Hit The Road Cyclery

Lookee what I got! (Marinovative pr0n)

The Background:
    I've been looking for a set of red or green Cheap Tricks for years, YEARS I tell ya. Every time a set (in any color) popped up on Evilbay, the price went through the roof or I forgot when it ended, or something stupid (like work) got in the way. Anyway, these popped up while I was at my parents over the holidays, and since I had some Xmas money in my pocket I decided there was no way I would get sniped. I think my max bid was $350 .

The Drama:
    With 3 minutes left in the auction my dad's internet connection took a dive and I freaked, but it came back up with 40 seconds left and I managed to get my bid in with seconds to go. Yay!

The Drama, Part II:
    The seller is in Quebec, so he ships it Canada Post. I ship things to Canada via USPS all the time, so no big deal, right? 4 weeks and several emails later, the brakes are lost in space (or probably somewhere in North Dakota). Earlier tonight the seller sent me an email begging me to give it one more week. I reluctantly agreed, though by now I had completely given up hope. In fact, I even bought ANOTHER set of (used) Cheap Tricks off Ebay last week, thinking these were toast. "C'est la vie".

The Happy Ending:
    40 minutes later I walk in my front door, and there on the steps is a suspiciously bottle-shaped package with French words on it . As the Pope (or some dude) once said, "Patience is a virtue". I don't know what I'm going to do with the other set now...:

mtbr member
    Great story.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member

Marinovative Brakes

I lucked out a few years ago at a Swap. Two pairs of Cheap tricks, with Matthauser pads, excellent shape: $6 a pair.
    Never actually used them, they went on ebay a while ago.
    Wanted: Phil Wood front hub, one orphan WTB shifter mount.

VRC Hound
    Cool story but - you know those aren't green right?

VRC Illuminati
    Niiice!

Its always a relief when they come through. Even better when all hope is lost and then they come through!

Happened to my Stumpjumper Epic frame. FedEx put a fork lift through the box...by way of miracle, it missed the carbon frame completely...came in a month later, no worse for wear.

At any rate, keep your second set of Marinovative was spares, or sell to recoup your investment.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com

Wanted: 400mm American Classic seatpost, 26.8 & 27.2

Hit The Road Cyclery
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig
    Cool story but - you know those aren't green right?
    They're going on my rasta Bontrager, so red will be fine. As for the other set, I already have an offer for them, so they probably won't be around long. Or maybe I should put them in a box in the garage for another 15 years and see what they're worth THEN.