mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Magura Raceline rim brakes - set-up question (X-post from brake time)

I have a set of Magura Raceline brakes (The fluorescent green ones). They were mounted so that they weren't pointing straight at the rim braking surface and I'm trying to correct the set-up but I'm having problems getting the little L shaped arm that hooks around the seat-stay out of the piece that clamps the actual brake.

Does anybody have any tricks?
    Failing that are pieces still available for these from Magura?

mountaingoatcycles.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Surestick Malone
    I have a set of Magura Raceline brakes (The fluorescent green ones). They were mounted so that they weren't pointing straight at the rim braking surface and I'm trying to correct the set-up but I'm having problems getting the little L shaped arm that hooks around the seat-stay out of the piece that clamps the actual brake.

Does anybody have any tricks?
    Failing that are pieces still available for these from Magura?
    If I understand the question, you can put a wrench on the flats and turn the L shaped piece.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    The clamp mechanisms of the evo adapters tend to JAM over time. You have to basically pry them apart to do any future adjustments to a set. Of course this is when people often SNAP the things as they're just cast aluminium.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

agu
    mtbr member
    try spraying some lube into the part where the elbows go into the clamps...waiting a bit then use an open wrench? I had the same problem befoer with an old set of Formula 500's. What I did was I wrapped the elbow in a rag and gave it a (gentle) loving whack with hammer hehe

I believe you can order the new EVO II clamps, bolts, washers and brake boosters as a set - I've seen several on ebay.uk (and made unsuccessful bids for them!)

am sure the Magura Cult will chime in soon over at Brake Time

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Got it! I was trying to push them out from the back which wasn't working.
    Twisting them as per First Flight's suggestion got them out relatively easily.
    Thanks!