artistic...

my cantis became powerless.

when i had shimano slr levers those cantis were nice and progressive. now that i have DC SS5 they progress to nowhere. the shimano slr's are way heavier than DC. i am almost giving up and grabbing a pair of ordinary avid SDs and be done w/it.
    any ideas on how to get the cantis to their glory? i have suntour xc pro w/ red kool stop pads.
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

clueless
    .. post a picture how they are set up. might help.

ciao
    flo

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Run a steeper brake cable yoke angle. SS-5s have a higher mechanical advantage than shimano DX/XT SLR levers (in other words, they pull less brake cable, about 16mm vs 22mm of SLRs) and to get the same feel you need to alter your straddle cable/yoke geometry.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    Run a steeper brake cable yoke angle. SS-5s have a higher mechanical advantage than shimano DX/XT SLR levers (in other words, they pull less brake cable, about 16mm vs 22mm of SLRs) and to get the same feel you need to alter your straddle cable/yoke geometry.
    what do you mean by steeper? far away from the tire?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    what do you mean by steeper? far away from the tire?
    the straddle cable will be more "pointed".

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by holden
    the straddle cable will be more "pointed".
    shorten the lever to straddle cable.. hmmm.. it already is but i will shorten even more. there is a bit of play at the lever bushings. i just got a set dia compe SS7 levers and it's in better shape. i will try it.

Members who have read this thread: 0