mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Marzocchi SuperFly Seals

Got all excited because the weather finally dried out a bit and I was going to take my Waterford 1400 that I posted out for a maiden voyage. Hopped on it with the puppy to head down the road to the trail and WAHwahWAH, the fork sagged to the bottom with no air pressure. I had filled it up a few nights before and it seemed to hold pressure fine as it still showed after a few hours as the same pressure but I guess the seals must have a slow leak in them.

Any view into what the seals on a SuperFly are? Any idea where to source them from? Thanks in advance.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    try cross posting here: Shocks and Suspension

sftrydr
    Popcorn anyone

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thanks GOB. Sadly found out from Marzocchi that the inner seals are a proprietary seal they made and that there is unlikely to be any replacements around . This made Matty a sad boy, heheh. Looking like this will either be getting an Atom Bomb or a SID.

I did find out an interesting piece of tech from the guy though. They have shims to be able to correct the travel on a Corsa LR down to 63 or 80MM. Would only have disc mounts but for a Retro Mod build would allow you to run a newer fork but not jack up the suspension geometry. Was a good tid bit to know.......

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ssulljm View Post
    Popcorn anyone
    haha. Sully.

I was thinking get it out there that you need some and some good hearted hoarder will come along, see it and save the day.

p.s. I like my Sids.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Good call. And definitely agree with you on the SIDs. I was always a die hard Marzocchi nut and never really cared for Rockshox until the SID. Very nicely designed, ride great, light. I actually have a 1" steerer one sitting on the shelf just waiting for a Ritchey that can't live without it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    These won't work? 30MM BOMBER SEAL KIT

artistic...
    That's why i shy away from vintage air forks.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

sftrydr
    I'm keepin it nice...but it's really,really hard...wahhh..
    Have a good wknd everyone

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    It could be a simple fix. Try replacing the o-ring on the valve.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Many thanks, yes will be replacing the valves themselves and hopefully it is as simple as that.

Thanks as well Fred, those are one set of the seals but not the ones for the air chamber. I will be throwing a set of those in as well if I can get the air chambers to seal too.

ssulljm, feel free to clown to your hearts content, I have a thick skin....... hehe Have a great weekend as well.

sftrydr
    Damn, my Big Clown Shoes gave me away again.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by datmony View Post
    Many thanks, yes will be replacing the valves themselves and hopefully it is as simple as that.

Thanks as well Fred, those are one set of the seals but not the ones for the air chamber. I will be throwing a set of those in as well if I can get the air chambers to seal too.

ssulljm, feel free to clown to your hearts content, I have a thick skin....... hehe Have a great weekend as well.
    Are you talking about the seal around the air valve on the top cap? . I just switched mine on a MXC ECC with automotive valves from NAPA. The rubber seals are in the same spot, the only difference being the valve protruded farther into the shock. No functional difference. For the seal on the ECC rod through the cap I used a O ring from the same place.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Good to know. When I spoke with Marzocchi they noted that it was not a standard o-ring at all but rather a "specially formed proprietary seal that we no longer make". Going to just pull it apart and see what's what with it. Hopefully can figure something out. Appreciate the thoughts as always......