mtbr member
    Mar 2005

mid-90's Rock Shox Judy fork with quil steerer tube - help identify and service

A friend has a nice StumpJumper M2 with an RS Judy XC fork on it, however it's older than any I've seen/worked on. It's got a quill stem (I've not measured steerer diameter yet, but assume 1 inch) and has a canti cable guide.

I've attached an image of what the frame looks like, although the one in the 1996 specialized catalog has an a-head stem.

I've also put in an image of the fork.

I've found a manual from about the time, and was going to google each part by name to see what I can find, but thought I'd post here first and see if there is a good guide online or something?

Thanks,

Name:  rock shox judy with quil.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  10.2 KBmid-90's Rock Shox Judy fork with quil steerer tube - help identify and service-screen-shot-2013-11-04-12.06.05-pm.png

マスターの自転車整備士
    Jul 2012
    What color is your friend's M2? Judging by the fork's vintage, I'd venture to guess it's a 1" quill. You need to find a reprint of the 1G Judy Service Manual for the 411 on rebuilding the fork. Parts will be scarce, though.

If the innards look OK, I would try and refurbish the fork, or else try and find a used fork in good condition.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Thanks. The fork is the same color as the one in the pictured above with the fork on its own. I've just found a manual, and will investigate further. A real shame that parts are not available, as I'd really like to help get these forks going for a lot longer.

thanks

GMF
    Mmm... Tasty
    well, it depends on how original you want to make them. With some slight modification, you can use parts from the 28mm stantion sids.