Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Missy G update article. All Hail the Missile!!!

5K views 48 replies 17 participants last post by  DFA 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Not that I'm in any way comparing myself, but I've often thought a reality TV show surrounding my shop would be a blast.

Okay, not even my shop, but any bike shop.

"Dammit Jimmy, why didn't you get Mrs. Fosters 17 year old Huffy finished yet?"

"Piss off, I was out schralping the gnar till 2 AM last night testing those new 4650 lumen Lupines man, cut me some slack"....

:)

#9 ·
She is a woman ahead of her times. Who knows...10 years from now, we could all be hauling hundreds of pound of weed cross country, no problem.

Well. Not me, specifically. I'm a list maker and list makers probably aren't blunt makers. But you Spicolis of the country. Run wild, kids.

Jesus Freaking Christ. She sounds like she's miserably serving out her house arrest. I don't think the writer much cared for her...pointing out her bushy armpits and ocean view penthouse and whatnot. hahaha.

#13 ·
Holy hell I am surprised at the respect you give someone with no morals. I wish nothing but misery for him. He chose to play a game, lost, then tattled to the authorities so as not to take responsibility for her actions, in the process ruining others lives. Screw him.

#20 ·
I have been a missy fan from the days she ruled the DH...I watched her go down many hills and always enjoyed her antics....very original person.

But, as the article does state, she was willing to help the law in any way after she got caught....that thar is a very bad thing that just may come back to haunt her someday....
the issue is.....she did nothing but spread joy to the masses...no harm there...only unjust political BS....this is why i'm in her corner, she shouldn't be in that corner.

#34 ·
I wasn't comparing rat fink to Missy, It was to vintage MTB's (I grew up wathching drag racing too but my love for big daddy Roth (not don garlits but I see the similarities) comes from an artistic/engineering perspective).....what missy did is wrong and she will pay for it...especially when she's doing interviews and telling where she lives and such.

#37 ·
Yes garlits is swamp rat but he also had Rat Fink on his cars.
I remember seeing garlits and muldowney doing flaming burnouts and seeing Shirley's engine blow as a result. Must have been about 74.
I've been to the museum in Ocala. That museum might be the future home of my fathers hemi roadrunner.

#41 ·
Rat: None of us know the details of the case, so please put a lid on the “no rats” bravado.

Besides, as many of us who have met Missy knows, she can’t keep her mouth from jabbering on about ANYTHING for more than 10 seconds!

A quiet Missy is not Missy.

#42 ·
Rat: None of us know the details of the case, so please put a lid on the "no rats" bravado.

Besides, as many of us who have met Missy knows, she can't keep her mouth from jabbering on about ANYTHING for more than 10 seconds!

A quiet Missy is not Missy.
apparently the article above mentions that she worked with the authorities and gave up her guy above her in exchange for a lesser sentence.
Sounds convincingly enough like she ratted someone out to save her own skin.
How many more details do you need?
It's a sorry world when you dismiss major felony charges because she happens to be someone you look up to in the sports world.
Maybe OJ was innocent too...

#43 ·
Zyggy,
it’s TRULY a sorry world when you quote ONE article on a subject, and you form an opinion of “how many more details do you need?” as if to say a single source is all YOU need.

I need more details. A lot more.

And show me where "I dismiss anything?” I didn’t praise Missy for running drugs, I just wished her luck with her 2nd chance.

If I use your apparent logic, (forming an opinion based on a single article, IE, your post) I could deduce that you have the debating skill of a 12 year old, simply by you throwing in an “OJ" reference, which you used incorrectly. OJ was found innocent by the court, so in fact, he is. Missy wasn’t accused of double murder either. Apples to oranges.

But, I won’t be that judgmental, as I would need more detail before forming that opinion of you.

#44 ·
good point about the one source for info, I'm still a big fan of racer Missy but would never condone the "ratting" thing myself, but as said already, if thats what happened, she will have to live with that...In the spirit of vintage mountain biking, Missy's zany ways and great skills made her a legend in a new sport, one that I had also embraced...and for that. I wear my socks proudly!

of course I am totally opposed to prohibition, but thats another forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.