• 12-11-2012
    kzoo_cyclist
    Mountain Cycle ProStop FH Brake Parts - Free to a good home
    Hi,

I am cleaning up my shop and am looking to unload some parts for free if anyone is interested.

1. Mountain Cycle ProStop Caliper (front with mounting bracket)
    2. Mountain Cycle ProStop Caliper (rear with mounting bracket)
    4. Mountain Cycle ProStop FH Levers
    5. Mountain Cycle ProStop Hub/Rotor laced to Mavic 121 26" rim (front)
    6. Mountain Cycle ProStop Hub/Rotor laced to Mavic 121 26" rim (rear)

The above listed parts are in working condition - The parts were removed from a tandem that is being upgraded to more modern Avid BB7's...

I also have a box of spare ProStop calipers, levers,rotors and hubs - Mainly to be scavenged for spare parts.

I am located in MD, but can ship if someone is interested in paying the costs. I'd prefer to unload everything together.

Thanks.
    Brad
  • 12-11-2012
    Andy FitzGibbon
    I'll take it. Sent you a PM.

Andy
  • 12-11-2012
    girlonbike
    Today's your lucky day, Andy. I'm going to delete your other WTB spam thread okay? Let me know if it doesn't work out on your tandem and we can go from there.
  • 12-11-2012
    Andy FitzGibbon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Today's your lucky day, Andy. I'm going to delete your other WTB spam thread okay? Let me know if it doesn't work out on your tandem and we can go from there.

That wasn't meant to be spam. I guess instead of saying, "anyone know where I can get a Pro-Stop to IS adapter?", I should have said, "Anyone know where I can PURCHASE FROM AN ONLINE RETAILER, NOT FROM ANYONE ON THIS SITE a Pro-Stop to IS adapter?". Sheesh.

Actually, after further searching, phone calls, ect., it sounds like nobody makes them anymore, which is probably why my thread got zero replies. And, for the record, I received zero PMs offering to sell me one.

Would it be OK if I made up a "Wanted: Pro-Stop to IS adapter" sig line? :D
  • 12-11-2012
    girlonbike
    Of course. :) and throw some stuff up in the trade thread.
  • 12-11-2012
    girlonbike
    Actually, I didn't read the list above very carefully and thought your adapter was in there so I thought you got lucky. I deleted your thread because I thought it was moot. I'll undelete it. I don't mind wanted threads for small oddball parts. It's the frames, forks and full bikes that get deleted pretty quickly.
  • 12-12-2012
    Andy FitzGibbon
    Ahh, OK, that makes more sense now. Thanks.
  • 12-13-2012
    kzoo_cyclist
    I guess my post count is too low to respond via PM...

I am located in Rockville, MD.

If that is too far for you to drive, I can ship. If you do not need the built wheels, I can ship the calipers, brackets, rotors, hubs, levers, etc.

Thanks.
    Brad
  • 12-13-2012
    Drummerboy1975
    If these are still available I could really use them. Thanks.
  • 12-13-2012
    Andy FitzGibbon
    Drummerboy, if you need the stuff for a Mountain Cycle project, I'll give up my place in the line. All I needed was the rear caliper for my tandem, and I actually don't need it that bad- I have other options.
  • 12-13-2012
    kzoo_cyclist
    The parts are definitely still available. Do you want everything or just a few items? Just let me know what you and the best way to get the parts to you.

I have two functioning and assembled calipers (one gold and one black). I have several spare caliper bodies and pads and miscellaneous parts, but I can't guarantee enough parts exist to create another functioning caliper.

Brad
  • 12-15-2012
    Andy FitzGibbon
    Brad, sent you another PM. I think you have enough posts to reply now.
    Thanks.
  • 01-06-2013
    aainser
    ?Story on Prostop FH
    Hi folks. Noticed you were talking about these brakes. New to MTBK, I found an old Schwinn on the side of the road with these brakes. The calipers on the back brake press permenantly on the rotors; the level on the front set do nothing. From the posts and searches, I'm thinking these are too old to mess with - True or no? Any idea (besides the primo free deal) where to find parts? Suggestions for freeing them up?

Many thanks!
  • 08-19-2013
    jakeshockwave
    Hi all,
    this is a bit of a long shot but I'm chasing some pro stop brakes for a 1st gen mountain cycle shockwave project and just wanted to ask if anyone still had anything at all pro stop wise.
    ideally looking for a set of FH brakes or even later model cable versions
    anything considered and appreciated
    thanks
  • 07-29-2014
    EarthquakeJakeWatson31299
    are all these items long gone?

thanks,

Josh