Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006

nice trade..roadie out, Klein in

Picked up this Klein in a trade for a Novara Randonee. I had NO use for the road bike, he had no use for the MTB . It's an odd mix of parts, XTR front derailer, STX shifters, old LX rear derailer, XT cluster, LX cranks with Blackshire rings, Machine Tech brake levers. Mavic 238's on Deore hubs, Deore pedals and the Lawwill fork.
    I'm not sure what model it is as the top tube is fully wrapped with electrical tape to hold the full length housing for the rear V-brakes. I'm gonna undo that and return to a canti rear setup ( the internal tubing is still intact ) The frame and components are really clean and the bike rides really nicely...and the seat is higher that the riser Raceface handlebars .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I won't sell these for a penny less than $60.00. I'd rather put 'em back on the shelf and keep 'em! "

mtbr member

Good job!

Nice deal indeed!
    It seems to be a 1994-5 Pulse (could be also 1996 Pulse II).

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    two words: weed barrier

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    The 1994 Klein catalog shows the Pulse with the optional Lawwill Leader suspension fork and indicates it was an option for the Attitude too. The serial number might confirm the year and model. Please show us a picture when you get it all cleaned up.

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006

any chance of..

Quote Originally Posted by woodenpaddler
    The 1994 Klein catalog shows the Pulse with the optional Lawwill Leader suspension fork and indicates it was an option for the Attitude too. The serial number might confirm the year and model. Please show us a picture when you get it all cleaned up.
    any chance you could scan that and either post it or send it to me? The Kona site in Denmark(?) seems to be shut down, it was a great info source...thanx

(oops, the Kona site won't help me will it? I got mixed up, bought an older Cinder Cone today.....)...
    Last edited by stan4bikes; 06-20-2007 at 10:51 PM.
    "I won't sell these for a penny less than $60.00. I'd rather put 'em back on the shelf and keep 'em! "

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by stan4bikes
    any chance you could scan that and either post it or send it to me? The Kona site in Denmark(?) seems to be shut down, it was a great info source...thanx
    Check out www.mtb-kataloge.de ! There you can find all the Klein catalogs you needs (among others).

Carsten
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4bikes

(oops, the Kona site won't help me will it? I got mixed up, bought an older Cinder Cone today.....)...
    there you go

artistic...
    you ripped him off!! does he have an older brother?
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

mtbr member
    If you want to sell the Lawwill, let me know. I have a strong jones for one.

Members who have read this thread: 0