Thread: My three

mtbr member
    Apr 2016

My three

I've sold off over a half dozen of my vintage bikes, mostly Stumpjumpers, to fund a new Yo Eddy 2.1 but these are the few that aren't going anywhere. For now anyway. I might end up selling the S Works eventually but the other two are "fer shur" keepers.

From left to right:
    1992 S Works with Tange Prestige Ultimate Ultralight tubing, full XTR drivetrain, XT brake calipers, pedals and seatpost, Tioga stem and headset, and S Works branded Hugi/DT 240 hubs & Mavic 517 hoops

1985 Stumpjumper Team with Tange Prestige tubing and XT "Deerhead" M700 group. 90% original as the day it was bought, including receipt and owners manual, but saddle and tires (I have the original saddle). Tommaselli Racer levers and grips.

1995 Yo Eddy Sapphire Fade with a brand new 1x11 XT M8000 group, Chris King hubs on Mavic 517 hoops, XTR M950/70 v brakes, Thomson & Kore cockpit, XT M730 pedals, King headset and a Terry Fly "Buzz Off" saddle. The fork is a Yo Eddy BOI but not original to the frame.

They all get ridden, especially the Yo Eddy. I've bought a few brand new bikes in the last 3 years and they always sit in the garage and end up being sold for quite a loss. I say the bikes from 80s/90s have a soul and the new bikes are soulless...

Just wanted to share with fellow enthusiasts! None of my friends are into vintage so this is fun to be a part of

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

artistic...
    LOVE the S works.. I remember longing for that bike in mags.
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

VRC Illuminati
    Not a bad line up. I'm a purist, so that pink Stumpy Team does it for me, but I bet that Yo is a ripper.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.