• 02-15-2013
    Hurricane Jeff
    Looks like TnT cranks to me
  • 02-15-2013
    CCMDoc
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Nice one PY. I'll see your S-Works Ultimate with....an...Epic Ultimate.

    Full photo set here:
    1991 Specialized Stumpjumper Epic Ultimate - a set on Flickr


    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8386/8...064818d6_b.jpg

    Masterful Rumpfy.
    You and Ameybrook - I bow (facing you-no way I'd leave my rear flank unguarded) to your attention to detail and beautiful builds.
  • 02-15-2013
    shawnw
    Absolutely that things a time capsule. Did you at least have to wash and wax? I would say it's worthy of it's own Thread.
  • 02-15-2013
    yo-Nate-y
    Seriously, that must have taken years of painstaking sourcing of near NOS parts. Was it a full restoration, or did you get a time machine?
  • 02-17-2013
    Rumpfy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CCMDoc View Post
    You and Ameybrook - I bow (facing you-no way I'd leave my rear flank unguarded) to your attention to detail and beautiful builds.

    Thats gonna be tough to do with two of us. :p

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Absolutely that things a time capsule. Did you at least have to wash and wax? I would say it's worthy of it's own Thread.

    Not even a wash. I did crash it already though.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by yo-Nate-y View Post
    Seriously, that must have taken years of painstaking sourcing of near NOS parts. Was it a full restoration, or did you get a time machine?

    Better. Collective Craigslist snooze and the urging of friends.
  • 02-17-2013
    CCMDoc
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Thats gonna be tough to do with two of us. :p.

    I am skilled at blocking sneak attacks.

    I believe I've mentioned spending a fair amount of time cycling to and through Greenwich Village in the 80's and '90s.

    In Lycra ...

    My attire drew a lot of attention ...
  • 02-17-2013
    Rumpfy
    Lol!
  • 02-17-2013
    CCMDoc
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Nice one PY. I'll see your S-Works Ultimate with....an...Epic Ultimate.

    Full photo set here:
    1991 Specialized Stumpjumper Epic Ultimate - a set on Flickr


    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8386/8...064818d6_b.jpg

    I'll see you an Epic Ultimate with this #20 of 60
    http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/...pse107ec0d.jpg
    http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0fd06017.jpg
    http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/...ps362ec7f4.jpg
  • 02-17-2013
    Rumpfy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CCMDoc View Post
    I'll see you an Epic Ultimate with this #20 of 60

    Sh!t, I got nuthin'. I was surprised mine weighted in at 23.25lbs with an off the shelf XTR build, DD fork, and Specialized issued bar/stem/post.
  • 02-17-2013
    shawnw
    23.25lbs is that with the time capsule dust or without?
  • 02-17-2013
    girlonbike
    Official Specialized Picture Thread
    Can't wait for you two soul bros to meet. I wonder what soundtrack to use for when you both shake hands and look into each other's eyes?
  • 02-17-2013
    Fillet-brazed
    Savage Garden, I Knew I Loved You?
  • 02-17-2013
    girlonbike
    Official Specialized Picture Thread
    Good one, FB!!!
  • 02-18-2013
    Rumpfy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Fillet-brazed View Post
    Savage Garden, I Knew I Loved You?

    I'm unsure why you know that band and song.
  • 02-18-2013
    CCMDoc
    I prefer Beatles "Til There Was You"
  • 02-18-2013
    Fred Smedley
    Fizzbomb stumpy
    <img src="http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww261/tomslawns/SAM_1089_zps3eb895d4.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo SAM_1089_zps3eb895d4.jpg"/></a>

    <img src="http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww261/tomslawns/SAM_1091_zpsdd46dd91.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo SAM_1091_zpsdd46dd91.jpg"/></a>
  • 02-18-2013
    colker1
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Can't wait for you two soul bros to meet. I wonder what soundtrack to use for when you both shake hands and look into each other's eyes?

    eye of the tiger.
  • 02-18-2013
    CCMDoc
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    eye of the tiger.

    :thumbsup:
    :band:
  • 02-27-2013
    Big-Chuck
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Fred Smedley View Post

    Insert photo bike above. :)

    Does your rear brake work well? I struggled to get mine to work like that.

    Will post a pic when I can post links.
  • 02-27-2013
    Fred Smedley
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Big-Chuck View Post
    Does your rear brake work well? I struggled to get mine to work like that.

    Will post a pic when I can post links.

    It's functionally fine, it is a tad slow on return to fully off but does not hang or rub the rim. OK on the rear, probably would make a change if it was on the front.
  • 02-27-2013
    Big-Chuck
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Fred Smedley View Post
    It's functionally fine, it is a tad slow on return to fully off but does not hang or rub the rim. OK on the rear, probably would make a change if it was on the front.

    Thanks Fred, had similar issues. Bike looks great btw.

    I've got a 93 Stumpy arriving in the next hour by courier. Mostly non original, but will be nice to upgrade and hit the trails on.
  • 02-28-2013
    Drummerboy1975
    My '92 Rockhopper with a few upgrades.

    http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...227_154130.jpg
  • 02-28-2013
    Fred Smedley
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Big-Chuck View Post
    Thanks Fred, had similar issues. btw.

    Your question has moved me to resolve the issue. I took a stepped ferrule and filed the step down to fit the frame tubing guide. All is good now. I had just stripped the cable back to fit before in my anxiousness to finish the build, this works much better. . Most bike shops should have a stepped ferrule .
  • 02-28-2013
    Drummerboy1975
  • 03-01-2013
    Big-Chuck
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Drummerboy1975 View Post
    White seat post anyone?

    Insert image, 4 more posts :)

    Liked it better with the black post.

    Thanks Fred, I'll try a stepped ferule out.