customer who has something similar that he vehemently defends as a non Walgoose......
  • 08-15-2016
    pinguwin
    As for that Stumpjumper, Saturae rims were Primo BITD. I used to have a stem like that although with less reach. I had to use an indoor trainer due to a vertebra fracture and simply couldn't bend over enough to use a conventionally proportioned bike.

As the recovery proceeded, the stem was pushed down until it could go no further and then it was cut off on the bottom inch by inch.
  • 08-25-2016
    cnordt24
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro Dude View Post
    Or a downhill bike that "is sweet on the trails":

Attachment 1088011

custom downhill mtb

The Goose is loose!!!! LOL
  • 09-09-2016
    eastcoaststeve
    OMG...no words for this atrocity:

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/bik/5773349772.html

Steve
  • 09-09-2016
    unicrown junkie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eastcoaststeve View Post
    OMG...no words for this atrocity:

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/bik/5773349772.html

Steve

Well, the seller said it best. "Old school classic bike looking for new home. Bike was recently tuned up and is ready to ride."

Oh man, I needed that laugh, and who knows this might just be a improvement over the original version. Lol.
  • 09-09-2016
    jestep
    Quote:

Originally Posted by unicrown junkie View Post
    Oh man, I needed that laugh, and who knows this might just be a improvement over the original version. Lol.

It should be made official that it's the worst design ever to make it in a reputable brand's production bike.

I never completely understood why nobody liked them until I rode one a few years back. The awfulness of that suspension while not on a perfectly paved road cannot be overstated...
  • 09-09-2016
    MendonCycleSmith
    I needed a laugh very badly right then, and this delivered in spades, thank you.
  • 09-10-2016
    eastcoaststeve
    2 Attachment(s)
    Glad you guys got a smile out of it.

Pics from ad recorded for posterity in case it sells, lol, and the link goes away...

Attachment 1093379Attachment 1093380

Steve
  • 09-10-2016
    pinguwin
    Don't think we have to worry about it being sold rather the ad expiring. For me, it's the kickstand that does it. I hear Gary Klein likes his bikes being ridden and not being garage queens but I can't imagine him saying, "Kickstands...now there is an idea I should have put stock on my bikes."
  • 09-10-2016
    MTB Pharm
    Anyone interested in a custom painted Schwinn?
    custom painted shwinn mountain bike

"WTF? You used a Sharpie?"
  • 09-10-2016
    eastcoaststeve
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MTB Pharm View Post
    Anyone interested in a custom painted Schwinn?
    custom painted shwinn mountain bike

"WTF? You used a Sharpie?"

Painted fork stanchions seems like a bad idea.

Steve
  • 10-02-2016
    whatisaidwas
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here's something nice. I know there are many, many fans of this rig on the VRC forum

Mountain Bike

Attachment 1097358

/or not
  • 10-02-2016
    lewisfoto
    Quote:

Originally Posted by whatisaidwas View Post
    Here's something nice. I know there are many, many fans of this rig on the VRC forum

um I am going with the or not part
  • 10-02-2016
    whatisaidwas
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    um I am going with the or not part

Yeah, how much does he want for it? $500? Uh, that's about $485 too much.

/$15 for the parts.
  • 11-26-2016
    mainlyfats
    Bonus points for humour.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/272464271098?_mwBanner=1
  • 11-27-2016
    lewisfoto
    I had an isolator hub, weird idea and mine the elastomers were hard but had settled so the wheel bobbed
  • 12-15-2016
    datasurfer
    LQQK RARE RINGLE/EASTON RED ANODIZED MOBY DEUCE SEATPOST!! | eBay

$256 and there is still 10 hrs to go...WTF?
  • 12-15-2016
    phattruth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by datasurfer View Post

OK? I have the same seatpost and I know it isn't even worth half that. Not sure that's legit.
  • 12-15-2016
    datasurfer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by phattruth View Post
    OK? I have the same seatpost and I know it isn't even worth half that. Not sure that's legit.

Right? I have an NOS one in 26.8 and no one wanted to trade...
  • 12-15-2016
    lewisfoto
    Quote:

Originally Posted by datasurfer View Post

The top bidder has a feedback of 1611 and number two has a 711 score, that usually is a sign that the bidding is legit. Maybe two people just had to have this? It has been know to happen.
  • 12-17-2016
    super_stein
  • 12-18-2016
    jeff
    He'll get it or close to asking price. The BMX Cook's freaks would pay that if it was a BMX stem.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by super_stein View Post

• 12-19-2016
    pinguwin
    Those stems have sold for $700-800. Not sure about the BMX stuff but haven't seen an mtb stem sell for $1200 but they will get really good money for it. So $1200 would be a surprise but not a big one.
  • 01-04-2017
    jestep
    Bontrager Race Steel Hardtail Mountain Bike Frame 17.5" Vintage 1 1/8" steer | eBay

This one just aggravates me more than anything, but I swear 75% of every bontrager that doesn't have a Privateer sticker on it is listed as a race or race lite. Secondly $140 shipping, WTF, I could freight this or overnight it for less than that.

This one is a late 98 or 99 Privateer and someone put the top sticker on backwards. It would be a great bike, especially since it's the only Bontrager with a 1 1/8 headtube, but not a race, and not worth $350, and not worth it to pay an additional $140 to ship it...
  • 01-04-2017
    whatisaidwas
    I sent the seller a note and he wrote back that it's a Privateer Comp and he'll change the listing. Good eye jestep.
  • 01-05-2017
    pinguwin
    Jestep, you most definitely could not overnight it for $140. Making a guess, here, but the person probably put in a dimension, making a WAG or possibly a really big bike box, that made it oversize, which jumps up the price quite a bit.

If this is something your interested in, suggest the person look at bikeflights.com and do the homework for them. Quick check for selecting a mountain bike with a generic weight of 65 lbs, three day is $62.

I believe bikeflights benefits from volume discounts which the seller would not. Most people don't ship bikes very often and the ebay calculator is pretty lousy, so help the seller out.
  • 01-19-2017
    super_stein
  • 01-19-2017
    sryanak
    Quote:

Finally a bike that doesn't get lighter if you just take a dump.
  • 01-19-2017
    phattruth
    Quote:

Is it composting? Great way to burn some calories while taking care of business!
  • 01-19-2017
    girlonbike
    wheelie-friendly.
  • 01-19-2017
    lewisfoto
    Quote:

Now that is a true WTF

Although it could be a fun thing to ride around on
  • 01-20-2017
    BStrummin
    1 Attachment(s)
    Nishiki moutian bike

Attachment 1116862

Feels vintagey but it's not the elevated chainstay model. Either way those tires are really something.
  • 01-21-2017
    pinguwin
    Those look like Sweetskinz tires.

https://www.google.com/search?q=swee...=1200&bih=1776
  • 01-21-2017
    sryanak
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pinguwin View Post

I need some of those for my fat bike! Or maybe they would make some for a Gator Fade Klein.
  • 01-21-2017
    Sideknob
  • 04-01-2017
    singletrackmack
    5 Attachment(s)
    Balance XR650
    What's this statricks.com? Never heard of the site, but this add looks fishy to me. Especially after checking out the value on bicyclebluebook.com.

Deore DX :rolleyes:

***Rare, Vintage Balance XR650 Mountain Bike w/ Deore DX***

Attachment 1129671

Attachment 1129670

Did someone Kentucky pay $3,971 for this bike?

Attachment 1129668

Attachment 1129669

Bicyclebluebook.com value:

Attachment 1129667
  • 04-02-2017
    Mr. Doom
  • 04-02-2017
    girlonbike
    Bicycle blue book sure seems substantially off on vintage bikes.
  • 04-02-2017
    singletrackmack
    Quote:

Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Bicycle blue book sure seems substantially off on vintage bikes.

Bicyclebluebook.com is substantially off or did you mean statricks.com is substatially off? Cause I don't think there is anything special about this balance bike to warrant a $3k to $4k price range. Bike blue book looks to be spot on with a $100 and $200 price range.
  • 04-04-2017
    lewisfoto
    Dang it my Ritchey P-21 is only worth $600 according to Statricks.com, wish I had a Balance XR-650
  • 04-18-2017
    MendonCycleSmith
    Winner winner chicken dinner!

I'm particularly partial to the Spinergy Titanium rims....

https://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/bik/6089587978.html