Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    Certified Bike Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse
    which part?
    Exactly.
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by muddybuddy
    I thought you were implying that I had lied. I am not the seller and have not lied in this thread. If you are stating that the seller is lying because the black hubs were not originally speced on the zip, I don't know, but I'm sure someone around here does.
    Here is the spec sheet for the '91 Zip http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgest...ne-1991-36.htm
    Last edited by MendonCycleSmith; 07-18-2010 at 11:50 AM.

mtbr member
    Here is the spec sheet for the '91 Zip http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgest...ne-1991-36.htm

for those just tuning into the show, background context is found here http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...21519#poststop
    Perhaps they just meant the MAVIC hub was speced on the Zip, and not this exact hub. I'm not the seller, but calling someone a liar when you very well may be misunderstanding their description is not too cool...

The person that would care if it was the perfect hub for his Zip restoration would/should know that the black ano one is not the exact spec, anyway... Do your homework and don't believe everything you read.
    Last edited by MendonCycleSmith; 07-19-2010 at 04:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet-brazed
    Perhaps they just meant the MAVIC hub was speced on the Zip, and not this exact hub. I'm not the seller, but calling someone a liar when you very well may be misunderstanding their description is not too cool...

The person that would care if it was the perfect hub for his Zip restoration would/should know that the black ano one is not the exact spec, anyway... Do your homework and don't believe everything you read.
    And in my opinion, it seems like an intentional misrepresentation....so have any of you guys emailed the Seller (VRC buddy of yours?) to remind him/her of the original MB-0 specs?

That would be the cool thing to do....revise the listing

The right/cool thing to do is be honest...

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    I think you should email the seller. You're the one that started it.
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgirlonbike
    I have - have you?

According to muddybuddy, the Seller is indeed a member of this Forum...so assuming the Seller wants to be honest in the listing - we should see a change in the description.

Remember guys/girls, VRC people are supposed to be about passion not money

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgirlonbike
    Interesting how I'm 'starting something' by providing accurate information...hahaha

mtbr member
    Interesting how I'm 'starting something' by providing accurate information...hahaha

anybody have a fly swatter?

Certified Bike Junkie
    Whats really interesting is that you post asking if the seller is a regular here when you obviously already know who the seller is. Go F yourself. I'm done.
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

mtbr member
    anybody have a fly swatter?
    funny dude, actually your sig about "killing an error" is appropriate here.....where a regular VRC poster is intentionally misrepresenting an item on ebay. bad call

mtbr member
    funny dude, actually your sig about "killing an error" is appropriate here.....where a regular VRC poster is intentionally misrepresenting an item on ebay. bad call

I don't think it's that big of a deal. There are a few words missing in the sentence and I think the seller's saying the rivendell guys would be interested due to it being a Mavic hub - the hub that the Zip used. Calm down before everybody here puts you on their blocked bidder list. Youre brand new here and already off to an annoying start. Reminds me of someone else. He'll probably be here to defend you shortly.

mtbr member
    I don't think it's that big of a deal. There are a few words missing in the sentence and I think the seller's saying the rivendell guys would be interested due to it being a Mavic hub - the hub that the Zip used. Calm down before everybody here puts you on their blocked bidder list. Youre brand new here and already off to an annoying start. Reminds me of someone else. He'll probably be here to defend you shortly.
    That wheel wasn't spec'ed on the MB-0, simple as that.

The only reason not to revise the listing is Pride and EGO...the last thing you would like to see is for the "VRC" ebayer to revise the listing and make the description accurate. funny

mtbr member
    That wheel wasn't spec'ed on the MB-0, simple as that.

The only reason not to revise the listing is Pride and EGO...the last thing you would like to see is for the "VRC" ebayer to revise the listing and make the description accurate. funny

I couldn't care less if they change it. Never was one to trust 20 yr old specifics on a random ebay ad. Any Zip fan worth their salt knows that's not a stock Zip wheel.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Says "VRC" in the auction title so perhaps a regular on this board?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bridgestone-MB-0...ht_2922wt_1137

I'm not aware that a Black 36H Gao Dakar hub "came spec'ed on a 1991 Bridgestone MB-0"

Wondering if we will ever see the rest of the parted out Zip - time will tell i guess
    ("I also have many other Suntour XC Pro stuff coming down the pipeline from my parted out zip.")

Implying that this wheel came off a parted out Zip?!
    Those are nice hubs, I have a NOS set built up with mavic reflex's that I run campy eight speed on, butter smooth!

mtbr member
    I couldn't care less if they change it. Never was one to trust 20 yr old specifics on a random ebay ad. Any Zip fan worth their salt knows that's not a stock Zip wheel.
    My point is/was simple - the VRC member intentionally misrepresenting the ebay item...and intentionally misrepresenting mountain bike history - truth hurts bruthah but WILL set us free......we hope

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Wow, everyone needs to go for a ride already....

FB's got my feeling on this, nailed down. If it's misrepresented to that level (pretty mild) and the buyer has a Zip they are looking to rebuild, it's the sellers responsibility to determine if it's right for their needs.

Is that wheel off a Zip? Sounds like no. Is it damn close? Yep. Is that good enough for many? Yep. Is it good enough for someone who is totally anal about having every detail, spot on? No, but then, they'd know it wasn't the one they wanted, and keep on searching. Have we all, inthe learning of a new hobby, made some mistakes? I'm sure, all part of the learning process. Do your research yourself, trusting an ebay listing as gospel, is just plain asking for trouble

My intention was, as Hollister (obliquely) alluded to. It's a discussion of why outing isn't a happy thing around this neighborhood. Can dissenting opinions be aired, of course. Will legit listings that get posted, get pulled out? Yes. Will funny, outrageous ones get left up, cause we all like a good laugh? Yes. Talk about outing. List some really bad ads, it's all good.

Klasse, you seem like a nice, knowledgeable person. Please just step back, and play nicely. We'd love to have you stick around, but grabbing a stick, and running up and down in front of the cages, zipping it along the bars making a racket, whilst screaming LIARS!!!!!! Is likely to piss off the other animals, and make them not want to come out so you can see them
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    Wow, everyone needs to go for a ride already....

FB's got my feeling on this, nailed down. If it's misrepresented to that level (pretty mild) and the buyer has a Zip they are looking to rebuild, it's the sellers responsibility to determine if it's right for their needs.

Is that wheel off a Zip? Sounds like no. Is it damn close? Yep. Is that good enough for many? Yep. Is it good enough for someone who is totally anal about having every detail, spot on? No, but then, they'd know it wasn't the one they wanted, and keep on searching. Have we all, inthe learning of a new hobby, made some mistakes? I'm sure, all part of the learning process. Do your research yourself, trusting an ebay listing as gospel, is just plain asking for trouble

My intention was, as Hollister (obliquely) alluded to. It's a discussion of why outing isn't a happy thing around this neighborhood. Can dissenting opinions be aired, of course. Will legit listings that get posted, get pulled out? Yes. Will funny, outrageous ones get left up, cause we all like a good laugh? Yes. Talk about outing. List some really bad ads, it's all good.

Klasse, you seem like a nice, knowledgeable person. Please just step back, and play nicely. We'd love to have you stick around, but grabbing a stick, and running up and down in front of the cages, zipping it along the bars making a racket, whilst screaming LIARS!!!!!! Is likely to piss off the other animals, and make them not want to come out so you can see them
    Here you can find the original specs on the 1991 Zip http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/1991/index.htm

Pretty straightforward...and not a long story.

It is the Seller's duty to accurately represent the item he/she is selling - no BS.

That's how simple it is.

mtbr member
    It is the Seller's duty to accurately represent the item he/she is selling - no BS.
    Trust me, plenty of people agree with this guideline...if you don't that's cool

BUT I'm done discussing it w/you - nice day.

horn doggie
    People make listing errors all the time. Calling them a liar is one way to handle it. Insisting the VRC crew contact the seller implies some sort of responsibility to do so, when there isn't.

But a better way is to politely point it out to the seller through the eBay "ask a question" function. That's it. If you get no satisfaction to your liking, report it. Haranguing folks, here, only alienates them from all the ruckus. Memories are long, here.
    Last edited by scooderdude; 07-18-2010 at 07:21 AM.
    Wanted:

Potts, Potts, Potts

VRC Hound
    Klasse is my favorite new member. I have been referring to things as "Klassic" as a tribute.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    I like the middle part.
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by muddybuddy
    Exactly.

Haha!
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

VRC Illuminati

You're assuming it was an intentional misrepresentation.

We all get it wrong sometimes. I'm going to have to add you to my blocked bidder list in case I leave out a minor detail or accidentally get some info wrong. You'll be one of those guys who raises a big stink and fires up a smear campaign and drag my good (well....not that good) name through the mud.

And since its about 'passion' and not the 'money', I won't miss your business.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    First, I'm not defending anyone, just indicating that, you didn't say I was

Second. It's a buyer beware world out there, and if you don't approach every private sale that way, you have no one to blame but yourself for the results.

Simply letting the seller know of the error is cool. Coming on here and swinging a dead cat about it isn't, that's all
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

He be a moose too.
    Most people, if you point out an error nicely, respond nicely and actually fix their error to avoid problems. Once I notified a seller of an error in a listing and he pulled the listing. He decided he didn't want to relist the bike and offered it to me at a killer price. I bought and the bike will be displayed here on the list in a few weeks.
    Looking for:
    • Bontrager Comp crown, 1" threaded
    • Syncros Revolution, drive side 172.5

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast