Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Team Brooklyn
    Hmmm ...

I'd have a much easier time getting some trinitrotoluene than finding a set of those

OK, the hunt is on ...

Thanks for the direction

BTW: Nice bike -
    Wanted: more of the same ... but different

CS2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by senor_mikey View Post
    My '87 Comp has 70/73 angles and 430mm stays. I believe the 83-86 had slacker angles and longer chainstays. I was also happy to see the vertical dropouts too. I had an '89 that had similar geometry but with short horizontal dropouts.

mike
    When they dumped the biplane fork for the lugged one in 85 they changed the geometry. It looks like the 87 - 89 welded frames were different from the 85 - 86 if you look close. 90 - 93 were then again different also. It really is hard to keep up with all the changes.
    A garage full of steel frames means happiness.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    1993 Stumpjumper M2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Picture Thread-1993-stumpjumper-m2-fs.jpg  

mtbr member
    My contribution to the Specialized God's.

It has a very nice purple to blue fade with neon lettering. I'll get a better shot in the sunlight in a few days.

Last edited by Drummerboy1975; 10-03-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Team Brooklyn
    Quote Originally Posted by CCMDoc View Post
    Hmmm ...

I'd have a much easier time getting some trinitrotoluene than finding a set of those

OK, the hunt is on ...

Thanks for the direction

BTW: Nice bike -
    Guess I should try for some TNT next ...

mtbr member

My 1998 M2 15.5 inch frame Stumpjumper,absolutely love this bike,I ride it against the whole crew of the local heroes with there new fangled modern bikes and still kick there asses on the local single track trails, superb handling and the best climber I have ever climbed on !! Stiffest frame ever !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtack View Post

My 1998 M2 15.5 inch frame Stumpjumper,absolutely love this bike,I ride it against the whole crew of the local heroes with there new fangled modern bikes and still kick there asses on the local single track trails, superb handling and the best climber I have ever climbed on !! Stiffest frame ever !!

Pick up your socks man!

mtbr member
    Hey at least there clean!! Besides if your such a specialized fan what the hell,are you looking at sock for ?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    This is my 1986; 1X8. Picked up the frame for $30 and built it with some parts I had laying around + a couple of necessary purchases. There's nothing original on it, but the frame rides absolutely like a dream. Better yet, I'm beating some of my old PR's on it, both up and downhill (faster than my On One Inbred 29'er).

There is something about this bike that feels very right. It just clicks. The fit, the ergos... everything fits like a glove for me. Coming from a BMX background, the ride reminds me of how my old General Osborn Pro felt - like it was built for me.

I need to upgrade the seat to what I normally ride with (WTB) and I'm going 1X9. 1X8 is okay, but I don't like the jump from 26T to 34T in my gearing. Anyhow, I ride this nearly every day at my local trails while all my modern bikes just hang. It's interesting how this bike just gets around people on much more modern bikes.

I've kinda been searching for a modern, steel, budget friendly 26" XC style rigid frame set with horizontal dropouts and cantilever bosses - you really can't find these days. Then it dawned on me that these vintage frames were EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Official Specialized Picture Thread-290091540596394848_6266537.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Here's a more detailed pic.

Official Specialized Picture Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1349566455.903692.jpg

mtbr member
    New kicks for the Rockhopper. They don't match, but they work.

Still trying to figure out the year.

Team Brooklyn
    Still lots of work to do. Need a black Zoom bar, a proper seatpost, build a front wheel with the Hugi hub on hand, etc.

Deepest and most sincere appreciation to a certain MTBR member (who will remain nameless until he says otherwise) for providing the perforated gray Prolong saddle and real, genuine, from his own garage set of Ned Overend Zoom bar ends.

Here it is so far. Still a few pieces to acquire and afix but ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Picture Thread-ultimate-2a.jpg  

Official Specialized Picture Thread-ultimate-3a.jpg  

Official Specialized Picture Thread-ultimate-1a.jpg  

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    This is my 1986; 1X8. Picked up the frame for $30 and built it with some parts I had laying around + a couple of necessary purchases. There's nothing original on it, but the frame rides absolutely like a dream. Better yet, I'm beating some of my old PR's on it, both up and downhill (faster than my On One Inbred 29'er).

There is something about this bike that feels very right. It just clicks. The fit, the ergos... everything fits like a glove for me. Coming from a BMX background, the ride reminds me of how my old General Osborn Pro felt - like it was built for me.

I need to upgrade the seat to what I normally ride with (WTB) and I'm going 1X9. 1X8 is okay, but I don't like the jump from 26T to 34T in my gearing. Anyhow, I ride this nearly every day at my local trails while all my modern bikes just hang. It's interesting how this bike just gets around people on much more modern bikes.

I've kinda been searching for a modern, steel, budget friendly 26" XC style rigid frame set with horizontal dropouts and cantilever bosses - you really can't find these days. Then it dawned on me that these vintage frames were EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	290091540596394848_6266537.jpg 
Views:	794 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	728707
    simple, unpretentious and close to the heart. I was going to say "post it on the 29er forum" but .. i would be wrong.

artistic...
    Still lots of work to do. Need a black Zoom bar, a proper seatpost, build a front wheel with the Hugi hub on hand, etc.

Deepest and most sincere appreciation to a certain MTBR member (who will remain nameless until he says otherwise) for providing the perforated gray Prolong saddle and real, genuine, from his own garage set of Ned Overend Zoom bar ends.

Sweet Jesus,

PS:Ned rode an 18in..

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    simple, unpretentious and close to the heart. I was going to say "post it on the 29er forum" but .. i would be wrong.
    It's amazing the compliments I get on this bike, especially from those on carbon fiber and hydroformed aluminum with long travel suspension. At first it's, like, WTF? then, it's like, "Oh, I get it..."

Just ordered the 9 speed parts I needed to do the full conversion. Looking forward to having that extra gear I need for certain climbs.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

That is one sweeeeeeeeeet looking Specialized
    Nice work

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Here is my 1990 Stumpjumper Comp, just finished a 10 day strip, clean and refurbishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Picture Thread-1990-stumpjumper-comp-052-small-.jpg  

Official Specialized Picture Thread-1990-stumpjumper-comp-053-small-.jpg  

Official Specialized Picture Thread-1990-stumpjumper-comp-054-small-.jpg  

Official Specialized Picture Thread-1990-stumpjumper-comp-055-small-.jpg  

Official Specialized Picture Thread-1990-stumpjumper-comp-056-small-.jpg  

Official Specialized Picture Thread-1990-stumpjumper-comp-057-small-.jpg  

Official Specialized Picture Thread-1990-stumpjumper-comp-058-small-.jpg  

Official Specialized Picture Thread-1990-stumpjumper-comp-059-small-.jpg  

Official Specialized Picture Thread-1990-stumpjumper-comp-060-small-.jpg  

Official Specialized Picture Thread-1990-stumpjumper-comp-061-small-.jpg  

taste death, live life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy1975 View Post
    New kicks for the Rockhopper. They don't match, but they work.

Still trying to figure out the year.

It's is a 1992. I have the same color scheme bike. My buddy bought it new and later gave to me a several years ago.

mtbr member
    Thank you super stein!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    No, if you'd come right out and said it was for sale, it would have been pulled faster than it did (unless you bought a classified ad). We call it fishing....where you feign pride in your bike, but really its just for sale.
    Not that it matters now, auction is over. You did get a decent number for it though. Not too far off from original retail.

At any rate, just explaining to UJ why your posts were pulled. I know its just bikes and just a bike forum...but somethings are just kinda discouraged. Nothing personal against you I don't think.

Making a post with a bike and getting people stoked on it...then and low and behold...its for sale! Doesn't fly here.
    Might just be me, but I have a harder time appreciating a bike that gets posted at the same time its being sold. Its not a money thing.

I'd hardly call that disparaging. Everyone is giving props to the guy over a bike that isn't even his anymore. I just find that kinda weird and figured other posters should know.
    When he first posted it here, I was excited to see the bike and gave it the thumbs up.
    Still a cool bike, hope the next owner enjoys it.

what a drama queen

velocipede technician
    lol!

personally, I think its awesome that you dug this up just to get your butt hurt on
    looking for 20-21" P team

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hollister View Post
    lol!

personally, I think its awesome that you dug this up just to get your butt hurt on
    got any pics of a Specialized bike?

amused by your nearly 10,000 posts of pure nonsense.....

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse View Post
    what a drama queen
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse View Post
    got any pics of a Specialized bike?

amused by your nearly 10,000 posts of pure nonsense.....

Your posts are nonsense, you're losin' man.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Your posts are nonsense, you're losin' man.
    you can have it,dude. I'm too busy livin' life.

out riding my Rockhopper today while Rumpy & Hollister were playing with each other online

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Seriously. Knock it off or some timeouts will be meted out. What a bunch of babies.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast