mtbr member

Last night impulse buy

After the Ritchey drop bar and Yeti Race proFRO projects this spring I desided not to start any new projects this season. But then I came across this interesting Richard Cunningham design Nishiki. I know Nishikis from the mid to late 80s, I had a 1986 Bushwacker and a friend of mine had the all cromo Alien. I do not know any thing about my new impulse buy. It is a Nishiki Cascade designed by Richard Cunningham and I see some resemblance between this model and the Alien, the thin seatstay tubeing, the sleek thin straignt bladed fork, the braces between the down and head tubes. Since I dont have any information on this bike and googeling didnt help me much I was hoping you could fill me in on this cool frame/fork.

What I do know; it looks race stunning, super cool features, odd 26.2 seat post size and Tange MTB 4130 Cr-Mo tubing - thats about it.

... and yes it was a nice find at only US$45,- 8)

No points to garage queens!

"Mum it's not a bike - it's a Yeti" (my daughter explaining things)

Certified Bike Junkie
    I almost bid on that just for the fork for one of my projects, since they have the Mantis style straight tapered legs and offset dropouts. Pretty sure I would have just thown the fram away.
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by muddybuddy View Post
    I almost bid on that just for the fork for one of my projects, since they have the Mantis style straight tapered legs and offset dropouts. Pretty sure I would have just thown the fram away.
    glad you didn't ;-)
    No points to garage queens!

"Mum it's not a bike - it's a Yeti" (my daughter explaining things)