No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

MRC Steely Danz Crank question....

McMahon Racing.
    Anyone know if/how/where to get the Alu., square taper insert replaced in 'em?
    I'd love to get them back on a bike sometime. I forget which side, but one of them widened, and I got unpreventable play. Had to take them off years ago. Been sitting around ever since.
    Thanks!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Just thought that I'd try to....

Respond to my own post to possibly generate some interest.
    They were great cranks. Well, except for the blasted alu. inserts! Hence my question about having them replaced.

Somebody with some information? Anybody?
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Can you post some pictures?

bonked
    Is the square hole wallowed out or where the crank arms tightened on too far at some point? If it isn't utterly knackered you can shim the taper with a couple slices of beer can. Or if you want to be really fancy you can by shim stock from McMaster Carr.
    Quote Originally Posted by banks
    That is one big f'n dude!
    Yes I am!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Beer can? Hmmm....

I just bought a local microbrew that's become sort of big around here because they choose to "can" some of their stuff. Sly Fox Brewing Pils. May have to down a few (just in case I need extra for "mistakes")

As far as the photos...I'm pretty computer inept. But, I think that it's about time that I learn how. I put photos onto our computer from the camera all of the time. Just never been able to get one onto a post of mine without it coming up as a "blank area with a red X in it". I'm doing something wrong. Just don't know what.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

bonked
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    I just bought a local microbrew that's become sort of big around here because they choose to "can" some of their stuff. Sly Fox Brewing Pils. May have to down a few (just in case I need extra for "mistakes")

As far as the photos...I'm pretty computer inept. But, I think that it's about time that I learn how. I put photos onto our computer from the camera all of the time. Just never been able to get one onto a post of mine without it coming up as a "blank area with a red X in it". I'm doing something wrong. Just don't know what.
    Choose the Post Reply button, not the quick reply field at the bottom of the page. The when the advanced reply page opens scroll down to where it says 'Attach Files' and click the upload images button.
    Quote Originally Posted by banks
    That is one big f'n dude!
    Yes I am!