Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official VRC 'Trade Only' Thread (no for sale items allowed) Part 2

121K views 702 replies 184 participants last post by  girlonbike 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So I don't know about ya'll, but the previous version of this has gotten top heavy, and doesn't open well, or at least I haven't been able to for a few days.

So, figured I'd kick off another one since it's predecessor proved so popular....

Have- scads of this and that. M900 series bits and pieces, etc. Let me know what you're hungry for.

Need- (edit) got the cage, thanks!!

#76 ·
Me Too:

<a

You should have found me 6 months ago when I was bored with it. :rolleyes: Now I am too deep in the project to quit until I am done....:cool:

It would take a very nice bike to peel this away from me.. .....:D

#77 ·
had to repost my list wouldnt let me edit it and I have dug out my old stash.....
Have;
Scott Unishocks Elastomer grey shocks 1" threaded steerer (these are the recalled ones it should be noted)
Profile Bar None race aluminum handlebar 138grams circa 94
Ritchey Logic red clipless original version
Mavic 230 anodized rims unlaced 32h
Mavic 231 Hard anodized rims unlaced 32h
Nishiki road frames (mens and womens) lugged steel (late 60 early 70's)
27" wheelsets (2) steel rims with high flange qr hubs
tons of road stuff stems,shifters bars etc.
old Condor saddle
old generator light set 60's
Shimano Eagle rear derailleur
Shimano Thunderbird front derailleur
Shimano Exage front derailleur (1988)
Shimano Exage Mountain Thumbies (1988)
Shimano Mountain LX Biopace Crankset 175 28/38/48 (1988)
Exage Wide Cantilevers (1988)
Exage Brake levers (1988)
Exage Biopace crankset 175 28/38/48 (1987)
Michellin Wildgripper Lite S front and rear tires Folding green (heavy dry rot and fraying of skinwalls but intact bead I have them mounted and up to pressure)
Smoke and Dart Folding (fraying of skinwall but intact bead)
Smoke and Dart Steel bead (fraying of skinwall but intact bead)
Specialized Rockhopper Comp (1989) complete only thing not original is tires. The seat will need replaced though as its basically faded and ripped. Looks like a 16-17 frame
Scwinn clear creek mtn frame 20-21

wanted;
usable 1" suspension fork
prefer manitou original or 2,3,comp want a cnc one
or working mag 20 or Marzocchi from that period as well

Shimano XT m735 front derailleur top pull 34.9

#80 ·
Salsa Frame Trade?

I have two Salsa Ala Cartes, both in a 17" frame size, measured center to top. The toptubes are 22.16" and the headtubes are 1". I am guessing they are both 1996 vintage.

I would like to trade one of these frames (your choice) for the next size up or maybe even the next size after that so that my dirtdrop setup is more upright.

Salsa sizing can be found here: https://mombat.org/95Salsa9.JPG

Photobucket

Photobucket

#84 ·
Want:
Dia Compe 986 brakes (for one wheel)

Have:
Deore LX cantilevers (for one wheel)
Deore LX front trigger shifter/brake lever combo
other misc...

And... Bike trade anyone?

Want:
Large/medium frame Raleigh Technium Peak
Have:
Large frame DBR Vertex with a mix of parts, XT/XTR/Sram Neos/Mavic/RockShox Judy SL

#86 ·
Have: Specialized BX25 wheels laced to Exage hubs; black rims. The front wheel brake service looks like the previous owner hardly ever used it! Rear wheel the black anodizing on the braking service has gone through most of the black anodizing, but these wheels are in fantastic shape. No rust, spin true.

Have: OEM Specialized Ground Control "Black Max" 26 x 1.95 tires. These tires are in phenomenal shape, and you can tell they never saw a corner! Hairs are still standing crisp and tall on all but the knobs on the center of the tire. This is the Black Max version, the one that still has an actual sidewall, but it is colored black.

Wheels and tires came from a 1993 Rockhopper that looks like it has been sitting on the garage hooks I got it off of since the week it was purchased!

This bike is going to be a rider, so I thought I'd offer them up for trade in case someone that is looking for some "used minty" ;) parts for their restoration ride.

Want: Make offers, but basically want a replacement wheelset and tires- VRC or Modern; this Rockhopper is going to be seeing Western Michigan singletrack.

#91 ·
As a former West-Michigander (Muskegon) I'll do my best to explain. If you've watched this forum for a period of time you might have noticed that there is a difference between "vintage" and "old". Vintage connotes something that when new, was valuable/rare/interesting/unique in some way that by virtue of being old becomes even more desirable. Old is something which when even was new was run of the mill and/or low end and by "virtue" of being old becomes less desirable. Most of what gets interest on this forum are bikes and parts that have some historical value and/or were hand-built in very small numbers.

What you have on your hands is a wheelset/bike that falls firmly in the "old" category. The Rockhopper was on the low end of what Specialized offered and was built in super high numbers. If that wheel was immaculate your posting would generate at best a polite non-comment. But frankly, that wheel is far from immaculate. The cassette looks really rusty and the brake surface is worn through. On a forum where clean, hand-built bikes that retailed for 2G+ in 1993 get routinely trashed (see the Klein thread for my a recent, hilarious example) a rusty wheel off a bike that retailed for $500 is likely to see a bit of abuse.

Not to disparage your ride or anything, any bike out on the trails is a good thing. Its just not going to be something that most on this forum are going to want to pay the shipping to acquire. I'd say keep the wheels and ride them until they give up the ghost. Yankee Springs was always my WM fave for that. ;)

#92 ·
Well, personally, I have nothing against rockhoppers. I think they make perfectly solid riders and commuters. I just think that wheel is in bad shape and wheels are expensive to ship. Probably more expensive than the wheel is worth. If I had it, I would sell the tire and throw the rest of it in the trash or donate it the whole thing. The tire itself is in good shape but it's blackwall and also narrow.

#93 ·
Wanted

XTR Octalink BB English 112.5mm can be m950 or m952.
XT m750 crankset 5 bolt (preferred) or 4 bolt, this was the last square taper XT model. Cranks can be in bad shape I just need the spider.
I am trying to switch my kids buck shaver to 165mm cranks without spending too much more money. I have the arms but somehow missed the last of the bbs...

Have to trade (assuming I get the above)
170mm race face turbine lps 94/58 black.
Tange 110mm square taper bb.
Real Design square taper bb 107mm.
Modern Shimano 9 speed cassette, low end but 11-34.
sram x7 front derailleur.
and lots of other stuff.

#97 ·
Wanted

XTR Octalink BB English 112.5mm can be m950 or m952.
XT m750 crankset 5 bolt (preferred) or 4 bolt, this was the last square taper XT model. Cranks can be in bad shape I just need the spider.
Ironically I have a set of those cranks but with the XTR 4-arm spider/ring set mounted I keep meaning to sell/trade/get rid of.

I do have several of the aftermarket 4-arm 104/64 spiders that were made for those cranks still though.

#98 ·
Have : A very good condition 1995 Marzocchi XC600 air/oil fork, the one with the 4 position compression damping adjuster and the drilled lowers. It has a 1 1/8 threaded steerer, about 7.25" long.

Want : Make me an offer of something.

#99 ·
have:
-----'95 Ibis Szazbo frame medium
-----Ritchey Fillet Brazed stem. 150mm x ~7* In black chrome finish, couple small
scratches, but almost perfect.
-----Bontrager Composite fork (the one with the fat legs) 1" steerer x 177mm some
scrapes and scuffs, but overall very presentable.

want:
-----> late 80s to early 90s new england/east coast xc orientated frame i.e. Brave Racer,
Grove Assault, Fat Wicked Lite,... possibly Slingshot or early Ti frame 20"
or "large".

-----> FTW or Yeti stem 1-1/4 10-15* x 135-140mm

-----> old style IRD post 26.8 black

Szazbo frame is in good condition. Size "Medium" with a 23" top tube. Derr hanger was tweeked when I got it and I had it straightened by a professional mechanic using the proper Park tool. Looks straight and solid. Finish is ok but it does have some scraps and scuffs. Decals are rubbing off in places. The shock spring has a little rust showing through the finish. I'll also include the Judy DH (80mm travel), Control Tech post and Aheadset headset. Fork looks like it needs a rebuild and new elastomers and the finish is bubbling a little on the front so the finish is probably on its way out. Post looks solid with some rusting on the bolts and the upper 4-5" are faded more than the lower portion.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.