Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by surlytman
    Just started watching this forumn. I dig it! I am so tired of the techno weenies. I have been riding a Slingshot Boom tube bike since the fall of 92. No pics right now, I am building a new house and it is packed away with the rest of my herd in sotorage.

Mine is the 93 Team Yellow version in a 17" long. I also have a mod that I have never seen. A Pro-Action downtube. I sold Slingshots back then and got to try this new deal. It really made the bike a blast on steep technical downhills.

I will try to get pics shot soon.
    Super curious to see it!

What else do you have in your 'herd'?
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    Super curious to see it!

What else do you have in your 'herd'?
    Lets see, a restored Pinarello road bike with newer Campy. a Surly 1x1. a Surly Karate Monkey, a Bianchi Project 7 29er, a Burly Rock and Roll Softride Tandem, Schwinn Joey Garcia 20 incherSeveral British 3 speeds, an old Schwinn Moab steel hardtail set up with moustache bars, my wifes Alpinstar, I know I am forgetting some stuff here?

I have saved most of the vintage chi chi parts I have ever bought. IRD brakes in 3DV Old Syncros, American stem and other goodies...............this forum kinda rocks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    if you want to know the real truth about slingshot bikes email ma@mudbats.com

Old Bikes Suck!
    Quote Originally Posted by number2
    if you want to know the real truth about slingshot bikes email ma@mudbats.com
    im intrigued. e-mail sent.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [SIZE=2]
    VDUBBUSRIDER
    San Diego, CA
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
    Keyesville Vintage Mountain bike race!
    http://www.ssfta.com/vintage-race.html
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    [SIZE=3]Anybody selling a Cook Bros. mtn stem? How about a blue Chris King Theaded headset? [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Did anyone else notice that the all steel Slingshot seems to be a thing of the past? They are not offering one for '06.

mtbr member
    How come this thread is all scrambled up suddenly? There are three recent posts in the middle of the second page.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclodan
    How come this thread is all scrambled up suddenly? There are three recent posts in the middle of the second page.
    Looks fine in my usual "threaded" view.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hello all. I used to ride a mid 90's slingshot but had to sell it due to being a broke college student a few years ago. I had also gotten out of riding but am now looking to start again. If anyone hears of a reasonably priced Slingshot frame/fork and drops me a line I would be eternally geatful. I also have a Slingshot BMX frame sitting awaiting a repaint/build-up at home that a friend gave to me when I used to work at Rock N' Road Cycles in Muskegon, MI. I'll post pictures the next time I'm home.

bikespotter

Hi Guys............Slingshot newbie

Just got this slingshot as a frame recently , always liked the look of em so I thought 'Why not'
    The photo was taken last week hence no cables, but I have ridden it snice then and I
    have to say...............its quite an experience and its gonna take some getting used to.

anyway here it is ,its a 1993 and its got a Suntour xc-comp/pro groupset

Wanted -girvin cranks, tubular steel - not the standard alloy ones

mtbr member
    OK, so how do these things ride? Are they laturality stiff? Rumpfy, whats the scoop?

mtbr member

Gotta add my slingshot

Great thread. Sorry for the grainy pic.

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by retrobikeguy
    Just got this slingshot as a frame recently , always liked the look of em so I thought 'Why not'
    The photo was taken last week hence no cables, but I have ridden it snice then and I
    have to say...............its quite an experience and its gonna take some getting used to.

anyway here it is ,its a 1993 and its got a Suntour xc-comp/pro groupset

So far so good?

They really are a fun bike. You get lots of attention on them, thats for sure!
    -eric-

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by kb11
    OK, so how do these things ride? Are they laturality stiff? Rumpfy, whats the scoop?

I've had every bit of 6 or 7 different Slingshots over the years. They're a fun bike, and from what I've seen of your riding style, you'd probably like it actually. They're a good bike for a smoother rider, someone who keep the tires on the ground.

I'm down to just having the 92 team frame set up as an SS and the 88/89 which is awaiting a repaint.

You're more than welcome to ride my single speeded Slingshot if you want (next time we're in the same place).
    -eric-

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    I've had every bit of 6 or 7 different Slingshots over the years. They're a fun bike, and from what I've seen of your riding style, you'd probably like it actually. They're a good bike for a smoother rider, someone who keep the tires on the ground.

I'm down to just having the 92 team frame set up as an SS and the 88/89 which is awaiting a repaint.

You're more than welcome to ride my single speeded Slingshot if you want (next time we're in the same place).

No dead sailors here

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well, I just bought one off of EBay. I may have paid a little too much but didn't feel like waiting till the last minute. Got outbid in the last 7 seconds a few days ago on another. I do have a couple of questions though. First, is it possible to take the frame apart for shipping or are the boards bonded in and then bolted? Also, is a 96 suspension corrected. Looking at this tread there are some newer (mid 90's) with rigid forks that don't look to be suspension corrected. I am kind of hoping it isn't, I have been hanging on to a NOS Koski fork for probably 10 years and was hoping to use that. My last questions is what is the Pro-Action downtube that someone mentioned a few posts ago?? Thanks and I will post some pics when it is built.