Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006

Miyata Elevation 10,000

First of all, thanx to Knuckles for the original post "Lugged Carbon Miyata?" and the lead. I tracked down Jeff Palmer of Spokes Etc. in Vienna, Virginia, discussed the frame, shipping and payment options, sent him a Money order and guess what came FedEx today?....WOW! Also thanx to all who were in that original posting who didn't follow through on a 20" bike frame....HAHAHAHA! it turned out to be a 15 1/2" center/center-18 1/2" center/top seattube with a 22 1/2" toptube and a 42" wheelbase! I'll post pictures of my progress building this beauty as I get it done..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I won't sell these for a penny less than $60.00. I'd rather put 'em back on the shelf and keep 'em! "

mtbr member
    Man, I've been looking for a fork like that for a long time now. The frame looks great so far too. Can't wait to see the final project! Can you give us a hint of what you have planned for it?
    A new old set of Mavic 231 rims would REALLY make my day.

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006
    Those pictures are as I received it from Jeff, straight out of the box...

Plans, I don't need no stinkin plans! I'm really thinkin' Single Speed (don't shoot me fellas) with either some nice polished aluminum or all black wheels with Hookworms maybe?, carbon fiber bars with lock on grips and blue anodized Avid levers, Arch Rival brakes.....wish I had a blue anodized crankset...we'll see what happens but don't worry, I'll share.
    "I won't sell these for a penny less than $60.00. I'd rather put 'em back on the shelf and keep 'em! "

VRC Illuminati
    I almost pulled the trigger on it. Talked to the guy a bit but didn't follow through.

That's a pretty looking bike and a good buy IMO.

Regardless of how you build it, it'll end up great.

Personally I'd go with a Herbold Replica or period correct build...but SS will make for a fun bike.

Keep us posted on the build!
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

mtbr member
    Hi Stan,

$100 is a steal ...and for someone in Europe it is an even greater steal (in euros)

It very much looks like my '93 TrailRunner, but that has blue translucent paint on the carbon.

I second Rumpfy on the build comments

With the serial# I could determine the year

Congrats!

- Melvin

mtbr member
    yeow, what a beaut!
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

mtbr member

Elev2k review in Canadian mag

Review of the most economical bonded Miyata in the 1992 line up. Aluminium front- and steel reartriangle.

Miyata Elevation 2,000, MountainBiking April 1992

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Stan, the testcrew was pretty positive on the bike and now this is only a Elev2k. Yours being a Elevation 10,000 must be 5 times as good!

- Melvin

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006

update on build

Well, I'm waiting on a polished Kooka crankset (in the mail ) to go with my with my blue chainring. That and a chain and I'll be rollin! I'm not real happy with the bottle holder, doesn't quite match, but thats an easy fix. 19 1/2 pounds as it sits. I can't wait, it feels good just sitting and coasting

mtbr member
    Hi Stan,

I think your blue theme is well choosen. Very good the frame came also with the seatclamp qr included, in particular at that pricepoint.

I have never heard of those brakes. The DL2001 is a very sturdy bar I can tell. Please keep us up to date on future updates.

Go ride & enjoy it!

- Melvin

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006

on the road..finally

finally got a crank and chain on it, took it for a short spin . boy it gets dark early! anyhow, just a quick picture update. It's not done yet as I just won som BLUE ANODIZED Rolf Dolomites for it off Ebay...might as well go "blue-er"

mtbr member
    Nice Stan! Actually I have no idea what Rolf Dolomites are ...but I soon hope to find out they are really Cool

Here again a few pics of the bike I chose the blue theme for:

[SIZE="4"]
    Front

Rear
    [/SIZE]

btw there is a sweet Elevation 5,000 on eBay right now that needs some trick bits and a caring new owner.

- Melvin

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006
    Melvin, I have Rolf Satellite wheels on there now, the Dolomites are similar but the ones I'm getting have Blue Anodized Rims! Thanx by the way for your opinions and input, it's very appreciated...happy riding!

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006
    anyone know if decals are available for Miyata's? hint hint Elevation 12,000!!!

mtbr member
    Stan,

I often see Koga-Miyata decals offered on German eBay. This give you an idea of how they will look on a bike with similar paintscheme:

The blue Koga and Miyata decals like on my above TrailRunner I see never offered.

Miyata decals: Miyata was pretty popular in the US in the eighties. There are quite a lot enthousiast under the touring and road cyclists. The Miyata 1000 is a respected bicycle for example. Pretty sure other people will have faced the same decals issue as you do now. BikeForums.net Classic is the place to go to meet the people and to inform. You could also directly contact Mike Swantak (mswantak), who probably will be able to make a new set of decals for you.

The Miyata decals will look like this:

example 1 (elev8k)

example 2 (elev10k)

Here you find way more pics that could give an idea.

- Melvin