Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse View Post
    riding my Rockhopper today while Rumpy & Hollister were playing with each other online
    We play with each other in person too. No, wait...that didn't come out right. :|

Nice trail pic Klasse!
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

mtbr member

Team

I like this old thread: like the Specialized range - it's a real mixed bag.

Here's another mash up. 1988 Team that I've had for years - and have been messing with for years.

TrinityRiverKerplunk
    Oh man! I am soooo envious of that '88 you have. Nice work in converting the paint, btw. The only thing I don't like is the SS set-up, but to each their own.

In one respect wish you had it stock still, so I could bring my '89 Team and get photos of both together...
    Good friction shifting is getting hard to find nowadays....

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

1995 Hardrock Sport, anyone?

Newcomer to mtbr. There are some great, well cherished classic bikes on here! I had no idea there was such a big group of people with the older Specialized and am happy to find this thread.

I have a 1995 (I think) Hardrock Sport that I am debating about fixing up. I'd love to find out more about it...does anyone have one or know anything about it? I looked it up and found that it is a steel frame. Is that true? The later ones are all alloy.

Is it worth fixing up? I had some pretty good times riding it back in the day. I can't post pictures yet, but it looks similar to a lot of bikes here, just dark blue. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gocard View Post
    Newcomer to mtbr. There are some great, well cherished classic bikes on here! I had no idea there was such a big group of people with the older Specialized and am happy to find this thread.

I have a 1995 (I think) Hardrock Sport that I am debating about fixing up. I'd love to find out more about it...does anyone have one or know anything about it? I looked it up and found that it is a steel frame. Is that true? The later ones are all alloy.

Is it worth fixing up? I had some pretty good times riding it back in the day. I can't post pictures yet, but it looks similar to a lot of bikes here, just dark blue. Thanks

Welcome! For the time being, take a peak through these catalogs and find your bike: Catalogues | Retrobike

Also a great thread on Retrobike (with considerably less drama than here): Show us your Specialized | Retrobike

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse View Post
    Welcome! For the time being, take a peak through these catalogs and find your bike:

Also a great thread on Retrobike (with considerably less drama than here):
    Nice, thanks! It's strange, the Hardrock Sport in dark blue (non GX) doesn't seem to exist in the 1995 catalogue, or any other year but the design seems to fit that year the best. Seeing this thread inspires me to give it a nice little facelift!

Spec-wise, I found the closest match in the 1995 Specialized section on Bikepedia (not enough posts to add a link) but it would be cool to see other info about it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Any one know´s where I can find the Stumpjumper decal for a stupy from 1996

mtbr member
    Not me, but this guy has been touring on a 1994 Specialized S-Works M4 complete with Future Shox FSR and full M900 XTR.

He appears to be well aware of what he's riding: BicycleHobo.com « The Art of Bicycle Touring and Mobile Web Publishing

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    I don't get it. Why wouldn't he be aware?
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

CS2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    I don't get it. Why wouldn't he be aware?
    Just humor him.
    A garage full of steel frames means happiness.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CS2 View Post
    Just humor him.
    Did I do something wrong?

I meant that it wasn't like he unwittingly bought it at a garage sale thinking it was just an old mountain bike or something like that, which certainly could happen.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by robinmiller View Post
    Did I do something wrong?

I meant that it wasn't like he unwittingly bought it at a garage sale thinking it was just an old mountain bike or something like that, which certainly could happen.
    No, of course you didn't do anything wrong but it is an old mountain bike. I wasn't seeing anything else?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CS2 View Post
    Just humor him.
    No, of course you didn't do anything wrong but it is an old mountain bike. I wasn't seeing anything else?
    Ah, OK. I had thought that S-Works bikes from this era were somewhat collectible.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Oh! I think it's a great bike an very collectible. I only thought you noticed something unusual about it.
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

mtbr member
    Oh! I think it's a great bike an very collectible. I only thought you noticed something unusual about it.
    Nope, not really beyond the unusual usage as a touring bike.

Team Brooklyn
    What drivetrain was Overend using on his Epic in 1991?

Still on XC Pro or had he switched over to XT II by then?

Thanks
    Wanted: more of the same ... but different

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

I am self aware

Hey...I am aware. First off thanks for posting a pic of my bike.

I am currently rebuilding it and am in the process of photographing all the titanium goodies that specialized put on this thing. The bottom bracket is a real thing of beauty. I don't know if I like having it sit on my coffee table more than having it installed.

I used to slobber over this bike when i was in my 20's looking at all the bicycle magazines. Sub 20lbs. hardtail from 1994. I will loop back with some better photos. I have the frame up there now with some nice close ups of those toothpastey looking welds. I am unable to post links at this time so I will need to follow up.

I'm using this as a touring bike. many people might think that to be ridiculous.

Team Brooklyn
    This arrived last night

The build will be XC Pro - which were always my favorite components probably because I thought they were lighter than XT.

Plus I had to be different than everyone else.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Picture Thread-1991-epic-carbon.jpg  

artistic...
    Is this the cr-mo version?

Team Brooklyn
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    Is this the cr-mo version?
    Yes, this one has cromoly lugs.

Team Brooklyn
    Quote Originally Posted by bicyclehobo View Post
    Hey...I am aware. First off thanks for posting a pic of my bike.

I am currently rebuilding it and am in the process of photographing all the titanium goodies that specialized put on this thing. The bottom bracket is a real thing of beauty. I don't know if I like having it sit on my coffee table more than having it installed.

I used to slobber over this bike when i was in my 20's looking at all the bicycle magazines. Sub 20lbs. hardtail from 1994. I will loop back with some better photos. I have the frame up there now with some nice close ups of those toothpastey looking welds. I am unable to post links at this time so I will need to follow up.

I'm using this as a touring bike. many people might think that to be ridiculous.
    Read your blog - cool stuff (even if I don't condone the trespassing part ).

I have that exact frame - love the color.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    the tires just keep looking skinnier
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Picture Thread-screen-capture.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

I need to replace my headset

I have the original "aheadset". Can anyone make a suggestion? Is there any 'fit' issues I should be aware of?

Suspension? We don't....
    Just bought this. I'm a newbie with Stumpjumpers and have had trouble determining the year. The bullmoose bars, biplane fork and over BB cable guides don't seem to go with the vertical dropouts. I've never seen this paint job either. Came with a 26.8 XC Pro post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Picture Thread-stump.jpg  

cyb
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CCMDoc View Post
    Still lots of work to do. Need a black Zoom bar, a proper seatpost, build a front wheel with the Hugi hub on hand, etc.

Deepest and most sincere appreciation to a certain MTBR member (who will remain nameless until he says otherwise) for providing the perforated gray Prolong saddle and real, genuine, from his own garage set of Ned Overend Zoom bar ends.

Here it is so far. Still a few pieces to acquire and afix but ...
    Gosh, really stunning bike
    ever wanted one of these

cyb

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast