mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Need help w/campy parts quest to recreate my stolen kestrel Zll mtb from early 90's

Trying to recreate my stolen kestrel Zll mtb all campy grupo 3x8 24 speed early 90s vintage bike with manitou 4 suspension forks. My pride and joy in better days and when in better health. My bike was in perfect like new shape. So far after months of looking found Zll frame in New Hampshire after 9 hour ride, beat up,but intact. Jim at cyclart jumped onboard with my quest and other good people from my local bike shop bikeland,etc. jim going to restore frame. Found many campy components on eBay. Still need the following parts - front campy deraileur, triple for mtb,braze-on maybe Euclid, rear campy long cage all silver deraileur, campy 8 cassette, 13x by 34 or 32 teeth, manitou 4 suspension forks 1"x7" threaded. Nick from cyclecraft thought i should check in this forum. Hope I can get some help here too. heard frank the welder could be good resource also? fyi - my bike was stolen early june by sprinkler company from basement in springfield nj, black with green kestrel decals,cruiser seat with hydropost and cruiser handlebars for my bad back, very rare and unique setup. $1,000.00 reward. Thanks to all! bobby
    Last edited by Bobby's quest; 12-03-2013 at 12:27 PM.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Did you ever prosecute that said Sprinkler Company????
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    called the police, made report, called sprinkler company, they all acted interested at first and then just wasted my time. nobody seems to care these days other then my fellow bike people... pathetic...i still keep looking to see if my bike pops up, very rare and unique, so east to spot. in mean time started quest to recreate, finding the rare frame was critical, now just some last key parts having tough time.