Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Illuminati

Cool-blue Rhythm Official FAT chance thread

Hi guys
    OK, so people like myself incapable of uploading pics, just tell us what you've got. If you can upload pics all the better! Show the love for FAT people

My babies
    93 Fat Chance yo eddy, pearlised lavender. parts highlights, Box levers, grafton maglite cantis, critical racing cantis, Ibis ti bars & stem, IRD post, cooks QRs & RSRs cranks, hugi hubs, 231ceramics, m900xtr shifters f.mech & durace r.mech.

99 Fat Chance Titanium, chris king ti headset, 7 ti stem, m951 XTR cranks, bb, cantis,shifterlevers, mechs, cassette. full SRP ti bolt kit. King hubs. King ti cages. Custom syncros ti post shaft with raceface clamp.

Look forward to hearing/seeing what you've got!

Many thanks!

ta

scant

VRC Illuminati
    Why am I not suprised this to be your post Scant!

My only Fat right now is an older Wicked(?)...although I can't be sure on that. It was a theft recovery frame with a quick rattle can paint job over the original Grellow. I've taken some laquer thinner to it and it's worked ok thus far, but some or the original decals are being lost as a result...
    Most of the mini mtb'er decals all over the frame are in pretty good shape though. I'm only half way down with the rub down.
    Before and after pics below...
    Of course, I'm sorta looking for a nice early 90's Yo Eddy Team if anyone want's to humor me.
    Before:

After:
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

Bikes not Bombs.....

Scant - Welcome and a question for you....

Scant, I have a 1992 Yo Eddy, and for some reason, I can not find the front deraileur. I have the type that feeds the del. cable throught the bottom via a small pully on the back of the seat tube.

Question #1 - What size is the del. clamp? 31.8?

Question #2 - Is the front Del. a bottom pull or top pull?

Any help would be great. I plan on putting a simple XT on it.

Thanks

JS
    [SIZE=2]Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... [/SIZE] -

Illuminati
    hi guys
    rumfy, A mate of mine is considering selling his complete Yo eddy (91?) mail me for his address (UK).
    Are you going to try & fully restore the wicked (I've followed your progress on 1stflightbikes :P) or possibly go for a respray?

http://www.fatfans.de/ seems to suggest "Front derailleur size: 1 1/4", top pull only" which seems way out to me! 31.8mm bottom pull for the pulley behind the seatube is right. Its inkeeping with the bike. I run this setup on my Yo. To be honest the roller isnt great. When mud accumulates on the roller it turns the roller into a cam to a lesser extent!
    Much later models of Yo used direct cable, no pulley, top pull mechs which work a lot better

ta

scant

VRC Illuminati
    First Flight forum is a nice place to hang.
    I've seen your name come up on the mtb-news.de and singletrackworld forums too...all good places to learn.

As far as my Fat, I beleive the frame is too big for me. To put the money into a respray and then sell it would not be a very good way to spend my money.
    I'll take the time to clean it up as best I can and hope to find a good home for it.
    I just didn't want to see it waste away.

I'm open to any Yo really...but to ship a frame over seas might proove more money than I can afford.

Which Fats have the wish bone style seat stays?
    -eric-

Illuminati
    hi eric
    nar, I meant restoring the Yo for restoration sake! Although selling it for 1 that fits you does make sence :P mail me & I'll pass you onto grant whos considering selling his yo.

The 93 fat chance titanium & the buck shaver both had wishbone seatstays. theres a real nice buck on ebay.de in lavender currently :P

ta

scant

VRC Illuminati
    Yeah, I'd love to hold on to every frame I get, but my dinky apartment doesn't let me spread out...I can, however, justify an exchange for the correct size....then resto!

Thanks on the wishbone info. Speaking of Ti's...also one up on ebay.com
    That buck is in fine shape!

Quote Originally Posted by scant
    hi eric
    nar, I meant restoring the Yo for restoration sake! Although selling it for 1 that fits you does make sence :P mail me & I'll pass you onto grant whos considering selling his yo.

The 93 fat chance titanium & the buck shaver both had wishbone seatstays. theres a real nice buck on ebay.de in lavender currently :P
    -eric-

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    ok, here we go
    fat chance 1989 NOS
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    fat chance monster fat, late 1991 - sold 4 weeks ago

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    again, fat chance monster fat 1992

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    fat chance 10th anniversary NOS

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    last but not least: fat chance titanium 1993

regards,
    marc

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I guess it is appropriate that my first post here should be a pic of my old Fat Chance Team Comp. How do you guys like this one? We didn't need no stinking suspension. How about those Scott aero bars and the black and green Bullseye hubs? That was a great bike. Rolled like a freight train. Cool site by the way. I will have to start checking in when I can.

VRC Illuminati

We the people ...

So....Marc....wanna trade?

Quote Originally Posted by rasaldul
    last but not least: fat chance titanium 1993

regards,
    marc
    -eric-

Bikes not Bombs.....
    If you ever find another Monster Fat in Medium, and it is for sale, Please contact me. I have a 1992 Yo Eddy, but would love the Monster in memory of Fat Matt.

JS

Illuminati
    hi guys
    rasadul, nice collection! I'd love a 10th anniversary. There were a few for sale early last year. I was spending soo much $$ on bikes I held back, gutted, wish I hadnt now!

JS, so whats the full story behind "but would love the Monster in memory of Fat Matt."??

ta

scant

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    hi guys
    rasadul, nice collection! I'd love a 10th anniversary. There were a few for sale early last year. I was spending soo much $$ on bikes I held back, gutted, wish I hadnt now!
    you´re right mike, in may last year there have been 4 10th anni´s for sale in 1 week (1@ebay.com,1@ebay.de,2@mtb-news.de). getting a 10th anni is not cheap - but it´s worth spending a lot of money. soon it will get nearly NOS 900 xtr components (sorry, but campy record OR sucks )

regards,
    marc
    Last edited by rasaldul; 01-09-2004 at 04:15 AM.

Illuminati
    hi marc
    the 10ths didnt sell for crazy $$ 450UK pounds frame & fork. Thats why i regret it sooo much know!
    Do you know the person with 3 10ths pictured on mtb-classic forum? Now thats plain greedy!

ta

scant

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

My Yo Eddy singlespeed

Here's my '94 Somerville Yo Eddy, currently sporting an ENO eccentric rear hub for singlespeed, Race Face cranks in orange! By the way, Chris Chance's wife has tons of Fat Chance gear, including full decal sets, if anyone's interested. And she told me last week that they're trying to restart manufacturing for the Big One Inch forks. No more bikes, though.

Illuminati
    "that they're trying to restart manufacturing for the Big One Inch forks"

dude!!!

is that right? not too surprised, theres a big demand for cool high end forks these days! Whos going to be making them?

ta

scant

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Big One Inch

"that they're trying to restart manufacturing for the Big One Inch forks"

dude!!!

is that right? not too surprised, theres a big demand for cool high end forks these days! Whos going to be making them?

ta

scant
    Not sure, but someone in the Somerville area. Wendyll is her name, and she's currently selling stuff on ebay under the username yobetty. She's very nice and seems happy to talk shop.

Illuminati
    dude, wendyl is chris chances ex & a big part of FAT chance in herself!
    I wonder who's going to do the building? Anymore info post it here!

ta

scant

Bikes not Bombs.....
    Matt was a large person, and they named the monster fat after him. I am also rather large and have always wanted a Fat Fat.

I hope he is OK, I did not mean to imply he was Gone.

All the best

JS

bonked
    dude, wendyl is chris chances ex & a big part of FAT chance in herself!
    I wonder who's going to do the building? Anymore info post it here!

ta

scant
    Hey,

New here, but wanted to comment that not only is Wendyl a big part of Fat history, but a huge part of why FCC as much as fell off the face of the planet.

I speak from being somewhat in the know. The shop I helped manage was the number 2 Fat dealer IN THE WORLD in the mid 90s before Wendyl convinced Chris to move to the Serotta facility in South Glens Falls NY. Two factory team riders worked for our shop, one of whom helped develop the Shockabilly designs. Both riders later jumped ship to Indepenent Fabrication out of loyalty to those guys, being as Wendyl fired basically EVERYONE (who later started IF) when they moved Fat City to NY.

Hardcore cogs really don't even recognize post Somerville Fats and for many it is due to how uncool it was that Wendyl dumped all the workers to make the move to NY.

If I had to give one person credit for (Somerville) Fat being as successful as they were in the 90s, other than Chris, it would have to be Rob Mossman.

By the way, anybody know the whereabout of any of the 3 1996 Fatlanta edition Yo Eddys?

Illuminati
    IF52, tell me more about "1996 Fatlanta edition Yo Eddys"

I'm not going to seperate my love of FATs by their year of construction! some hard core yeti followers seem to only follow parker era yetis. Well thats personal preference & all. I think its nice to be so loyal to a brand to defend some time periods.

I dont know (or really care) about the wendyl/chris history (thats their business!)

I just miss the bikes

peace

scant

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast