Thread: My 92 Adroit

mkozaczek

My 92 Adroit

Figured I'd share my other ride with you guys, what being new and all.

Picked it up last spring, it's a large frame with a pretty long MC1 so overall a good fit for me. I'm leaning towards building it up as a very light SS, I have the CK hubs in black and just need a nice black crank and some black brakes and levers. Shooting for a 16 lbs build in the end, maybe.

The paint is in pretty good shape, some scratches, a little bubbling around the cable exits and a bit faded but not bad. No dents, chips or other major damage at all.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Thanks for sharing the pics. I had a 92 Gator Fade Adroit as well. It looked just like yours except mine was a full XTR M900 gruppo and I also had a ti spindle pressed in. Even in that spec it was less than 22 lbs iirc. I bought mine new back in 93 and then sold it so I could fund one of the first Klein Quantum Pro's to hit the street. In retrospect I regret that move, but the Pro was a beautiful bike and weighed around 18.5 lbs which was really light back in the early-mid 90's. I always wondered where my old Adroit ended-up over the years. I think I may have the original Klein bike manual, but not sure if it has the serial number jotted down or not. Do you know if yours has a ti spindle? At any rate thats a great looking bike!!

No good in rock gardens..
    Cool. I have a '93 (I think) Pinnacle in the same colour.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

the test dummy
    i want it!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    I'm completely biased so take this with a grain of salt...are you crazy?? Do yourself a favor and try to make it as original as possible. It may be harder and frustrating to find the right parts but it will be worth it.

mtbr member
    Yeah dont build that as a ss with black parts......looks pretty darn nice as is. Those ringle hubs at least the front one is awesome and very rare.

black parts all over that bike would be lame!!!!!!

just find the matching front blue canti brake to match the rear, clean her up and call it a day.

then buy another bike to turn into a ss.

That Klein is really sweet man dont mess it all up.

mtbr member
    Have to agree with everyone else on this, leave it as is and add what you need to make it correct.
    Too many bikes, and just enough time to ride them.

Stokeless Asshat
    I'd say go with your plan. That would make a sick SS. Just keep the old parts.
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

mkozaczek
    I've had Adroits that I spent years making all original and now a days I just love single speeds, maybe black is not the way to go, maybe silver would be better but it is going to be a single speed. Besides I don't like the blue parts at all. The front hub is pretty cool I suppose.

artistic...
    taht seatpost better be long or you are gonna break that frame...
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkozaczek
    I've had Adroits that I spent years making all original and now a days I just love single speeds, maybe black is not the way to go, maybe silver would be better but it is going to be a single speed. Besides I don't like the blue parts at all. The front hub is pretty cool I suppose.

well that makes me sad. the blue parts are pretty standard on that color Klein. Do what you will, At least try and make it an era-semi-correct SS.

I know for a fact that you will have no problem finding a home for a number of those components.

Sigh.....

mkozaczek
    see that's funny but I've never seen them with all the blue stuff... In fact I bought a brand new gator fade rascal in 92/93 and spec'd it mostly with black ringle hubs and M900 XTR and I always thought black really worked well with the yellow of the gator.

Anyways, I sort of feel a closer connection to the frame rather than the build, back then people had so many choices and built their bikes so many different ways it's impossible to say what was 'typical', at least IMO.

Regardless, aside from new wheels most other parts will be period correct as much as I can help it. Thanks for the input! =)

Members who have read this thread: 0