Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Official (Tom) Ritchey Picture Thread

378K views 2K replies 192 participants last post by  Ranger Mac 
#1 ·
Lots of Ritchey threads on this forum...but now's the time to show off your Ritchey!

Lets see pics of what you've got!

#16 ·
ssmike said:
No, he's putting this up here with the hope that someone will post their Ritchey and say they were thinking about selling....the Rumpfy pounce :cool: .

My 83/84 Team Comp. Originally piloted by the man himself.
Lol! Yep, this thread pretty much plays out like a list of bikes for me to make offers on. :D

I didn't know that was one of Tom's personal bikes. That ups the cool factor for sure! I like it.

I'll post a picture of the one Ritchey I have...not a finished product yet. :(
Still waiting for my P-23 to come along.

#20 ·
kb11 said:
cool helmet
I saw Tom Ritchey outside of Moab, probably 1999. There aren't a lot of areas near Moab where the falls are going to be soft and he wasn't wearing a helmet. The guy who with with Ritchey said that he rarely wore one. If so, he is a smart man in some ways, though maybe not so in all, imho.

I've only needed my helmet twice so far, both times involving wooden items of biological origin. When in Moab or the desert, other parts have taken the hits.

Pinguwin

#21 ·
TR showed up at this charity event without a helmet and maybe because of insurance requirements he needed one. The start/finish was at a well known biker bar so he just borrowed a helmet from one of the biker chicks. :crazy:

#23 ·
where do you draw the line?

pinguwin said:
I saw Tom Ritchey outside of Moab, probably 1999. There aren't a lot of areas near Moab where the falls are going to be soft and he wasn't wearing a helmet. The guy who with with Ritchey said that he rarely wore one. If so, he is a smart man in some ways, though maybe not so in all, imho.

I've only needed my helmet twice so far, both times involving wooden items of biological origin. When in Moab or the desert, other parts have taken the hits.

Pinguwin
is the guy who wears a standard Giro helmet and regular riding gear dumber than the guy who does the same ride with full body armor and a full face helmet? I dont think so.