mtbr member
    May 2014

Meet The Pioneers, Win a Steve Potts

Trips for kids (my place of employment) and the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame are having a joint fundraiser at the museum in Fairfax, CA at the end of the month.

The event will be taking place on 4/30/16 from 4:00 to 7:00 pm at the Marin Museum of Bicycling. There will be food, beer, icons of the sport, and a chance to win this...

That is, if I get it done. Don't worry, I'll get it done.

Hope to see some of you there.

mtbr member
    Cool!
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2 or 3. Cunningham Racer.

Retro on Steroids

Trips for Kids fund raiser at Marin Museum of Bicycling/ Mountain Bike Hall of Fame

It's time once again for the 18th annual Trips for Kids fundraiser. The celebration of old-school mountain biking has been moved from its former location at The Broken Drum to a more appropriate place, the Marin Museum of Bicycling/Mountain Bike Hall of Fame. Many of the people who built your VRC mountain bikes will be there.

Here's the link. It's next weekend, April 30.

This is your opportunity to inspect the iconic VRC mountain bike, Breezer #2 and talk to Joe Breeze personally about the Second Mountain Bike Ever Built.

If you buy my book at the museum gift shop or bring your own copy, you can get it signed by most of the people who appear in it. I recently sold a copy with those additional signatures for $300, but you can have the same signed copy for the price of the book and a little persistence.

A Steve Potts 1989 bike will be raffled off, which will certainly justify the price of a ticket for someone.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Well I guess now that CK said it, it's official...

Anyway, I finished the Potts on Thursday and brought it over to the museum. Already there was the 1983 Stumpjumper that I had dropped off the week prior. It will also be raffled off.

Joe suggested that it might be fun to hang the bikes from the rafters, so that is where they will live until the event. If you're in the neighborhood, drop by and check them out. Raffle tickets are already on sale at both the museum and at the Recyclery in San Rafael, and you do NOT have to be present to win.

Here are some additional links to the event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1527596960879850/

https://tripsforkids.givezooks.com/e...pioneers-event

18th Annual Meet the Pioneers Event - TFK Marin

Retro on Steroids
    Here's Joe, putting up the sign for the Potts bike. Too small for me.

Meet The Pioneers, Win a Steve Potts-tfk1.jpg

Meet The Pioneers, Win a Steve Potts-tfk02.jpg

gobsmacked Moderator
    Turned out nice, thanks for the photos, guys! Good luck on the raffle. Love all the time, effort and energy Joe has dedicated to the museum. It really shows how proud he is of it, as he should be. It's wonderful. Ductape and I had a perfect day there. xoxo

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    That museum looks fantastic! And that Potts (insert Homer drooling noise...)... If I ever make it back out to the left coast a visit will be high on my list.
    Looking for/WTB : Grove Innovations Assault Fork, Grove Innovation Hammerhead Stem or Hothead Bar Stem

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by apat13 View Post
    That museum looks fantastic! And that Potts (insert Homer drooling noise...)... If I ever make it back out to the left coast a visit will be high on my list.
    When you make it back here, give a holler and drop in.

Update!!!

Raffle tickets can now be purchased online! You can win the Potts from the comfort of your own home!

https://tripsforkids.givezooks.com/e...pioneers-event