Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    mtbr member
    MT3 Decals - here you go as promised, there were actually 3 variations (I still have 2 sets of each never used) - I have only done the set that gives the best contrast - the other 2 had lots of white and hence outlines were not clearly defined.

Print the attachment on A4 - this will give you full size.

To see where the main ones are fitted then see posting number 659

Also check out posting number 522 .....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by surteess; 10-29-2015 at 03:07 PM.

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by surteess View Post
    MT3 Decals - here you go as promised, there were actually 3 variations (I still have 2 sets of each never used) - I have only done the set that gives the best contrast - the other 2 had lots of white and hence outlines were not clearly defined.

Print the attachment on A4 - this will give you full size.

To see where the main ones are fitted then see posting number 659
    Nice! Those TT Hawk decals are clutch too.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

monkey
    Aug 2014
    Surteess that's fantastic, just what I wanted. The true temper ones are a bonus too. I'll post pics of my rebuild when it's done but be warned its no retro build...

mtbr member
    Glad they worked out for you both (plus others) - am suprised that SS did not have OEM ones to scan from?.

mtbr member

New Tires fitted.

Got some pretty cool 26 x 1.5" tires - can't wait to see how they perform on the road later tomorrow.

Notice the suspension on handlebar stem and double waterbottle holders .... same setup as my touring bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Slingshot Bikes Thread-slingshot.jpg  

Last edited by surteess; 11-14-2015 at 11:57 AM.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Yeah. Perfectly exemplifies the best use for a slingshot.

VRC Illuminati
    Got some pretty cool 26 x 1.5" tires - can't wait to see how they perform on the road later tomorrow.
    :|

Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Yeah. Perfectly exemplifies the best use for a slingshot.
    No comments from the peanut gallery!
    -eric-

-bustin punks
    New (old) period correct cranks for my late 90s Sling....(note the knobby tires - this thing gets ridden seriously and is my main MTB)

The curtains now match the drapes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by fatchanceti View Post
    New (old) period correct cranks for my late 90s Sling....(note the knobby tires - this thing gets ridden seriously and is my main MTB)

+1 on the brakes. I have several pair of those Cane Creeks, and one set graces a Slingshot.

monkey
    Aug 2014

Noodles goes to the races

Well she's back from a long stint hanging in the shed and a short stay in the frame hospital. No longer a single speed she now has gears on the back at least and is a much more enjoyable beast to ride. First and probably last race was against a steam train here in central Victoria, which I thought appropriate somehow-aesthetically beautiful but obsolete technology and all that. Train won...
    Whats next for Noodles? Well, having decided I like her again in this mocked up form, I'll break her down for the respray and decals (thanks to Surteess), go 11 speed then a bit of bike packing and long gravel grinds that normal folks buy a CX bike for. Looking forward to it!

Mashlings

Official Slingshot Bikes Thread-fullsizerender.jpgOfficial Slingshot Bikes Thread-img_0667.jpg
    Official Slingshot Bikes Thread-img_0668.jpg

gobsmacked Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashlings View Post
    Well she's back from a long stint hanging in the shed and a short stay in the frame hospital. No longer a single speed she now has gears on the back at least and is a much more enjoyable beast to ride. First and probably last race was against a steam train here in central Victoria, which I thought appropriate somehow-aesthetically beautiful but obsolete technology and all that. Train won...
    Whats next for Noodles? Well, having decided I like her again in this mocked up form, I'll break her down for the respray and decals (thanks to Surteess), go 11 speed then a bit of bike packing and long gravel grinds that normal folks buy a CX bike for. Looking forward to it!

Mashlings

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	210.6 KB 
ID:	1029029Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0667.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	1029030
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0668.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	1029032
    Noodles!!

mtbr member

sling shot decal

Quote Originally Posted by 993rs View Post
    Is/did this happen? Still interested...
    yes..it did happen. I have a couple of stickers for my frame

mtbr member
    my sling shot came with a Manitou Answer fork. Anyone know where i can source a rigid slingshot fork? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Erb Bikes Introductory Price!

wow..looks like they are having a fire sale..alll frames are 299

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystreet View Post
    my sling shot came with a Manitou Answer fork. Anyone know where i can source a rigid slingshot fork? Thanks!
    Pretty hard to come by actually. You'd have an easier time finding and using a 1" Yeti (AccuTrax) fork.
    -eric-

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Pretty hard to come by actually. You'd have an easier time finding and using a 1" Yeti (AccuTrax) fork.
    thanks Rumpfy. Quick Google search shows that fork to be rare as well..any other suggestions?

VRC Illuminati
    thanks Rumpfy. Quick Google search shows that fork to be rare as well..any other suggestions?
    Timing, patience, and daily searches. If you get desperate enough, buy an entire other bike and pirate the fork from it.

Other high end vintage options:

IRD, Bontrager, Syncros Powerlite.

Slightly less expensive, easier to find options:

Ritchey Logic, Koski Druatrac (great fork BTW), Tange Switchblade
    -eric-

Certified Bike Junkie
    If you want something that has a similar look to the Slingshot fork, a non suspension corrected Kona fork has the right look. Should be relatively cheap and easier to find than the others as well.
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Rumphy wrote:
    "Timing, patience, and daily searches. If you get desperate enough, buy an entire other bike and pirate the fork from it.

Other high end vintage options:

IRD, Bontrager, Syncros Powerlite.

Slightly less expensive, easier to find options:

Ritchey Logic, Koski Druatrac (great fork BTW), Tange Switchblade "

what about Vicious Cycles? Vicious Cycles - Forks Their 413 ATC 1" would work, right? I realize not vintage, but really nice and would let you go (or force you to go) threadless.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I havent been on the forum for a long time, so maybe you have figured this out...

Its been a decade, but I emailed them and they dug up a threadless 1" canti fork for me from some pile they had sitting around. If you check with them (I'm assuming its a 1") they might have something...who knows! Also, if your looking to stay with a threaded fork, hit me up. I have my original one, though its painted white (I got my frame/fork unpainted in the early 90's then shipped it off for a custom job).... and I'd be willing to part with it for a good home.

The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
    A bit of SlingShot love today:

Check out the slack in the cable in this pic...cool flex.

Steve
    Last edited by eastcoaststeve; 02-28-2017 at 08:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Cool pics, looks like New England's getting a brutal winter! My last winter there was 2015 and it was a doozy, but 2012 was the double whammy of Sandy and then 3.5' of snow, at least where I was in Old Lyme, CT. Enjoy the green grass while it lasts.

The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Claus View Post

Enjoy the green grass while it lasts.

Mr. Claus,

Do you have stinging nettles in CT?
    Wasn't thinking about them this early in the season, but managed to kneel in a patch while setting up my camera...good times.

Steve

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Just got it tuned up and out of storage

Started riding again after about a 10 year hiatus. Still rides awesome.

Cleaned it up, thought about painting it but it really isn't bad except for chips here and there. Mostly original. Still have some of an aluminum seat post fused down inside someplace (never was able to get it out)but for the most part it still rides great. Got more narrow 'street' tires, etc.

Now if only I could find some original "Slingshot" Decals. Mine is circa 93-94, all Shimano XT components, bought it in college, hah.

Would really like to strip it down and re-powdercoat / paint it but not sure if it's worth the effort if it still looks decent

Official Slingshot Bikes Thread-img_20170308_135517.jpgOfficial Slingshot Bikes Thread-img_20170308_135553.jpg

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by gwar11d2 View Post
    Started riding again after about a 10 year hiatus. Still rides awesome.

Cleaned it up, thought about painting it but it really isn't bad except for chips here and there. Mostly original. Still have some of an aluminum seat post fused down inside someplace (never was able to get it out)but for the most part it still rides great. Got more narrow 'street' tires, etc.

Now if only I could find some original "Slingshot" Decals. Mine is circa 93-94, all Shimano XT components, bought it in college, hah.

Would really like to strip it down and re-powdercoat / paint it but not sure if it's worth the effort if it still looks decent

Awesome! Great bike, I've got one in the same color. Whatever you do, don't repaint it if you don't have to. They're only original once. Besides, if you powder coat it, the heat will possibly compromise the epoxy bond of the flex board.

I say ditch the cheapo Trek stem for something nicer with a bit more rise, put knobbies on it, and go on a mountain bike ride!
    -eric-

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Cool-blue Rhythm

Awesome! Great bike, I've got one in the same color. Whatever you do, don't repaint it if you don't have to. They're only original once. Besides, if you powder coat it, the heat will possibly compromise the epoxy bond of the flex board.

I say ditch the cheapo Trek stem for something nicer with a bit more rise, put knobbies on it, and go on a mountain bike ride!
    I agree on the knobbies for sure BUT not a lot of mountains in FL I might go w/ some sort of hybrid/beach tire though.

It's been FOREVER since I was mountain biking, but what would you recommend for a stem on this thing? Probably easy for me to swap it out for sure. I would love a bit more of a rise...My wife's cruiser bike makes me jealous.

I kinda agree on the painting. I thought about sanding lightly the scratches and just spray on a little clear coat to keep them from rusting. Plus labor alone pulling everything apart I could be halfway to a decent new bike. IMHO nothing rides like the Slingshot though.

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by gwar11d2 View Post
    I agree on the knobbies for sure BUT not a lot of mountains in FL I might go w/ some sort of hybrid/beach tire though.

It's been FOREVER since I was mountain biking, but what would you recommend for a stem on this thing? Probably easy for me to swap it out for sure. I would love a bit more of a rise...My wife's cruiser bike makes me jealous.

I kinda agree on the painting. I thought about sanding lightly the scratches and just spray on a little clear coat to keep them from rusting. Plus labor alone pulling everything apart I could be halfway to a decent new bike. IMHO nothing rides like the Slingshot though.
    Aah, ya. Location doesn't lend itself well to certain types of mountain biking. There have to be trails out there right? Just flat ones?

If you paint, it'll have to be wet paint to preserve the flex board and the epoxy bond. That'll get expensive, not counting break down and rebuild if you're not doing that yourself. Up higher in this thread is a PDF scan of the SlingsHOT and True Temper decals. If you were motivated enough, you could have replicas made. Again...costly for a single set done properly.

Stems most correct for a Slingshot that would give you a more comfortable rise and reach would ideally be a Salsa. You might find a Syncros or Answer ATAC that could work as well. Those would be period correct stems of great quality that fall in line with the rest of your bike.
    If budget and rise/reach are paramount....sky's the limit so long as it's a 1" quill stem.
    -eric-

VRC Illuminati
    Posted before, but my lavender Slingshot out on various rides.

And on display.

-eric-

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Aah, ya. Location doesn't lend itself well to certain types of mountain biking. There have to be trails out there right? Just flat ones?

If you paint, it'll have to be wet paint to preserve the flex board and the epoxy bond. That'll get expensive, not counting break down and rebuild if you're not doing that yourself. Up higher in this thread is a PDF scan of the SlingsHOT and True Temper decals. If you were motivated enough, you could have replicas made. Again...costly for a single set done properly.

Stems most correct for a Slingshot that would give you a more comfortable rise and reach would ideally be a Salsa. You might find a Syncros or Answer ATAC that could work as well. Those would be period correct stems of great quality that fall in line with the rest of your bike.
    If budget and rise/reach are paramount....sky's the limit so long as it's a 1" quill stem.
    Thanks again. Yep we have a ton of biking trails although most are paved but still a lot of fun down by the water, etc. I was up near the panhandle last month and there are a bunch of trails on Eglin Airforce base that are open to the public. I go up there often and got the mountain bike itch a bit more.

I'll peruse EBAY for an old ATAC or something similar. Upon first glance I could get something period correct around $40-50 bucks. I remember something about the stem not being big like new mountain bikes... I believe it's a 1". I've forgotten so much over the years

Glad to see there are still some slingshots in use here!

mtbr member
    check out #705 to see what I have fitted to my slingshot

mtbr member
    see post #701 for decals

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    check out #705 to see what I have fitted to my slingshot
    Very cool what stem is that?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Great info. Thanks! Probably make my Slingshot a little more soft on the wrists.

mtbr member
    Yes, I have 2 of these - the other is on the touring bike, very easy on the wrists after many weeks of cycling....

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Had some decals printed up

Well, had some vinyl decals made up from a decal shop using the pdf in this thread. They did the true temper ones too, but printed black instead of white and a bit too big...so we'll just go with 'original looking' for now.

Can't believe i pulled these off in college and slapped weird moosejaw and other outdoorsy early 90's stickers in their place...but we're back to looking like a slingshot now

Official Slingshot Bikes Thread-img_20170325_182728.jpgOfficial Slingshot Bikes Thread-img_20170325_182801.jpg

mtbr member
    looks really nice - glad the OEM scans came in handy

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Yah they turned out nicer than i thought...and w/ new vinyl stickers they should last a while although I did have a couple extra made just in case. Now to apply some wax to the frame and shine it up a bit. To other's suggestions on here too I don't feel a need to have this repainted at this point. I think a good coat of wax over the chips should keep rust at bay. So glad to be riding again.

mtbr member
    if you do go for a repaint, then paint frame and stickers and then do a couple of coats of clear over everything - mine was done that way 10 years ago and still looks great in the BMW565 yellow.

VRC Illuminati
    No to a repaint, yes to knobbies!
    -eric-

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    No to a repaint, yes to knobbies!
    Hah! I know! I am in the process of putting some wider 2.1 inch tires with a little tread... Still my main bike I take downtown so knobbies are out for now unless I start cutting through the neighbor's yards to get there faster!

mtbr member
    Official Slingshot Bikes Thread-sling-stolen.jpg
    Has anyone seen my Sling Shot?

mtbr member
    Back again after almost 3 years away from this thread. After re-reading the thread as well as the archived MOMBAT site info about Slingshot, it's not clear to me what is meant by suspension fork-specific geometry. According to the MOMBAT timeline, suspension fork geometry was used on race team frames in 1991. I now have 2 1991 Slingshots, the one last seen in post #619 and one I just bought a week ago. Both came to me with RockShox. How do I tell whether either is a race team frame? If race team, I guess I should leave the RockShox on. If not, I'll find a suitable straight blade rigid fork for it. In 92, production Slingshots could have suspension fork-specific geometry on request. Does anyone know what that geometry is and how it differs from a standard production frame meant to have a rigid fork? Thanks for any help you can provide. Pics of the new one coming soon.

mtbr member
    Sorry, I just re-read Rumpfy's response to me in 2014 about really needing to trace ownership back to the first owner to determine if it was race issue. That aside, it still helps to know what the geometry differences are between suspension fork-specific geometry and rigid fork geometry.
    Last edited by SpeedofLite; 06-16-2017 at 02:39 PM.

mtbr member

Custom 1991 Slingshot -- Flames, Zipper, and an Eyeball

While visiting bike shops in the Grand Rapids, MI area looking for a Slingshot fork, I bought this refurbished or lightly used 1991 Slingshot that received a custom paint job at some time in its life. The guy I bought it from didn't know much about it and he just used it to tool around town. Funny thing is, I know I've seen this bike on the web in the past, possibly when looking for someone to paint a ti bike for me a few years ago. The artist's name is possibly on the head tube above the badge. It appears to be "Mitcher T." Anyone know anything about the bike or the artist?

The build is mainly XTR, XT, and LX. Hubs are Nuke Proof and I'm told the carbon handlebar is NP too. See photos below. More in my album too.

Comments appreciated. Still looking for a fork, though I'm still waiting/searching for an answer to the question about "suspension-ready frame geometry" I posed a week ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Slingshot Bikes Thread-img_1915-reduced.jpg  

Official Slingshot Bikes Thread-img_1913-reduced.jpg  

Official Slingshot Bikes Thread-img_1910-reduced.jpg  

Official Slingshot Bikes Thread-img_1909-reduced.jpg  

Official Slingshot Bikes Thread-img_1908-reduced.jpg  

Official Slingshot Bikes Thread-img_1905-reduced.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    How do I know if my Slingshot uses a board or a "dogbone"? just bought a cross frame on Ebay and I'm having it painted. Considering buying a replacement board/dogbone in case something should go wrong. thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by twoyacks View Post
    How do I know if my Slingshot uses a board or a "dogbone"? just bought a cross frame on Ebay and I'm having it painted. Considering buying a replacement board/dogbone in case something should go wrong. thanks
    Dogbone might just be a slang term for the 3M flex board that was used at least through the mid 90s. There is a lot of good information in this thread about others wanting to do the same thing as you. Also, check this other VRC thread:

Dogbone replacement for slingshot

You'll sense a lot of frustration concerning this topic. There might be some hope though. PJ Mc Donald at Slingshot sent me an email less than a week ago stating they still have the parts in their shop, but the expertise to do this is not available until later in the fall. And there is no guarantee even then. I have a 91 Slingshot mtb waiting for the same treatment. Good luck, let us know if you make any progress.

-bustin punks
    If it's a cross frame (or a road frame) then it almost certainly does not have the new self-aligning, user serviceable "dog bone". Only the FarmBoy, Ripper and newer stuff like that will be dogbones.

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLite View Post
    While visiting bike shops in the Grand Rapids, MI area looking for a Slingshot fork, I bought this refurbished or lightly used 1991 Slingshot that received a custom paint job at some time in its life. The guy I bought it from didn't know much about it and he just used it to tool around town. Funny thing is, I know I've seen this bike on the web in the past, possibly when looking for someone to paint a ti bike for me a few years ago. The artist's name is possibly on the head tube above the badge. It appears to be "Mitcher T." Anyone know anything about the bike or the artist?

The build is mainly XTR, XT, and LX. Hubs are Nuke Proof and I'm told the carbon handlebar is NP too. See photos below. More in my album too.

Comments appreciated. Still looking for a fork, though I'm still waiting/searching for an answer to the question about "suspension-ready frame geometry" I posed a week ago.

Cool bike! Should be a 90.5 or 91 with the coil at the BB. Keep an eye out for cracks at the headtube anchor point. Prone to failing as this was their first 'Boom Tube' execution.

Bars are definitely Nuke Proof.

I don't have an answer for you regarding suspension corrected geometry. I suppose a non-suspension corrected frame would possibly look a bit more raked out if it was running suspension...of which the one you posted does not. But I'm just using Colkervision here.
    -eric-

-bustin punks
    Finding a Slingshot fork will likely be tough. The Kona Project II forks are pretty similar visually - it's what my mid 90's Slingshot came to me with.

mtbr member
    Cool bike! Should be a 90.5 or 91 with the coil at the BB. Keep an eye out for cracks at the headtube anchor point. Prone to failing as this was their first 'Boom Tube' execution.

Bars are definitely Nuke Proof.

I don't have an answer for you regarding suspension corrected geometry. I suppose a non-suspension corrected frame would possibly look a bit more raked out if it was running suspension...of which the one you posted does not. But I'm just using Colkervision here.
    Thanks for the comments and advice, Rumpfy. Ha! Colkervision. I had to search for about 15 minutes to figure out what that was. An MTBR member who has a better than average ability to judge distances/angles from photographs? Couldn't find the initial post coining "Colkervision", but found many posts by Colker.

Yeah, I've noted that neither of my 90/91 Slinshots have a gusset at the head tube/cable attachment junction. I guess that came later in 91?

Still working on the rigid fork vs suspension fork question. A few people I know seem to "know a guy who will know". So, for the time being, I'm a rat terrier and this fork question is the butt I have my teeth locked onto.

mtbr member
    Finding a Slingshot fork will likely be tough. The Kona Project II forks are pretty similar visually - it's what my mid 90's Slingshot came to me with.
    Thanks fct. Nice paint job! Is your headset/fork/stem 1" threadless?

-bustin punks
    Thanks fct. Nice paint job! Is your headset/fork/stem 1" threadless?
    Yup, was still 1" in 1995 or 1996 when mine was likely made (paint was so thick it was impossible to read the S/N). I do have a 1" threadless carbon fork (straight legs with chromo fork and steerer) sitting in my attic. It's pretty long (long enough to easily run 27.5x 2.2 tires) but would work in a pinch.

Phobia of petting zoos.
    Oct 2005
    Slingshots are a really cool take on a high pivot URT, eh?

Grumps

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    If it's a cross frame (or a road frame) then it almost certainly does not have the new self-aligning, user serviceable "dog bone". Only the FarmBoy, Ripper and newer stuff like that will be dogbones.
    Thanks I ordered a new board...don't need it now but may in the future...anybody know what size seatpost a Slingshot cross frame uses?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks I ordered a new board...don't need it now but may in the future...anybody know what size seatpost a Slingshot cross frame uses?
    Official Slingshot Bikes Thread-s-l1600.jpg

mtbr member
    I'm essentially a newb here, but I'll try to help. Clean up the upper inner surface of your seat tube. Next, ensure the small split in the tube is the same width at top and bottom (i.e. seat tube not compressed at top from use of a too small diameter seat post previously). Then measure the inside diameter of the seat tube at several different points. Both of my early 91 Slingshots (both mtb) have 31.8mm (O.D.) seat tubes. A 27.2 mm seat post is the best fit, but one came with a 26.6mm seat post and the seat tube was narrower at the top because of it (and the split was essentially closed when the binder bolt was tight enough to hold(?) the seat post in place -- not good). The Tri frame I just acquired has a 31.8 mm diameter seat tube. I'll bet your bike is one or the other (27.2 or 31.8), but measuring and getting to know your bike is always a good thing. Search this thread for other emails discussing seat tube/seat post diameters -- I know it's been mentioned a few times with other members' bikes. Good luck with your build. This thread has been a great source of inspiration and information for me. You're in the right place.
    Last edited by SpeedofLite; 06-30-2017 at 05:23 AM. Reason: accuracy

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grumpy View Post
    Slingshots are a really cool take on a high pivot URT, eh?

Grumps
    You get outta here!
    -eric-

mtbr member
    Yup, was still 1" in 1995 or 1996 when mine was likely made (paint was so thick it was impossible to read the S/N). I do have a 1" threadless carbon fork (straight legs with chromo fork and steerer) sitting in my attic. It's pretty long (long enough to easily run 27.5x 2.2 tires) but would work in a pinch.
    Thanks fct. Much appreciated. I'm still going to try and go the 1" threaded steel route.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

slingshot board

Official Slingshot Bikes Thread-s-l1600-1-.jpg

Hi I just bought a used slingshot on ebay and had it painted...how do i know if the board needs replacing? seems fine to me. I haven't ridden it yet though. I've attached some pcs
    thanks
    Chris

mtbr member

Hi I just bought a used slingshot on ebay and had it painted...how do i know if the board needs replacing? seems fine to me. I haven't ridden it yet though. I've attached some pcs
    thanks
    Chris
    This topic has been covered in this thread, if not resolved definitively. If I recall correctly, the prevailing advice from this thread has been to do nothing unless the board is loose/broken and/or the boom tube is misaligned with the rear triangle. Some have made it sound like this is an onerous task and that a special jig is required to do it right, yet I seem to recall another post in which the guy said he used to do these all the time for Slingshot and that it was no big deal. When I inquired about a month ago about this, Slingshot Bicycle Co told me they have the materials to replace the flex board, but the expertise (one guy apparently) is unavailable at least until fall. The previous posts in this thread will help you, or at least give you a well-informed level of confusion.

By the way, what size seat post did you end up using? It looks like there is a separate sleeve in your seat tube. If you haven't removed it yet to inspect the inside of your seat tube for rust/corrosion, I would.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    This topic has been covered in this thread, if not resolved definitively. If I recall correctly, the prevailing advice from this thread has been to do nothing unless the board is loose/broken and/or the boom tube is misaligned with the rear triangle. Some have made it sound like this is an onerous task and that a special jig is required to do it right, yet I seem to recall another post in which the guy said he used to do these all the time for Slingshot and that it was no big deal. When I inquired about a month ago about this, Slingshot Bicycle Co told me they have the materials to replace the flex board, but the expertise (one guy apparently) is unavailable at least until fall. The previous posts in this thread will help you, or at least give you a well-informed level of confusion.

By the way, what size seat post did you end up using? It looks like there is a separate sleeve in your seat tube. If you haven't removed it yet to inspect the inside of your seat tube for rust/corrosion, I would.
    I haven't checked that seatpost sizing yet but I will. The shop has it now...I'll find out soon enough

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Painted & built...ready to get dirty

I haven't checked that seatpost sizing yet but I will. The shop has it now...I'll find out soon enough
    Official Slingshot Bikes Thread-e571291b-6e40-4d58-abb5-2aaed8fab0fb.jpg

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678