mtbr member

Looking for Manitou 3 MCU Bumpers

Like it says above....

Just got a old Marin from a buddy and the M3 is in good shape except two of the MCU bumpers are disintegrating and they are wayyyyy soft.
    Bikes=Sanity

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Might have to check a mom & pop bicycle shop that has been in the business for a very long time, they usually carry NOS parts that you might able to get. You will have to pay a premium price for it. Ebay??? First Flight or Check with Hippie Tech suspension - Contact them before you send the fork to them. They don't sell parts over the internet or through the snail mail system. If you can't find MCU's - you are going to have to find Mountain speed springs that were built for the early Manitous from 2-4 including Sport and Magnum.

Good luck with your hunt.

I believe user SLIM at retrobike had sets made

bonked
    He sourced stock material called FibroElast to use as springs. Very resourceful and made it easy for a lot of people. Not to steal his thunder, but if he doesn't still have sets or doesn't feel like cutting up more stock you can research it a bit and probably come up with something suitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by banks
    That is one big f'n dude!
    Yes I am!

mtbr member
    Thanks guys.
    I've called a couple of shops that I thought may still have some kicking around but no luck.
    I've got a couple backyard engineering solutions that I've been kicking around so since I don't want to dump really any money in this thing...probably will go that route.
    Thanks again.
    Bikes=Sanity

bonked
    Do a google search for polyurethane die springs. You may find something you can use. McMaster Carr has some, but the sizes are a bit off for this application.
    Quote Originally Posted by banks
    That is one big f'n dude!
    Yes I am!