horn doggie

looking for Judy lowers w/cable stop

I have a factory "black box" Judy SL with Bonty crown on my Race Lite. It has the V-brake style brace with no cable stop. But I want to install my vintage Tri-align cantis on the bike, and, yet, want to keep this fork.

I'm in search of one of two items: 1) I recall a time when you could get a cable stop for these stop-less braces that secured through the hole at the top of the brace; or 2) a set of lowers with the replacable, bolt on brace; I'd even consider a full fork that I could harvest parts from.

Anyone have some leads?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wanted:

Potts, Potts, Potts

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    How about a Suntour powerhanger or something of that type (Cannondale had something similar)?

It improves braking power thanks to increased leverage, but you'll need to get brake pads really close to the rim, so you'll have to true your front wheel really often.
    Looking for:

Campy OR

Dumpster Diver
    Hey horn doggie,

I have the parts for your fork that you need. Stop by.
    Stuart

wanted: TA Chainrings, FUNK Big Fork, Bullseye Cranks 176mm,

mtbr member
    Also have it in Judy Yellow.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

All 26.5" all the time!
    Quote Originally Posted by scooderdude
    I recall a time when you could get a cable stop for these stop-less braces that secured through the hole at the top of the brace;
    The Rock Shox Judy forks never had this feature. The 4mm threaded hole in the brace is for mounting a reflector.

Check ebay for a fork or lower casting with a housing stop.

horn doggie
    Quote Originally Posted by YETIFIED
    Hey horn doggie,

I have the parts for your fork that you need. Stop by.
    Cool. I'd like to see what you have. I sure hope it won't cause a failure to the brace. I'll talk to you about it.
    Wanted:

Potts, Potts, Potts

horn doggie
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanetti
    The Rock Shox Judy forks never had this feature. The 4mm threaded hole in the brace is for mounting a reflector.

Check ebay for a fork or lower casting with a housing stop.
    Hmmm.... OK. The Manitou SX-R that I have on my other Bonty has this removable piece that can be installed for cantis, or removed for...aesthetics...er, V-brakes. It's a pretty darn fugly piece of after-thought alloy.

But I do still seem to recall such an aftermarket (?) piece that would attach to the RS brace.
    Wanted:

Potts, Potts, Potts

horn doggie
    Quote Originally Posted by PepeVL
    How about a Suntour powerhanger or something of that type (Cannondale had something similar)?

It improves braking power thanks to increased leverage, but you'll need to get brake pads really close to the rim, so you'll have to true your front wheel really often.
    Hmmmm. never heard of a Suntour power hanger. I've seen the Cannandale piece, but the stud would be both too long and too wide. Now, if only I had had a $1 every time I heard THAT .....
    Wanted:

Potts, Potts, Potts

Dumpster Diver
    Quote Originally Posted by scooderdude
    Cool. I'd like to see what you have. I sure hope it won't cause a failure to the brace. I'll talk to you about it.
    Zanetti's right. That pre-tapped hole is a legal issue that was put there as a place to attach a reflector. Like I said in my email, it has to be retrofitted to the brace and sure it has the possibility to cause failure, but I will not be riding that bike.
    Stuart

wanted: TA Chainrings, FUNK Big Fork, Bullseye Cranks 176mm,

artistic...
    unusual rear derr. routing...
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    The only "judy" brace designed to take a bolt on guide or power-cam was the FSX brace used on the specialized forks.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread