Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006

A Mongoose to go with my Flamingos

Whats a day without another HOOVER bike? This could've gone in the CL finds post, but hey, I like the limelight..(and the abuse ). Todays find is a 1986 Mongoose All Terrain ATB. I really like the drilled rims. As far as I can tell, bone stock except tires, the rear derailer and maybe the pedals. I did a quicky wash up and SOS'd the spokes, it's going to clean up real nice. Just starting to really like the vintage chrome bikes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I won't sell these for a penny less than $60.00. I'd rather put 'em back on the shelf and keep 'em! "

clunker
    I just got one a them off the ebay - gotta love a full Suntour group I'll share once I get some pics.
    ...strictly downhill...

VRC Hound
    Nice looking bike. I don't think either of the derailleurs are original or Suntour. Harder to tell with the front from the pics, but the rear is low-end Shimano crap.

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006

derailers

Quote Originally Posted by bushpig
    Nice looking bike. I don't think either of the derailleurs are original or Suntour. Harder to tell with the front from the pics, but the rear is low-end Shimano crap.
    The front is Suntour and the rear is a crappy Acera. It will be gone soon.
    "I won't sell these for a penny less than $60.00. I'd rather put 'em back on the shelf and keep 'em! "

clunker

for Stan - here's my ATB Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericb49
    I just got one a them off the ebay - gotta love a full Suntour group I'll share once I get some pics.
    Share time - added B17 and hite-rite, wellgo pedals, ritchey grips and Timbuk-IIs from FFB - rides as heavy as it looks

- Eric
    ...strictly downhill...

just 1 more
    Reflectors and kickstands Good looking bikes

Can anything be done with the stem on Stan's bike that faded to that copper/bronze color? (besides trade it out?)

bikes, guns, dogs....perfect

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006

stem "patina"

Quote Originally Posted by azjeff
    Reflectors and kickstands Good looking bikes

Can anything be done with the stem on Stan's bike that faded to that copper/bronze color? (besides trade it out?)

I dunno, I kinda like the contrast, gives it an aged look......

Built4Speed
    That's a good looking Mongoose Ericb49. Are those rims anodized? I almost picked up a frame,very clean,no rust.Then I noticed that someone sawed off the upper and lower ends of the head-tube.The edges were ragged and part of the top-tube was damaged.Too bad.The guy wanted $5.
    "Faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."

mtbr member
    The rims are called "Mongoose Pro Class". Highly sought after by the bmx dudes.
    Wanted:Nothing. I have too much.

clunker
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemtbr
    That's a good looking Mongoose Ericb49. Are those rims anodized? I almost picked up a frame,very clean,no rust.Then I noticed that someone sawed off the upper and lower ends of the head-tube.The edges were ragged and part of the top-tube was damaged.Too bad.The guy wanted $5.
    Yes ano'd in a nice gun metal, the mylar rim strips cleaned up nice as well - look like Araya 7X hoops maybe manufactured by them? Lots of cool bits on the bike.
    ...strictly downhill...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMTB
    The rims are called "Mongoose Pro Class". Highly sought after by the bmx dudes.
    I had a Mongoose Pro Class bike, with the 20" version of those hard anodized rims.

They had three levels of Pro Class rims. The Pro Class I was steel, the II was brushed aluminum, and the III was the hard anodized top of the line. I want to build a bike up around those wheels alone I love them so much

Members who have read this thread: 2