Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BJF View Post
    Paint is original as far as I know. I got it from a fried who got it from the original owner who was an old guy. Also has a gary fisher from the same time frame that was his wife's.

Serial is 247
    Number 247 would make this a late 1986/early 1987 bike. Very nice one. If you want to sell let me know.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just picked this beauty up. Needs some changes but rides like a dream.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Ibis Picture Thread-20150103_114217.jpg  

artistic...
    Cables all running on the top tube. That's uncommon.. I would move the salsa skewer in the back all the way around, find a 63mm fork asap and a 135mm ibis ti stem.
    That's one of the top 26in hardtails of all time.
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    The mysterious Ibis Bow-ti: Does it work, is it cool, do I need one parked next to my other Ibis, a Silk-ti? It's one of the very few locally made dual suspension bikes, it's weird and indestructible. I must have one.

Last year I found a great deal on this Bow-ti. XTR, White crank, Crossmax, blue SID, vintage 1998:

Official Ibis Picture Thread-20150103_104936.jpg

Ibis only made 3 sizes and at 6'0" I'm at the tall end of fitting this medium frame. The photo above is after some parts switching, as I wanted some improved fork action and to raise the front end a little to fit better. Between the big tire and new fork, it's about 1" higher in front, and the riser bars get things higher too. A not too long stem, then I kicked the seat back to stretch out.

I think none of this was a good idea. So far I don't like this Ibis at all. The head angle is fairly slack anyway. Sitting back makes it sag, plus the now tall front end means shallower head angle and lots of fork trail. When climbing it's floppy to one side or another with little leaning input. Descending is fine. I do feel the rear end twist a little as others have mentioned. It's not bad, just a surprise. It really is smooth though. Rapid Rise has_to_go. I rebuilt the rear shock, but it's not firm enough. I surmise (stating without evidence) that due to the virtual pivot point, the rear suspension has some travel before the shock compresses much at all, so it sags a fair amount. It's as if this bike wants to settle in to 68 parallel.

It might be better if I go back to 26x1.95, 63mm SID, longer stem and flat bars. That seems low and narrow and crashy though. (I'm not 23 anymore.)

Plus the cost of a pro rebuild on front and rear shocks, and I'm having a sad. After only a few rides I might be ready to part it out and sell. All bicycle hoarders know that this is a difficult decision.

Can someone talk me out of giving up on the Bow-ti? (Or should I just send it to you to end my pain?)

Maybe it doesn't match my riding style. But surrounded by lots of new dualies, I thought I should own a longer travel bike. Maybe there are improved performance choices now. I just hate factory/China/carbon. No personality. That's why I lurk in VRC.

I also own Slingshots and Softride Beam bikes, and this Bow-ti behaves in some ways like both of those designs. Super comfy sitting, a little springy standing. Weird.

shawnw
    ^^ I like your style! Were we on the same trail?

mtbr member
    I doubt it. A ton of Ibis's were purple and blue with drop bars. Mine has a set of flat bars that came with it as well.

mtbr member
    Love seeing all the new activity in this thread. I posted one picture of my Hakkalugi in the vintage cyclocross thread a couple of years ago, but realized that I've never added any here, either.

1997 model year. 58cm. Custom fork by Chris Igleheart. I've changed the stem since these photos were taken - still dialing that part in, and have contemplated having Clockwork Joel make a repro LD stem, like @rthomers a couple of pages up, but otherwise I love the ride.

This might just be "the" bike that I would keep, if I could only have one.

Official Ibis Picture Thread-hakka1.jpg

Official Ibis Picture Thread-hakka2.jpg

Official Ibis Picture Thread-hakka3.jpg

Official Ibis Picture Thread-hakka4.jpg

Official Ibis Picture Thread-hakka5.jpg

Official Ibis Picture Thread-hakka6.jpg
    We still hang bike thieves in Wyoming [Pedal House]

Riding rigid
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DFA View Post
    Picked this up today. Was told it's an Ibis bottle holder. Can't find anything on the interwebs about it. Maybe someone can shed some light on it.

Chef is correct. I have/had one too. The original thermos started leaking so it is long gone. The cage though I still have and it fits other brands of thermos. I installed it on one of my bikes a few weeks ago, but I found that I was catching the "hooks" on the left. May consider remounting it to the seatpost possibly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Anyone know of a good place to get either original or repro sticker kits for an Ibis SS? I haven't quite given up on the paint of the purple SS I am working on rebuilding but it is getting close to biting the bullet on it.

taste death, live life.
    Quote Originally Posted by datmony View Post
    Anyone know of a good place to get either original or repro sticker kits for an Ibis SS? I haven't quite given up on the paint of the purple SS I am working on rebuilding but it is getting close to biting the bullet on it.
    Try gil@thecycleshed.co.uk

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Ibis with mavic

Philippe

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by datmony View Post
    Scot Nicol maintains a blog website, where he sells original and reproduction decals for a lot of older models. That would be the place to start, if you haven't looked there already:

Chuck Ibis | Chuck Spew

I'm sure he's pretty busy with new stuff and so can't keep up with side projects like this the way he'd like to, but this is one of the great things about the company! He still has passion for all of his older products - just like us!
    We still hang bike thieves in Wyoming [Pedal House]

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    You guys rule as usual!!!! Thanks fellas!! He had a full set of SS stickers on there available. Just ordered them up a few minutes ago. Definitely looking forward to getting them and seeing how they compare to what is on there now.... might greatly simplify my approach......
    Last edited by datmony; 01-06-2015 at 02:52 PM.

BJF
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Attachment 952165Attachment 952166Attachment 952167I just acquired this old ibis bike if anyone has any idea of age.

It has XT shifters (7 speed thumb) and derailleurs.
    Bullseye cranks with what looks like some ghetto spacing on the non drive side.
    Onza little ring. Not sure of the others.
    XT hubs
    Ringle quick releases
    XT seat post
    diacomp levers and what looks like a really crappy front brake. Rear is a U brake but haven't figured that out yet.
    Is the front brake on my bike technically a U brake? Wondering what my options are for a change.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Yes they are. They were a mid-range brake. The one on the rear (IRD) iirc are high end. Finding a similar brake or perhaps some nice roller cams by Suntour or even WTB are ideal. EBay and patience
    Technology dragass

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by whatisaidwas View Post
    The mysterious Ibis Bow-ti: Does it work, is it cool, do I need one parked next to my other Ibis, a Silk-ti? It's one of the very few locally made dual suspension bikes, it's weird and indestructible. I must have one.

Last year I found a great deal on this Bow-ti. XTR, White crank, Crossmax, blue SID, vintage 1998:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150103_104936.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	340.5 KB 
ID:	952683

Ibis only made 3 sizes and at 6'0" I'm at the tall end of fitting this medium frame. The photo above is after some parts switching, as I wanted some improved fork action and to raise the front end a little to fit better. Between the big tire and new fork, it's about 1" higher in front, and the riser bars get things higher too. A not too long stem, then I kicked the seat back to stretch out.

I think none of this was a good idea. So far I don't like this Ibis at all. The head angle is fairly slack anyway. Sitting back makes it sag, plus the now tall front end means shallower head angle and lots of fork trail. When climbing it's floppy to one side or another with little leaning input. Descending is fine. I do feel the rear end twist a little as others have mentioned. It's not bad, just a surprise. It really is smooth though. Rapid Rise has_to_go. I rebuilt the rear shock, but it's not firm enough. I surmise (stating without evidence) that due to the virtual pivot point, the rear suspension has some travel before the shock compresses much at all, so it sags a fair amount. It's as if this bike wants to settle in to 68 parallel.

It might be better if I go back to 26x1.95, 63mm SID, longer stem and flat bars. That seems low and narrow and crashy though. (I'm not 23 anymore.)

Plus the cost of a pro rebuild on front and rear shocks, and I'm having a sad. After only a few rides I might be ready to part it out and sell. All bicycle hoarders know that this is a difficult decision.

Can someone talk me out of giving up on the Bow-ti? (Or should I just send it to you to end my pain?)

Maybe it doesn't match my riding style. But surrounded by lots of new dualies, I thought I should own a longer travel bike. Maybe there are improved performance choices now. I just hate factory/China/carbon. No personality. That's why I lurk in VRC.

I also own Slingshots and Softride Beam bikes, and this Bow-ti behaves in some ways like both of those designs. Super comfy sitting, a little springy standing. Weird.
    These are fantastic bikes, truly engineering genius but you are having some problems. The geometry is built around the older forks of 80mm, you wouldnt notice much with 90 and might get away with 100mm but then you might need to amend the rear shock. I run mine with a 100mm fork and later Fox RP3 shock and they work well together. The original Alp shock is a bit outdated.

I had some rear break judder on steep descents but fixed it by getting a disk mount added (Steve potts). It was kind of a judder. Not unbearable but it happened occasionally and doesn't now.

I've heard other riders say they feel tail end wag but to be honest I've never noticed. I've seen a couple of pics of BowTi's with a sort of cross brace added, but as i never felt it, didnt bother.

Finally, I wouldnt expect these to match modern day suspension bikes, these where at the front edge of suspension when they came out but the world did catch up. Enjoy this piece of history, theres only about 269 of them.

DFA
    mtbr member
    The Hot Unit thermos showed up.

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by oneschnark View Post
    Ibis with mavic

Philippe
    Stem is too short.

mtbr member

30-30-24

Some good reading and lots of pics here in case you haven't already run across this.

30/30/30 | Info
    A bike by any other name is still a bike.

BJF
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Official Ibis Picture Thread

Is the front brake on my bike technically a U brake? Wondering what my options are for a change.

Thanks
    Couple questions.

When I got this bike the brakes were intact but not hooked up. Since getting it I put on some drop bars and road levers. Shifting is perfect but the front brake seems like I don't have enough leverage to set up and the back one has this weird cable stop that when you pull the lever just pops apart. I took it to a shop that was clueless about u brakes and they said they couldn't help.

Anyone know what my options are?

mtbr member

U-brake

Couple questions.

When I got this bike the brakes were intact but not hooked up. Since getting it I put on some drop bars and road levers. Shifting is perfect but the front brake seems like I don't have enough leverage to set up and the back one has this weird cable stop that when you pull the lever just pops apart. I took it to a shop that was clueless about u brakes and they said they couldn't help.

Anyone know what my options are?

BJF, remember fiddling with my Diamondback Arrival in -88 wo improving the performance of the XT U-brake much.
    Swore I'd never get a bike with them again and here I am with two U-brake classic's in the shead!

They were renowned for being difficult to set up, especially if mounted under the BB. Very little you can do to improve braking except increase the leverage by shorten the straddle wire and fit a wider straddle wire hanger.
    Also get the best pads available imo the nutted BMX version of Kool Stop salmon-colored brake pads.

If you have unlimited funds and paciens look for the WTB Roller Cam brakes in the classified. Supposed to be the bees knees!

Read in the Retrobike forum it's possible to fit the powerful Magura HS33 hydraulic rim brakes with the mounting bracket upside down.
    This is my plan for a -88 Miyata mtb-tourer build but it sure would be nice if any oldschool mtb'er here could confirm this?
    Marriage is a wonderful invention, but then again so is the puncture repair kit...

mtbr member

1995 Mojo

Ok here are some quick pics of my Mojo in its current state, bought new around 1995 I think while I was still working in bike shops in SF. I think this was the first year of the 1 1/8th headset. Iíll post pics of my purple one when I get it next week.

My buddy Caleb Wiley who used to work at Ibis told me the name came after he took Scott Nicol to a Mojo Nixon concert. Donít know if that has ever been verifiedÖ

Anyway, to me the Mojo is the greatest steel hardtail ever (working in shops in the SF Bay Area I rode just about everything from the mid-80s onóRitchey, Breezer, Mountain Goat, Bontrager, Fat, etc.)

Anyone have a timeline for these frames--were some made in Santa Rosa and then Montana? When did the hand job go away?

Woodpuppy and Colker--letís see yours

artistic...
    Ibis Mojo 00
    Bought new from Ibis direct.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Ibis Picture Thread-ibismojorussell.jpg  

Official Ibis Picture Thread-ibismojorussell2.jpg  

mtbr member

'98 Mojo Metallic Eggplant

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
    Resistance is futile. I will comply. I bought the "metallic eggplant" in '98 as a frame, built up with what I could EP through the shop. I love this thing. I'd started on Cannondales. After warranty replacement of 2 cracked frames and an upgrade to an F1000, I went steel and found home. I do need to ditch the no-setback Thompson post and go back to my original American Classic. Few 28.6 choices out there. That new Brooks saddle needs breaking in too. I might change it out for a Flyer. Screw the weight, I like the springs!

'Tis better to bail and not to hurt, than not to bail and eat much dirt!
    -unknown

mtbr member

'97 Mojo Copper Metallic

This one is just singlespeed fun and goodness. Most parts including the frame were from eBay or the parts box. I needed a new bike to build around my old XT brake levers. Rear hub is the white Industries ENO eccentric. Can you guess where the seatpost clamp came from?

-unknown

mtbr member
    Ok here are some quick pics of my Mojo in its current state, bought new around 1995 I think while I was still working in bike shops in SF. I think this was the first year of the 1 1/8th headset. Iíll post pics of my purple one when I get it next week.

My buddy Caleb Wiley who used to work at Ibis told me the name came after he took Scott Nicol to a Mojo Nixon concert. Donít know if that has ever been verifiedÖ

Anyway, to me the Mojo is the greatest steel hardtail ever (working in shops in the SF Bay Area I rode just about everything from the mid-80s onóRitchey, Breezer, Mountain Goat, Bontrager, Fat, etc.)

Anyone have a timeline for these frames--were some made in Santa Rosa and then Montana? When did the hand job go away?

Love the color and love the bike! Very nice! If you ever want to part with it...

mtbr member
    The smaller frames always look more proportionally balanced to me. Damn 34" inseam. That green is awesome.
    -unknown

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodpuppy View Post
    The smaller frames always look more proportionally balanced to me. Damn 34" inseam. That green is awesome.
    I like the big frames! that's where ibis is different from other custom shops.

mtbr member
    Henry, I thought your bike looked familiar:

1995 Ibis Mojo - Pedal Room
    -unknown

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

mojo jojo

Bwahahahahah, love my Mojo but I had to rat rod it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Ibis Picture Thread-july2015-012.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oh, the INHUMANITY!!!!
    -unknown

artistic...
    Brutal...

mtbr member
    Henry, I thought your bike looked familiar:

1995 Ibis Mojo - Pedal Room
    Yep, is Pedalroom still a thing? I posted those pages to try out the site after I met the developer.

mtbr member
    This one is just singlespeed fun and goodness. Most parts including the frame were from eBay or the parts box. I needed a new bike to build around my old XT brake levers. Rear hub is the white Industries ENO eccentric. Can you guess where the seatpost clamp came from?

Great looking bikes! Thanks for posting!

What fork is that? I have a (what should be the right geo) Kona fork I'll probably use with the next one I'm getting but would probably like something better eventually.

mtbr member
    I found the pedal room site searching for pics of ibis mojos. Beyond that, I don't know much about it. The fork on that bike is a Salsa cromoto. I like others better aesthetically, but they were pretty much out of the budget affairs. The Salsa was turnkey online. I just needed to match the AC length to the frame. Works fine so far!
    Last edited by Woodpuppy; 07-10-2015 at 04:00 PM.
    -unknown

mtbr member
    The fork on that bike is a Salsa cromoto.
    Is that 425mm axle to crown? I think for these needs to be more like the 413 which Surly offers. Surly forks are boat anchors, though. I think the Kona I got is 410 and is maybe a tad lighter. I had Paul Sadoff build a fork for my Ritchey Breakaway. Maybe Iíll see if he can do one for the Mojo twins.

Edit, Colker reminded me about Vicious Cycles--another good fork option
    Last edited by Henry Chinaski; 07-06-2015 at 03:24 PM.

mtbr member
    That sounds about right. I knew about vicious cycles, but the salsa was less expensive. I read a lot about this topic when I made the purchase. Just typed in "rigid fork for ibis mojo" and got lots of info. I have a pic of the rigid bike leaning against the fs bike and the top tubes are parallel. Fork on the 98 mojo is a Marzocchi also from 98. Would have to find the manual or do research to figure out the travel.
    -unknown

artistic...
    TRavel is 70mm on that marz..

mtbr member
    So the salsa fork may be a tad bit long. With the ENO eccentric rear hub, I've probably irreparably screwed the geometry
    -unknown

mtbr member
    Henry, you're a worse procrastinator than me!!!

what rigid steel fork for my 1995 Ibis Mojo?
    -unknown

mtbr member
    Henry, you're a worse procrastinator than me!!!

what rigid steel fork for my 1995 Ibis Mojo?
    hahahahahaha!

Well, kids...

mtbr member
    hahahahahaha!

Well, kids...
    No kiddin' I've got 4 under 4. 2 can finally ride the neighborhood, hooray!!!
    -unknown

mtbr member
    4590 showed up today, joining 3986

I hate purple but I absolutely love this eggplant color. So cool.

mtbr member
    Gosh that's niiiiice. Great paint.
    -unknown

artistic...
    Just saw a wool black bianchi campagnolo long sleeve jersey on a Paris Roubaix doc yesterday.. You need to wear one of those w/ the black Ibis. I would buy that bike for the color alone.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My Mojo's

Mojo Ti still in build stage, so please don't judge

Mojo HD needs a dropper & it's finished. Not retro, but it's amazing...

Love em!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Ibis Picture Thread-ibis-mojo-hd.jpg  

Official Ibis Picture Thread-ibis-mojo-ti.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by eshew View Post
    My Mojo's

Mojo Ti still in build stage, so please don't judge

Mojo HD needs a dropper & it's finished. Not retro, but it's amazing...

Love em!
    I'll be back in town tomorrow and we can get you those shifters for the Ti. How do you have time to be on here? Shouldn't you be completely sleepless and knee deep in diapers right about now? hehe

The Ibis' (or whatever the plural of Ibis is) are coming together nicely!!!

Mr. Member

New Mojo modern build...

Scored an Eddie Orange Ibis Mojo medium frame for a real steel project... But not taking it retro. That is a spot my 1998 Panasonic Mountain Cat 7500 fills well. No, this will be a more MODERN build to haul my Clyde arse around... And the Sycip modified frame to add the disc brake mounts and hose mounts was just what I was looking for...

Will be fitted with Shimano SLX hydraulic brakes and a Surly 80mm suspension-compensated rigid fork. Shimano SLX 2x Hollowtech II crankset and a 9-speed LX in the back. Shimano XT 3x9 shifters. Chris King headset. All riding on some Hadley hubs, Sapim Force spokes, and Sun MTX33 rims.

Pics when it is built up... Pic from seller is above... Excited to get started....

My only concern is if the lack of a disc brake frame support tube from top to bottom chainstay will allow the frame to flex too much under heavy braking... Tighter tolerances in disc brakes than the frame spread caused by cantilever or v-brakes...

Rmpl

mtbr member
    Cool! When did Ibis start calling it Eddy Orange? And is that a respray based on the original paint? How close is it to Molteni? Pictured below are my Molteni Merckx and an orange Bonty (both original factory paint).

You also might consider the Kona Project fork over the Surly. I have one on my '95 Mojo and it seems a bit higher quality and lighter than the Surly (this judging by my old Cross Check).

Iíll be stoked to see how this one turns out!

Mr. Member
    Cool! When did Ibis start calling it Eddy Orange? And is that a respray based on the original paint? How close is it to Molteni? Pictured below are my Molteni Merckx and an orange Bonty (both original factory paint).
    Those look like some beautiful frames with quality lugging and beefy welds... I know Ibis does quality welds, but I wouldn't have minded some gusseting at the headset, like that Bonty.

Yes, it was a re-spray by SyCip, I am told. The "Eddie Orange" was a name I got from one of their late-90's catalogs. It looks "orange" to me... :-)

I already own the Surly Big Dummy fork, but looked into the Kona, it was 440mm and the Surly was 425mm... I think the 425mm Surly keeps the geometry down to somewhat what the Rock Shox Judy XC was originally. Mixing modern with 90's-era bikes can be tricky with all the tall suspension fork options that were only wet dreamed about in the 90's...

Also went 9-speed because I already own the components.

Frame should arrive today...

Rmpl

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmplstlskn View Post
    Those look like some beautiful frames with quality lugging and beefy welds... I know Ibis does quality welds, but I wouldn't have minded some gusseting at the headset, like that Bonty.

Yes, it was a re-spray by SyCip, I am told. The "Eddie Orange" was a name I got from one of their late-90's catalogs. It looks "orange" to me... :-)

I already own the Surly Big Dummy fork, but looked into the Kona, it was 440mm and the Surly was 425mm... I think the 425mm Surly keeps the geometry down to somewhat what the Rock Shox Judy XC was originally. Mixing modern with 90's-era bikes can be tricky with all the tall suspension fork options that were only wet dreamed about in the 90's...

Also went 9-speed because I already own the components.

Frame should arrive today...

Rmpl
    This is the one I have on my Mojo. 410 axle to crown.

https://www.bikeman.com/KON-P2MTN410.html

Before that I had a 63mm travel Judy on my Mojo, which I bought new in '95

Mr. Member
    This is the one I have on my Mojo. 410 axle to crown.

https://www.bikeman.com/KON-P2MTN410.html

Before that I had a 63mm travel Judy on my Mojo, which I bought new in '95
    Only problem, no disc brake mounts... Disc brakes are awesome!

I think the late 90's catalogs had the 80mm Judy's as an option. So I am hoping the headset geometry of this frame was designed around 80mm...

Rmpl

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmplstlskn View Post
    Only problem, no disc brake mounts... Disc brakes are awesome!

I think the late 90's catalogs had the 80mm Judy's as an option. So I am hoping the headset geometry of this frame was designed around 80mm...

Rmpl
    Yeah, you might be right on that.

Looking forward to seeing it done!

Mr. Member
    Help! Is the late-90's era Ibis Mojo steel frames 28.4mm or 28.6mm seat posts?

These are so close, I cannot tell which one by my metric tape measure...

Rmpl

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sheldon Brown's site says 28.6

Mr. Member
    I just saw that on BikePedia too... Thanks!

Naturally, none of my nice ones fit...

Anyone have a nice seat post in 28.6mm to sell... Not happy with the limited eBay options.

Rmpl

mtbr member
    Going thru some pics and thought this is as good a place as any to post this.

mtbr member
    One pic is never enough
    Technology dragass

Stokeless Asshat

Coming soon

93. Shelved in the late 90's. Interesting back story.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Ibis Picture Thread-ibis-fork.jpg  

Official Ibis Picture Thread-ibis-stem.jpg  

Official Ibis Picture Thread-ibis-full-side.jpg  

Official Ibis Picture Thread-ibis-hand-job.jpg  

Official Ibis Picture Thread-ibis-cranks.jpg  

Official Ibis Picture Thread-ibis-tt-decal.jpg  

Last edited by jeff; 08-22-2016 at 07:40 AM.
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Hi, still one
    I think from 1989

Philippe

artistic...
    Seems the best Mojos were made from 95 when they introduced the Prestige Moron tubing till 98 when production was still in Sebastopol. Those bikes have advanced tubing and a build quality that is missing on the last 3 years. I have some minor issues on mine...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    Seems the best Mojos were made from 95 when they introduced the Prestige Moron tubing till 98 when production was still in Sebastopol. Those bikes have advanced tubing and a build quality that is missing on the last 3 years. I have some minor issues on mine...
    I had a 20" forest green Mojo from that era. I got hit by a car coming out of a driveway and it smashed one of the rear brake bosses, seatstay. sold it on ebay 10+ years ago to a guy in CO (who can presumably weld).

loved that bike, though it was a bit small for me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Is it possible to merge the Official Ibis threads together?

http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro...ad-729072.html
    Looking for a P7, k14 or f12 1inch

gobsmacked Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by burritoguru View Post
    Is it possible to merge the Official Ibis threads together?

http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro...ad-729072.html
    done, good idea, thanks.

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    done, good idea, thanks.
    Merge, aquisitions blablabla.. i am here for MORE PICTURES of vintage Ibis bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Just because this thread has not been updated in awhile. I purchased in September an Alibi from someone who himself had only purchased it earlier that year from the original owner.

First two pics from the ad from the original owner, then a pic from the eBay add in September, and pic of current setup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Ibis Picture Thread-p4pb13508290.jpg  

Official Ibis Picture Thread-p4pb13508288.jpg  

Official Ibis Picture Thread-s-l1600-1-2.jpg  

Official Ibis Picture Thread-img_0119a.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 32