Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VRC Hound
    I remember the Enduro fondly. Nothing like fluorescent Green and Black. It was a popular bike where I came from.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig
    I remember the Enduro fondly. Nothing like fluorescent Green and Black. It was a popular bike where I came from.

So its a Panasonic, not designed by Tom Ritchey but by someone else, doesnt look even remotely like Tom's work, but it has/had Ritchey stickers. Yeah, thats a Ritchey.

defender of bad taste
    Nov 2007
    Just picked one of these up myself, and knowing Fillet-Brazed's appreciation for this odd bike I decided to bump this ancient thread and post some (really bad) pictures

mtbr member
    Sweet!!!! another Canapurna looks clean , the stem/bars and shifters look like an upgrade.
    "I think it is heavy and often stupid and doesn't work as well as Shimano, but I keep using it. -- NG

defender of bad taste
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kb11
    Sweet!!!! another Canapurna looks clean , the stem/bars and shifters look like an upgrade.

Actually it's not too bad aside from a lot of paint wear - it had be used as a commuter by someone who knew nothing about bikes. The bar and stem are Ritchey Force, a couple of years too new for this bike but better that the high rise stem and 5 degree steel bar that had sadly replaced the Nitto bulls at some point in the bikes life. Rear derailleur in not Deerhead - there is a RD-L525 Light Action fitted for some reason - lovely Suntour pedals are missing and the back wheel is a Weinmann POC on a Formula hub. Still it's my first Ritchey (sort of) and I didn't pay very much for it, so I have some affection for it.

This was actually sold by a LBS in Kitchener, Ontario so they were obviously available across Canada - any idea of how many were made? I only know of 3 - Yours, mine and the First flight one. Did it have a model name?

mtbr member
    I had a different lugged RoMo Canapurna Ritchey - it was a reddish-brown colour with a unicrown fork, bullmoose bars, deore derailleurs/shifters - the model was called the K2.

Bought at Pedlar in Toronto in the summer of 1987.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mechagouki
    This was actually sold by a LBS in Kitchener, Ontario so they were obviously available across Canada - any idea of how many were made? I only know of 3 - Yours, mine and the First flight one. Did it have a model name?
    I think this is a '86 model. I have no idea how many were made, they must be quite rare as only 3 have surfaced so far
    "I think it is heavy and often stupid and doesn't work as well as Shimano, but I keep using it. -- NG

Klunker Kev`
    I`ve got a 1985 Fiora San Remo that looks awfully similar. Makes me wonder if they came out of the same factory. It`s Tange tubing however...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MERK26
    I`ve got a 1985 Fiora San Remo that looks awfully similar. Makes me wonder if they came out of the same factory. It`s Tange tubing however...
    Almost all frames built in Japan came from either National Panasonic, for lugged frames or Toyo for tig'd frames

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kb11
    I think this is a '86 model. I have no idea how many were made, they must be quite rare as only 3 have surfaced so far

Wasn't there one on the bay a few weeks ago?
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2, or 3. Fillet brazed Ibis Custom. Cunningham Racer. Otis Guy (but not that softride model). That's all I need I don't need anything else... except... except for an old Mountain Goat bar stem combo. And that's all I need. I don't need anything else. Except.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemmer
    Wasn't there one on the bay a few weeks ago?

I think the one on ebay was an Ascent. They both have the same paint scheme, red with black forks

mtbr member
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2, or 3. Fillet brazed Ibis Custom. Cunningham Racer. Otis Guy (but not that softride model). That's all I need I don't need anything else... except... except for an old Mountain Goat bar stem combo. And that's all I need. I don't need anything else. Except.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemmer
    Ya, that looks like a '87. 1st black one I've seen

rismtb
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by iampm View Post
    Wow! The guy who suggested me to came here on the BikeForums.net was right! You guys kick a$$! Thanks for all the info! Now let me recapitulate.

If I understand correctly, it dosen't look like there is a particular model name for this bike. Am I right? It could be a Ritchey branded Rocky Mountain wich dosen't seem to have more info about but the fact that they came from Japan and was imported to Canada. I'm kind of thinking that I'm searching information that just doen't exists.

I was angry by the awnser I received from Ritchey Logic, but In fact there is just nothing more to say but that It's a lugged frame Ritchey branded Rocky Mountain bike? Am I right again?

I sincerly thought there could be some more info about it. I'm sorry to bothered you guys with this. All the info was on oldmountainbikes.com. Which is, finally, very complete. There was an awesome job made on this website. I'll submit my bike to it as soon I'm certain of the year.

kb11, I can see some similarities with your bike, the biopace, the fork and the fork tube. But there are some diferences like the bar, the u-brakes under the BB ,,, is that what makes you guess it 87 or later?

Thanks for all the info!

Oh I forgot, Boy named SSue, pointed that it could also be another brand who used Ritchey tubings? Or are we now sure of one thing : Its a Rocky Mountain.
    This is an early japan/ritchey nice tig welds fork not so nice, they use to come loose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help to identify what looks like an old Ritchey complete bike from the mid 80's-img_0124.jpg  

Need help to identify what looks like an old Ritchey complete bike from the mid 80's-img_0137.jpg  

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    This thread should really get moved back to the VRC forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2