Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    I'll bet there are an uncountable number of those sitting in parts bins world wide. Biopace was not well received.
    I had no idea they were oval when I picked the bike up last week until I looked down while riding it the other day. I read up on them a little and can't imagine why they weren't well liked other than maybe being harder/more expensive to replace rings when needed. I thought maybe I was sitting on one of those gems where the part is worth more than the whole bike!

Either way the bike will have new wheels tomorrow and eventually a new modern xt 10 speed drive and brakes so I'm not sure what I'll do with the original components quite yet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Wissahickon View Post
    Rings and crank, maybe $30-40 on eBay? Me personally, I like them!
    Likewise. I don't see any downside to them, but there is theoretically an upside to oval rings considering they're still made and bought today (wolftooth for example), and normally more expensive than normal rings. Too advanced for the era maybe? Who knows.

Stokeless Asshat

Quote Originally Posted by dubya3 View Post
    Likewise. I don't see any downside to them, but there is theoretically an upside to oval rings considering they're still made and bought today (wolftooth for example), and normally more expensive than normal rings. Too advanced for the era maybe? Who knows.

Zip ties? Not on my bike!

Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/biopace.html

mtbr member
    Oct 2016

Kids Brodie Bike

Can anyone tell me what this Brodie boys bike is worth? It's a 20" tire, picture below. It's advertised for $95 CAD. Is this a good deal? Thanks!!

Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)-brodie-bike.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Anyone know much about old Hed Jet CX/road/racing wheels? I'm picking up a pair tomorrow, for what I think is very cheap (not hot or trashed, I know the seller well) but I'd like a second or third opinion. They're pretty old wheels but I'm not sure an exact year.

Hardtail Steel Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian W View Post
    Can anyone tell me what this Brodie boys bike is worth? It's a 20" tire, picture below. It's advertised for $95 CAD. Is this a good deal? Thanks!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brodie Bike.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	1104359
    It's at the very high end of what I'd ever consider paying for a used bike like this. This bike is probably 12 years old, typical 6 or 7 speed drivetrain, unusable fork, and heavy as all get out. $50USD is probably more reasonable, but even at that, I don't think anyone is going to be lining up to get it...
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    How about a used specialized shark fin disc brake adapter? What's the going rate?

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Is this worth the $30? I know it's a lower end model and wasn't made long but heck, $30 for a vintage Scott can't be bad can it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Is this worth the $30? I know it's a lower end model and wasn't made long but heck, $30 for a vintage Scott can't be bad can it?

thanks for posting. ill be sure to go and buy it. but ya seems like a decent deal.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

rismtb
    Dec 2012
    its only got one grip I'd grind ha ha at that price the hot flag goes up hope not

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    What's a good price for a super clean 1989 Shimano DX MT60/61/62 groupset? Crank with Biopace rings, HG cassette, 3x7 SIS shifters, Deore canti brakes with 4 finger levers, front & rear derailuers and matching pedals.

Phobia of petting zoos.
    Oct 2005
    If you were to buy all those individually you'd be up around the $200-250 mark depending on whether listings went nuts on the day.

In a job lot depending on condition and whether the listing went nuts on the day, probably $150.

That stuff is clean and serviceable but I dunno if I'd go so far as to say "super clean". Maybe I just need more comprehensive and detailed photos.

Grumps

He be a moose too.
    I'd think on the lower end of Grumpy's estimate. Most of it, isn't really highly desired. The cassette is an HG90 which was the high end of their lineup at the time. It looks pretty clean and is probably the most valuable part there as it would go with an XT groupset.

Sergeant Spandex
    Sell it piecemeal on Ebay and you will get the $250 Grumps quoted

gobsmacked Moderator
    The cassette looks clean but the rest aren't "super clean" in my opinion. I would think you'd get $150-200 for all of that. Those rings don't go for much and the arms have a fair bit of wear to it. You could do a $250 obo on ebay and see if you get any nibbles. Some people will pay more for the convenience of not having to big on 5-6 separate transactions and pay shipping for each of them.

I don't think you'd get $250 for them separately unless it's a good day on ebay for you....

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Thanks for the quick replies guys. I listed the lot at $175 delivered but switched it to $115 delivered this morning. I really don't have much use for it so if I can get the crankset I want with the money I'd be plenty happy.

Looks like I'd probably be best off selling the components separately though. I have a full '93 LX group I'll probably part out later too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    And as far as being super nice, that's what if call it considering its almost 30 years old but I don't deal with selling vintage parts really so maybe my description was off

It's definitely a very clean and complete group.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by pinguwin View Post
    I'd think on the lower end of Grumpy's estimate. Most of it, isn't really highly desired. The cassette is an HG90 which was the high end of their lineup at the time. It looks pretty clean and is probably the most valuable part there as it would go with an XT groupset.
    How can you tell what model the cassette is? I couldn't find a model # on it anywhere other than "Hyperglide" and I know there are various levels of HG

gobsmacked Moderator
    And as far as being super nice, that's what if call it considering its almost 30 years old but I don't deal with selling vintage parts really so maybe my description was off

It's definitely a very clean and complete group.

And you have a bunch of people that do sell thousands of dollars of vintage bike parts a year tell you it's not very clean.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I listed the lot at $175 delivered but switched it to $115 delivered this morning. I really don't have much use for it so if I can get the crankset I want with the money I'd be plenty happy.

Looks like I'd probably be best off selling the components separately though. I have a full '93 LX group I'll probably part out later too.

cool. good luck.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    And you have a bunch of people that do sell thousands of dollars of vintage bike parts a year tell you it's not very clean.

cool. good luck.
    I wasn't arguing with anyone about its condition but thanks for your attitude.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post

cool. good luck.
    What's your problem anyway, did I say something that was wrong? I asked for opinions and received them, never disputed anything, but you act like a dick. What's the deal?

gobsmacked Moderator
    I wasn't arguing with anyone about its condition but thanks for your attitude.

sure, no problem!

Stokeless Asshat
    You've come into an established forum that is inhabited by some of the most knowledgeable minds in the VRC MTB game. Take what information these people CHOOSE to share with you as a gift.
    What's your problem anyway, did I say something that was wrong? I asked for opinions and received them, never disputed anything, but you act like a dick. What's the deal?

Want:

He be a moose too.
    Dubya, you're really out of line calling GOB a dick. She is one of the more respected members here and definitely not a "dick".

Look, the parts might be 30 years old or 130 years old, it doesn't matter. They are not super nice or clean or rare. With the exception of the cassette, the parts look like they have plenty of use. They're not bad parts but the consensus here is that they're used parts in decent and usable condition and GOB was pointing that out.

Maaaaan
    GoBlett is acting like a dick???
    What is the world coming too?
    BTW that's name calling which is a punishable offense around here.

Hmmmm... A lot of the people themselves are VRC around here too.
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

Stokeless Asshat
    Antique is more accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar View Post
    GoBlett is acting like a dick???
    What is the world coming too?
    BTW that's name calling which is a punishable offense around here.

Hmmmm... A lot of the people themselves are VRC around here too.

Want:

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Dubya, you're really out of line calling GOB a dick. She is one of the more respected members here and definitely not a "dick".

Look, the parts might be 30 years old or 130 years old, it doesn't matter. They are not super nice or clean or rare. With the exception of the cassette, the parts look like they have plenty of use. They're not bad parts but the consensus here is that they're used parts in decent and usable condition and GOB was pointing that out.
    You all are missing a point here. I never called my group rare or valuable or anything remotely close to that! I simply said I have a SUPER CLEAN (which it is, do you see much grime and crap on the cassette, crankset ect?) and for being on a near 30 year old stumpjumper, it is in very good condition. I don't think I ever called it NOS, Mint, Like New or anything close to that, nor did I argue any opinions on the group until you know who decided to give an unwarranted attitude.

Must be the "high post count" syndrome that some people tend to get on a forum and let's them feel enabled to speak down to "noobs".

I asked for a value and received it. I didn't ask for some "highly respected member" to argue about the condition after she saw photos taken from a cell phone in crappy lighting, resized and then uploaded. This isn't even a sale ad. GROW UP!

A simple value could have done just fine but it never fails that there's a forum bully lurking just waiting to prove the value of their high post counts

velocipede technician
    "We eat our young too......

Welcome to the party" -crc
    looking for 20-21" P team

rismtb
    Dec 2012
    non bike geek meaning of SUPER CLEAN = just that no dirt
    bike geek meaning of SUPER CLEAN = superior condition

No need to stress
    Communication breakdown....it's always the same

Phobia of petting zoos.
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    Sell it piecemeal on Ebay and you will get the $250 Grumps quoted
    Hmmm, not a bad guess then. Given I'm Australian and I started with the price you'd pay here, factor in an exchange rate, plus the greater supply of such parts in the US compared to here, a dash of eBay madness, plus a fudge factor to allow for a full moon and voila, that's my pricing estimate right there!

It's a convoluted system but goddamn it works.

Dubya, sorry mate, wasn't trying to start something about the definition of clean/super clean etc! Hell, I just pulled the heads off a motor, if the piston crowns were as clean as those parts I'd be happy. But they weren't. So I'm not. But I digress.

Grumps

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Grumpy, you didn't start anything, and I didn't meant to. Your response was well taken and was a respectful way of letting me know that maybe "super clean" wasn't the best description.

I didn't mean to offend anyone and I certainly don't want to. I'm not really a vintage collector but I do enjoy vintage bikes. 30 year old parts that aren't trashed are "clean" to me, "clean" to the vintage crowd obviously means something different. We're on a forum and it's difficult to interpret someone's demeanor in text only.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    How about this group, I picked up an old Fisher today and it had a 90/91 Suntour xc pro build. The front derailuer is a Shimano m651 (I think) direct mount, that I've never seen.

What's the Suntour group worth? It'd complete other than the front mech and has the correct hubs laced to Ritchey rims.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Forgot the Fisher FastTrax tires too

Sergeant Spandex
    Now this is super clean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)-7e4b45479bedfaf4487c6f5156aacfa0.jpg  

Stokeless Asshat
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Want:

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I built this up for my wife, she got pregnant, just started riding again last year, and I bought here a new bike. I believe this is a 2003 and XS. Probably has 50 miles of pavement and 15 off road since brand new (fork was not new when built though).
    My daughter rode it a little last summer but it will be too small for her next summer.
    What should I do with this? Is it worth anything?

Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)-p5pb14189810.jpg

Sergeant Spandex
    Quote Originally Posted by NWRyder View Post
    I built this up for my wife, she got pregnant, just started riding again last year, and I bought here a new bike. I believe this is a 2003 and XS. Probably has 50 miles of pavement and 15 off road since brand new (fork was not new when built though).
    My daughter rode it a little last summer but it will be too small for her next summer.
    A tad too new for this audience, believe it or not, but yes it is worth something. That King headset for one would be coveted by many. For maximum $$$ part it out.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NWRyder View Post

Name:	p5pb14189810.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	406.1 KB 
ID:	1107538
    I would sell it complete unless there's parts off of it you would like to keep.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Help pricing a Fat Chance Wicked frame

Hello all,
    I'm new here so hopefully I'm posting in correct area.

I have this Fat Chance Wicked frame from 89? I wanted to build it up and now realize I'm in over my head. I'm thinking about selling it and need to know an accurate/fair price. Any help would be great!
    Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_2726.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_2723.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_2729.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_2731.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_2724.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I'd say $500 if you sell the frame, fork bars and saddle individually, $400 as it sits and $300 if you want to give someone a good deal. Definitely more than you paid for it.

mtbr member
    I just PM'ed you.

Quote Originally Posted by bp101 View Post
    Hello all,

I have this Fat Chance Wicked frame from 89? I wanted to build it up and now realize I'm in over my head. I'm thinking about selling it and need to know an accurate/fair price. Any help would be great!

Name:	IMG_2726.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	1109138Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2723.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	1109139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2729.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	1109135Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2731.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	1109136Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2724.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	1109137
    The Truth will set you free.

....but it might offend you first!

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    There you go bp101, you might soon find out. Those switchblades are nice, 1-inch threaded, right? If those don't sell I'll make an offer. Cheers and hope the sale works out for ya.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I need a little help pricing this 1995 base stumpjumper (steel frame).

It's almost completely original, used but in decent condition.

Hardtail Steel Forever
    I typically see the mid 90's ones go for $150 - $300 depending on the bike. I have seen some sell for closer to $700 so I'm assuming there's some rarity to certain models or components on some of these but I don't keep up enough with specialized to know the difference.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jestep View Post
    I typically see the mid 90's ones go for $150 - $300 depending on the bike. I have seen some sell for closer to $700 so I'm assuming there's some rarity to certain models or components on some of these but I don't keep up enough with specialized to know the difference.
    I was thinking of buying it locally but it's a base model and the seller thinks it's worth its weight in gold. I've bought 3 Stumpjumpers of that vintage, two as nice or nicer, for under $200 each. He didn't seem to believe me which partially why I asked the pros here.

I ended up buying this 92 Stumpjumper SWorks instead

mtbr member
    Much nicer in my opinion

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Nice seatpost on that S-Works!

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmiguel View Post
    Much nicer in my opinion
    Agreed. I had offers declined on a mint 01 Stumpjumper Pro and on that 92 base stumpjumper but I'm glad now. I modernize most of my vintage Stumpys with v brakes a 1x drivetrains but have been waiting for just the right one to build as original, or at least high end period correct and this sworks fits the bill

Stokeless Asshat
    That Moose bar has to go though.

Want:

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    That Moose bar has to go though.
    I only bought frame, fork, headset and bb.

I kind of regret that I just sold that full xc pro group inc ritchey laced hubs last week now as that would have been perfect on this frame, same year too.

Is XTR M900 a tough group to collect? That's what I'll probably use for the build now but will go with period correct xt bits if it proves too expensive or difficult to find m900

Sergeant Spandex
    Quote Originally Posted by bp101 View Post
    Hello all,

I saw this when it was on CL, just a tad too far to drive on a work day...

Hardtail Steel Forever
    I only bought frame, fork, headset and bb.

I kind of regret that I just sold that full xc pro group inc ritchey laced hubs last week now as that would have been perfect on this frame, same year too.

Is XTR M900 a tough group to collect? That's what I'll probably use for the build now but will go with period correct xt bits if it proves too expensive or difficult to find m900

It's not incredibly hard to find but most of the components are incredibly expensive for NOS or ones very good condition. The 8sp ti cassettes, for one, can fetch a crazy price, like $300+. Most of the components if NOS are going to be much more than current XTR, but you can typically find lightly used at a reasonable price. There's a ton on ebay, if you filter the sold listings, you should be able to get a good idea of the market value for most components.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jestep View Post
    It's not incredibly hard to find but most of the components are incredibly expensive for NOS or ones very good condition. The 8sp ti cassettes, for one, can fetch a crazy price, like $300+. Most of the components if NOS are going to be much more than current XTR, but you can typically find lightly used at a reasonable price. There's a ton on ebay, if you filter the sold listings, you should be able to get a good idea of the market value for most components.
    Good info. I'm not necessarily after NOS but the cleaner the better. The frame looks to be in great condition but it's really hard to tell in pics, I'll try to match the use of the frame to the group.

I typically build my VRC bikes with modern 1x components but this is just the type of frame I've been waiting for to do a period correct build. I was hunting for a Yo Eddy or Wicked but the prices are insane...At the cost of a vintage Yo I'm almost better off buying a brand new 2.0 Yo Eddy frame

mtbr member
    Apr 2016

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Any value in an early 90's Heckler (Rock Shox dual crown, elastomer fork model) in excellent condition? Realize it could be worthless although still rides well, but don't keep up with what's hot.

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by fos'l View Post
    Any value in an early 90's Heckler (Rock Shox dual crown, elastomer fork model) in excellent condition? Realize it could be worthless although still rides well, but don't keep up with what's hot.
    You'd have a chance with the 'vintage dh' crowd if it was a really early Tazmon I think, but I don't see there being any kind of market for a Heckler.
    Limbo bike. Too new to be vintage or collectable, too old to be relevant.

Not worthless, but you might not see more than a couple hundred bucks for it.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    R, thanks that's what I figured, but never hurts to ask.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Anyone got a sense for how much an 1991 well used MB5 should fetch? I am guessing $100 +/-.

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by akadoublej View Post
    Anyone got a sense for how much an 1991 well used MB5 should fetch? I am guessing $100 +/-.
    I think your guess is pretty solid. Depends on how well you can clean it up and get it running. Good photos will help too.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Glad I found this forum and this thread... I have what I think is a 1990 Bianchi Team Grizzly with Marzocchi shocks. Debating whether I restore it or part with it. Looking for an idea of what it may be worth...

Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)-team-grizzly2.jpg

Sergeant Spandex
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowGuyOnABike View Post
    Glad I found this forum and this thread... I have what I think is a 1990 Bianchi Team Grizzly with Marzocchi shocks. Debating whether I restore it or part with it. Looking for an idea of what it may be worth...

I may not be the best person to respond as I never really cared for that particular Bianchi. That said it looks to be mostly original, what is left that is, but in kind of rough shape so I would guess $100 in its current state.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016

1993 #50 nov Foes Racing LTS18

I have acquired this bike but being a bmx guy I don't know much about it or it's worth. Rock shox julie DH 11/4, cooks brothers cranks dog bone, shimano XTR derailers brakes hubs not sure of rims metro duro tires fox 5 is on the bike but I also have the fox 4. I'm new here and have not figured out how to post pics.
    Everything is excellent. Bike was wrapped and stored, Till I found it .

mtbr member
    Sep 2016

Picture foes LTS

Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)-image.jpg
    Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)-image.jpg

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    I'll give you a dollar!

Not sure on Foes stuff, too new for this board really, (odd as that seems).

There'll be someone wandering through with a better idea, but if it's basically new, figure somewhere north of $500 to $1000 likely based more on parting out than whole bike.

Used, good condition, likely less.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Thanks for your input, I'm not sure what is meant by to New for this board, it's 24 years old, low number built that year, I believe first year built and awesome!DH along with most of its time correct parts including tires. I only had to replace the bars and stem also the rear cassette and seat and post and a couple odds and ends because well they had to be lol .
    Thanks for letting me post and your input, my apologies. 😊😉

Yep, seems old enough.

But this board really focuses more on 80's to early 90's, and generally not suspension bikes. Think Ritchey, Salsa, Fat Chance, etc.

Not saying take your ball and go, just saying, most folks here, that isn't their bag is all....

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    OK, I bought this IRD Ti fork (expedition I think) recently thinking it might work for a build I'm doing, I was, as is often the case wrong. I would keep it, but I honestly don't have any plans to build another VRC anytime soon. It's in good shape, doesn't have the IRD decals on the blades, the I" threaded steerer is a bit short (5.5"), but that can be extended. What are these generally going for? I'd like to recoup my money and put towards a custom built fork. Any insights would be helpful. Cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Claus View Post
    OK, I bought this IRD Ti fork (expedition I think) recently thinking it might work for a build I'm doing, I was, as is often the case wrong. I would keep it, but I honestly don't have any plans to build another VRC anytime soon. It's in good shape, doesn't have the IRD decals on the blades, the I" threaded steerer is a bit short (5.5"), but that can be extended. What are these generally going for? I'd like to recoup my money and put towards a custom built fork. Any insights would be helpful. Cheers
    You want to know how much more it is worth than what you paid? You're pretty sure you paid below market value?

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Jumps are especially helpful.
    I don't have anything like that, but I did use it in my last triathlon. I'll see if I can find that footage.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015

What brand seat QR

OK, there's no "what brand is this XX" thread, so this is as close as I could find. I know I've seen these before, I did a futile google search, so here I am. Swapped this off my sister's Lobster onto my lobster, she liked my purple Ringle anyway, but I find them poor performing. In either case anyone name that brand? Dig it

Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)-b1.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-b2.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-b3.jpg

Administrator Administrator
    OK, there's no "what brand is this XX" thread, so this is as close as I could find. I know I've seen these before, I did a futile google search, so here I am. Swapped this off my sister's Lobster onto my lobster, she liked my purple Ringle anyway, but I find them poor performing. In either case anyone name that brand? Dig it

Name:	B1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	1132486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	1132487Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b3.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	1132488
    american classic, I had a set on my mantis back in the day. They should have snap ring for retention.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Thanks RC, hmm so it's missing a piece? Seems to work fine without it and I'm not likely to find the snap ring, or are they not too rare? Thanks again and cheers

velocipede technician
    Thanks RC, hmm so it's missing a piece?
    there should be a little e-clip on the underside of the lever end. pretty sure it can be seen in the first pic
    looking for 20-21" P team

What Hollister said, pretty sure I see it too...

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Administrator Administrator
    Thanks RC, hmm so it's missing a piece? Seems to work fine without it and I'm not likely to find the snap ring, or are they not too rare? Thanks again and cheers
    yeah what they said above. My comment was just that american classic skewers had a c-clip for retention. I lost some of mine once and found them in a hardware store for replacement. Without the c-clip they fall apart immediately.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm nearly sure that this is a Kingsberry seat QR.
    Nearly identical to the American Classic, but
    - AmericanClassic: powder-coated
    - Kingsberry: anodized
    At least when comparing the black version.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    I have the option to purchase a Barracuda A2B in very nice original condition. It has the Tree Amigos sticker on it, so should it be from the '93 - '95 Colorado built timeframe (prior to acquisition). What is it worth?

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Does anyone have any info on this bike? and or price estimate (I can't find it anywhere on planet internet) its a Giant MCM Pro Series (1997 I think)Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_3291.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_3290.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_3288.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_3286.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_3285.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_3284.jpgName:  1mg.me.jpeg
Views: 206
Size:  27.4 KB

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

1991 Specialized M2

1991 Specialized M2. Size is 21.5".

My dad, who has since passed, built this up from a frame set that he purchased from Wheel Away Cycle Center in Campbell, CA.

XTR M900 for the most part (shifters, brakes, crank, f/r derailleurs, hubs). XT headset and probably an XT cassette. Mavic M231 rims.

The bike was not ridden much, but it does have storage/moving scuffs here and there.

Any idea WIW?

Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_6777.jpg

Hardtail Steel Forever
    May be as much as $400 - $500, but that might be high. Top end era specific components but older 26in bikes aren't getting much love these days. Would be a really nice bike for cruising around and mellow offroad.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I have a 1996 WTB Phoenix (18") that I bought new, rode a lot for a few years, and have had it hanging in my garage for the last 15 years or so, riding it only occasionally. I'm now starting to ride again and, as much as I love the bike, I think I need to pick up something newer. So I'm considering selling the bike. Here are the specs:

- Frame: 1996 WTB Phoenix, steel, Pearl White paint (overall good shape, but there are definitely some scratches and small spots where paint is rubbed off)
    - Fork: Rock Shox Judy, branded as a Specialized Future Shock, with carbon legs and Speed Springs installed, WTB brake brace
    - Headset: Chris King threadless
    - Wheels: WTB Greaseguard hubs, Mavic SUP 217 rims, XT 8-sp cassette
    - Derailleurs: XTR 8-sp rear, XT front
    - Cranks: Raceface Forged
    - Bottom bracket: XT
    - Brakes: XTR Cantilevers
    - Shifters/Brake levers: XTR rapidfire
    - Handlebar: WTB titanium, flat
    - Stem: Kore
    - Pedals: Speedplay Frogs
    - Seatpost: WTB
    - Seat: WTB Flow
    - Tires: Maxxis High Roller II (front), DHR (rear)

Overall, everything is fully functioning and in good condition. Shifts like a dream, brakes well, handles incredibly.

Any thoughts on what it would go for?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Hi,

Nice sounding bike you have, a few pictures always help people in here to guesstimate a value. Good luck, it's the biggest one they made I believe, but not sure about rider height range. Cheers and good luck

the new Gilbert Grape
    It has quite a bit of value. But it on eBay and you'll get a good bit of the money you'll need for a new bike.

Quote Originally Posted by beacon-heel View Post
    I have a 1996 WTB Phoenix (18") that I bought new, rode a lot for a few years, and have had it hanging in my garage for the last 15 years or so, riding it only occasionally. I'm now starting to ride again and, as much as I love the bike, I think I need to pick up something newer. So I'm considering selling the bike. Here are the specs:

- Frame: 1996 WTB Phoenix, steel, Pearl White paint (overall good shape, but there are definitely some scratches and small spots where paint is rubbed off)
    - Fork: Rock Shox Judy, branded as a Specialized Future Shock, with carbon legs and Speed Springs installed, WTB brake brace

Overall, everything is fully functioning and in good condition. Shifts like a dream, brakes well, handles incredibly.

mtbr member
    May 2017

1996 WTB Phoenix (w/ pics)

Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_2514.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_2526.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_2525.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_2524.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_2522.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_2521.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_2520.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_2516.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_2515.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_2528.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by beacon-heel View Post

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789