mtbr member

Missy G update article. All Hail the Missile!!!

artistic...
    Me too . Classic outlaw personality.

velocipede technician
    Some bodies gotta say it....

Paging hairstream
    looking for 20-21" P team

Humanoid Lobster
    After reading the article, I am surprised that she's not been approached to do reality TV.
    Don't call it a gooseneck.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jak0zilla View Post
    After reading the article, I am surprised that she's not been approached to do reality TV.
    Not that I'm in any way comparing myself, but I've often thought a reality TV show surrounding my shop would be a blast.

Okay, not even my shop, but any bike shop.

"Dammit Jimmy, why didn't you get Mrs. Fosters 17 year old Huffy finished yet?"

"Piss off, I was out schralping the gnar till 2 AM last night testing those new 4650 lumen Lupines man, cut me some slack"....

This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Humanoid Lobster
    Ha! Yes! Or a sitcom, I'm picturing 'The IT Crowd' with bikes instead of IT.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hollister View Post
    Some bodies gotta say it....

Paging hairstream
    He told me I don't deserve my bikes. I was very hurt.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

gobsmacked Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    He told me I don't deserve my bikes. I was very hurt.
    Dontchoo worry. He felt so bad he sold all of his!

gobsmacked Moderator
    She is a woman ahead of her times. Who knows...10 years from now, we could all be hauling hundreds of pound of weed cross country, no problem.

Well. Not me, specifically. I'm a list maker and list makers probably aren't blunt makers. But you Spicolis of the country. Run wild, kids.

Jesus Freaking Christ. She sounds like she's miserably serving out her house arrest. I don't think the writer much cared for her...pointing out her bushy armpits and ocean view penthouse and whatnot. hahaha.

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    She is a woman ahead of her times. Who knows...10 years from now, we could all be hauling hundreds of pound of weed cross country, no problem.

Well. Not me, specifically. I'm a list maker and list makers probably aren't blunt makers. But you Spicolis of the country. Run wild, kids.

Jesus Freaking Christ. She sounds like she's miserably serving out her house arrest. I don't think the writer much cared for her...pointing out her bushy armpits and ocean view penthouse and whatnot. hahaha.

I agree; the writer brought her down... but that's journalism, right? Feed the audience some fake morality and burn the witch. Shame.
    I believe she is good copy for an indie movie. There is great potential for good fiction there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    SAVE MISSY....dont everyone wear their "save missy" socks

GO MISSY!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Missy G update article. All Hail the Missile!!!-save-missy-1.jpg  

Missy G update article. All Hail the Missile!!!-save-missy-2.jpg  

rismtb
    Dec 2012
    I love strong girls, Missy thanks for sharing your life stories, you are what we all should be doing ÖÖÖ.blazing are own trails!

banned
    Jan 2013
    Holy hell I am surprised at the respect you give someone with no morals. I wish nothing but misery for him. He chose to play a game, lost, then tattled to the authorities so as not to take responsibility for her actions, in the process ruining others lives. Screw him.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    Holy hell I am surprised at the respect you give someone with no morals. I wish nothing but misery for him. He chose to play a game, lost, then tattled to the authorities so as not to take responsibility for her actions, in the process ruining others lives. Screw him.
    Who the heck are you talking about?

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    He's talking about Miles Rockwell, duh

What does trafficking weed have to do with morals, exactly...besides the tax evasion element?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    i want those socks!

velocipede technician
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post

What does trafficking weed have to do with morals, exactly...besides the tax evasion element?
    Free Chronic!

Wait, wrong forum...
    looking for 20-21" P team

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Zing! !!!
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post

I believe he is talking about CEOs, bank execs and the likes who bankrupted the economy and got away w/ big paychecks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I have been a missy fan from the days she ruled the DH...I watched her go down many hills and always enjoyed her antics....very original person.

But, as the article does state, she was willing to help the law in any way after she got caught....that thar is a very bad thing that just may come back to haunt her someday....
    the issue is.....she did nothing but spread joy to the masses...no harm there...only unjust political BS....this is why i'm in her corner, she shouldn't be in that corner.

Stokeless Asshat
    Yeah. I'm sure you would have done the "right" thing and gone down for a hard 20.
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

DFA
    mtbr member
    Holy hell I am surprised at the respect you give someone with no morals.
    I'm morally ambiguous. A casual nod will suffice.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Yeah. I'm sure you would have done the "right" thing and gone down for a hard 20.
    If it's your first time going down, you take it because you earned it.
    Snitches wind up in ditches.

Humanoid Lobster
    Or so say the "gangstas" on your car stereo.

I would not presume to judge her for cooperating.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator

Sorry, fired off in my brain, felt it too apropos to not share....

Office Space - Michael Bolton Rapping - YouTube

This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

artistic...

I am pretty sure she listened to a lawyer and such conversation took longer than a scene in Law and Order.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zygote2k View Post
    If it's your first time going down, you take it because you earned it.
    Snitches wind up in ditches.
    mwah ha haa, tough guy. Let's see if you'd rather face time in a federal prison for drug trafficking. no way. Everybody here would try to save their own skin rather than be a hero in their own mind.

He got 30 months, btw.

DEA.gov / New York News Releases, 11/28/12

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    mwah ha haa, tough guy. Let's see if you'd rather face time in a federal prison for drug trafficking. no way. Everybody here would try to save their own skin rather than be a hero in their own mind.
    FWIW, I committed a crime of similar nature way back in 1991 and instead of rolling over on my friends or the guy above me, I decided to take the punishment that was handed down by the judge. I served my time and I have a clear conscience because I didn't rat on my friends.
    I don't have any compassion for this girl whatsoever because she didn't learn the lesson, but instead got someone else in trouble because she got caught.
    Saving your skin is fine, but you don't do it at the cost of someone else.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    FWIW, I committed a crime of similar nature way back in 1991 and instead of rolling over on my friends or the guy above me, I decided to take the punishment that was handed down by the judge. I served my time and I have a clear conscience because I didn't rat on my friends.
    I don't have any compassion for this girl whatsoever because she didn't learn the lesson, but instead got someone else in trouble because she got caught.
    Saving your skin is fine, but you don't do it at the cost of someone else.

I agree for the most part...Where I grew up, you wouldnt live (or at least a normal life) if you ratted on someone, and nobody I knew made millions, so I'd bet her time will come when she will have to answer to her actions...unfortunate that lives are ruined for such nonsense (prohibition).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Missy G update article. All Hail the Missile!!!-missy-seat1.jpg  

rismtb
    Dec 2012
    Not to blow smoke up some ones arse [I vaporize]but a rat these days means something different on the "outside". I remember being in grade 5 and you were cool if you wore a rat fink ring, ha ha

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    rat fink is up there with vintage MTB's in my book....Big Daddy rules!

rismtb
    Dec 2012
    rat fink coolness
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Missy G update article. All Hail the Missile!!!-rat-fink-2.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by syklystt View Post
    rat fink is up there with vintage MTB's in my book....Big Daddy rules!
    I grew up at the drags and watched Garlits and others. Rat Fink was/is cool but ratting someone out to save your own ass is definitely not cool.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I wasn't comparing rat fink to Missy, It was to vintage MTB's (I grew up wathching drag racing too but my love for big daddy Roth (not don garlits but I see the similarities) comes from an artistic/engineering perspective).....what missy did is wrong and she will pay for it...especially when she's doing interviews and telling where she lives and such.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Ed Roth, Coop, Von Dutch, Chuck Barris and all the 70's drag crowd were common to me in my youth. I just saw a pin striped 59 Schwinn and now Rat Fink.

I'm just messing with you
    Big Daddy Don Garlits' cars were all named the Swamp Rat.

Swamp Rat Gallery, Don Garlits Museum, Ocala, FL

... and the classic Garlits photo ...

Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Yes garlits is swamp rat but he also had Rat Fink on his cars.
    I remember seeing garlits and muldowney doing flaming burnouts and seeing Shirley's engine blow as a result. Must have been about 74.
    I've been to the museum in Ocala. That museum might be the future home of my fathers hemi roadrunner.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    that Garlits photo is crazy....Missy's thread turned into a racing/custom culture extravaganza....how appropriate.

rage on all ye wayward cyclists....

mtbr member
    Ed Roth, Coop, Von Dutch, Chuck Barris and all the 70's drag crowd were common to me in my youth. I just saw a pin striped 59 Schwinn and now Rat Fink.
    None of those people built drag cars. They built goofy ****ing slow custom cars that go 12 mph around speed bumps..

The Rat Fink has nothing to do with Don Garlits. NOTHING WHATSOEVER.

A blown HEMI would twist anything Roth built in half.

Please stop.

mtbr member
    And this "girl" is a rat.

Nothing honorable about that.

Right?

Tom

mtbr member
    Rat: None of us know the details of the case, so please put a lid on the ďno ratsĒ bravado.

Besides, as many of us who have met Missy knows, she canít keep her mouth from jabbering on about ANYTHING for more than 10 seconds!

A quiet Missy is not Missy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KDXdog View Post
    Rat: None of us know the details of the case, so please put a lid on the ďno ratsĒ bravado.

Besides, as many of us who have met Missy knows, she canít keep her mouth from jabbering on about ANYTHING for more than 10 seconds!

A quiet Missy is not Missy.
    apparently the article above mentions that she worked with the authorities and gave up her guy above her in exchange for a lesser sentence.
    Sounds convincingly enough like she ratted someone out to save her own skin.
    How many more details do you need?
    It's a sorry world when you dismiss major felony charges because she happens to be someone you look up to in the sports world.
    Maybe OJ was innocent too...

mtbr member
    Zyggy,
    itís TRULY a sorry world when you quote ONE article on a subject, and you form an opinion of ďhow many more details do you need?Ē as if to say a single source is all YOU need.

I need more details. A lot more.

And show me where "I dismiss anything?Ē I didnít praise Missy for running drugs, I just wished her luck with her 2nd chance.

If I use your apparent logic, (forming an opinion based on a single article, IE, your post) I could deduce that you have the debating skill of a 12 year old, simply by you throwing in an ďOJ" reference, which you used incorrectly. OJ was found innocent by the court, so in fact, he is. Missy wasnít accused of double murder either. Apples to oranges.

But, I wonít be that judgmental, as I would need more detail before forming that opinion of you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    good point about the one source for info, I'm still a big fan of racer Missy but would never condone the "ratting" thing myself, but as said already, if thats what happened, she will have to live with that...In the spirit of vintage mountain biking, Missy's zany ways and great skills made her a legend in a new sport, one that I had also embraced...and for that. I wear my socks proudly!

of course I am totally opposed to prohibition, but thats another forum.

I'm just messing with you
    I remember seeing garlits and muldowney doing flaming burnouts and seeing Shirley's engine blow as a result. Must have been about 74.
    I've been to the museum in Ocala. That museum might be the future home of my fathers hemi roadrunner.
    You sure you're not confusing "Big Daddy"s?

Anyway, I see how it works with you topper.

Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

mtbr member
    Zyg, about the Garlits museum: My dadís old drag racing club was going to place their old dragster and gasser, engines, etc in the museum until they found out that the museum could cannibalize the cars to help other resto projects going on. So your dadís hemi could end up in another car! Nutshell version of the story, but ask lotís of questions first!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KDXdog View Post
    Zyg, about the Garlits museum: My dadís old drag racing club was going to place their old dragster and gasser, engines, etc in the museum until they found out that the museum could cannibalize the cars to help other resto projects going on. So your dadís hemi could end up in another car! Nutshell version of the story, but ask lotís of questions first!
    The other option is the Jim Gilmore museum in Richland.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    You sure you're not confusing "Big Daddy"s?

Anyway, I see how it works with you topper.

I'm Topper if you're Fagerlin.

DFA
    mtbr member
    If Pete was here, someone would be crying. And it wouldn't be Pete.