mtbr member

New King Sotto Voce etching

Scroll down to the pic of the red headsets and read. New headset marking. Only black will be available the was it was.

http://www.mtbr.com/TRP_16_367_7crx.aspx
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

Relax. I'm a pro.
    Feb 2004
    I like my King headset and all, but Chris King considers new laser etching news-worthy? C'mon. This headset can use some legitimate improvement.

clueless
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad
    ... C'mon. This headset can use some legitimate improvement.
    ... and which?

ciao
    flo

mtbr member
    Oct 2003

the new Gilbert Grape
    I followed that discussion on the 29er forum. I checked my fork steerer tubes on frames with King headsets and had no wear, even after 5-6 years of use. Either I'm not riding hard enough, or it's not a huge problem.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

velocipede technician
    looking for 20-21" P team

VRC Hound
    Those new Chris King headsets are almost there. Now just a little less work and they will be the elegant no-logo!

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig
    Those new Chris King headsets are almost there. Now just a little less work and they will be the elegant no-logo!
    Ha! That would be an upgrade.

mtbr member
    Funny you say that I just picked up another no logo
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

Relax. I'm a pro.
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by floibex
    ... and which?

ciao
    flo
    The top isn't solid. The o-ring lets it rock just a tad. This isn't noticable on a mountainbike, what with the suspension moving about, rocks, bumps, etc. Throw it on a BMX bike and ride this bike like it was intended, and you will find yourself going insane--it's almost like an itch that you can't scratch. I now only run this headset on my mountainbikes.

--Antoine

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I was thinking the same thing. I was considering calling them up and asking if they could just not throw one through the logo-ing machine so I can finish up my Slingshot before the snow starts flying (I'm really starting to hate Ebay). Same with some Salsa Flip-Offs. Those two items (plus cables) and I'm finally done with my first build.

ps. of course if anyone can help, I have a bunch of stuff to trade (yes Gloria, that includes water bottles)

Relax. I'm a pro.
    Feb 2004
    Yeah, I too was disappointed when Salsa started etching their QRs. Ah well, whatever. I'm trying to not get too geeky over this stuff.

--Antoine

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jacdykema
    I was thinking the same thing. I was considering calling them up and asking if they could just not throw one through the logo-ing machine so I can finish up my Slingshot before the snow starts flying (I'm really starting to hate Ebay). Same with some Salsa Flip-Offs. Those two items (plus cables) and I'm finally done with my first build.

ps. of course if anyone can help, I have a bunch of stuff to trade (yes Gloria, that includes water bottles)
    Heh. I was just thinking the other day that good deals on eBay has become really rare nowadays.

What did you need? Just the flip offs and headset? Or are you still looking for the Pauls?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    but then how would anyone know you've got a CK headset? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

velocipede technician
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckedrex
    but then how would anyone know you've got a CK headset? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?
    no.
    looking for 20-21" P team

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Granted while it could be very retro, sometimes you just don't want screaming product placement.
    Last edited by girlonbike; 06-11-2010 at 12:25 PM.

VRC Hound
    I have "Chris" and "King" tattooed on my hands so the other riders will know how I roll, even without the logo!