mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Upset Major bummers....(road trip report)

Well I am back from colorado. Got in one nicely masochistic ride on the rainbow trail in Salida on a rented 29er. Did some nice hikes in RMNP. Other than that the trip was a bummer....
    Why?
    Well first off the rear cantis on the nukeproof failed as I was leaving for a ride in arkansas. So I said screw it and started calling bike shops in colorado looking for a set of avid ultimate vs to replace them. Found some in Salida at absolute bikes (great shop btw, nice guys, not cheap though) So then I go to my friends brothers shop in Denver to put them on and guess what. The bosses that I had put in the frame won't work with v's
    So basically the bike is out of commission until I either get some new bosses made or locate some.

Then to add insult to injury the bumpy roads in that layer of hell known as oklahoma decided to jolt my front wheel out of the yakima wheelfork allowing it to get run over by a car. I was able to recover it but it is in pretty rough shape. If anyone knows of any red and black anodized CR17As anywhere at any price please let me know.

Be careful if you take your prized vintage gear on the road... maybe it should all be in a museum.

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by lucifer
    Well I am back from colorado. Got in one nicely masochistic ride on the rainbow trail in Salida on a rented 29er. Did some nice hikes in RMNP. Other than that the trip was a bummer....
    Why?
    Well first off the rear cantis on the nukeproof failed as I was leaving for a ride in arkansas. So I said screw it and started calling bike shops in colorado looking for a set of avid ultimate vs to replace them. Found some in Salida at absolute bikes (great shop btw, nice guys, not cheap though) So then I go to my friends brothers shop in Denver to put them on and guess what. The bosses that I had put in the frame won't work with v's
    So basically the bike is out of commission until I either get some new bosses made or locate some.

Then to add insult to injury the bumpy roads in that layer of hell known as oklahoma decided to jolt my front wheel out of the yakima wheelfork allowing it to get run over by a car. I was able to recover it but it is in pretty rough shape. If anyone knows of any red and black anodized CR17As anywhere at any price please let me know.

Be careful if you take your prized vintage gear on the road... maybe it should all be in a museum.
    Aw man! That sucks...sorry to hear it brotha!
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I may have found a source for the brake bosses from a framebuilding supplier in merry old england...