mtbr member
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... KLUNKERZ at Hollywood and Vine

Hey Everybody,

KLUNKERZ is coming to Hollywood, CA with The Bicycle Film Festival at the end of the month and I need to get some folks down to the theater. It's a 600-seater, so there's plenty of room for everybody. If anyone in the L.A. area wants postcards and posters for their LBS, bike event, clubhouse, or whatever, please hit me up. I sure would appreciate any help getting the word out on this screening.

KLUNKERZ Update: The film was nominated for Best Documentary and Emerging Filmmaker awards at the X-dance Action Sports Awards. Gary even took home a Lifetime Achievement Award there. The film also won Best Documentary Jury Commendation at the Durango Independent Film Festival. If you're in the L.A. area and didn't make the Santa Barbara or Newport screenings, I hope you'll consider coming to the Hollywood premiere.

The screening is at The Vine Street Theater on Hollywood Blvd. near Vine St. on Saturday, June 30th at 5:00 pm. It's part of the BFF, so there will be FREE BIKE VALET! Alan's bringing down some bikes, so I'll have my 1935 and 1938 Klunkerz on display, as well as some other amazing and historic rides. Gary Fisher, Joe Breeze, Charlie Kelly, Alan Bonds and several other legendary pioneers will be there, too. Please check out www.klunkerz.com and sign the 'guest book' if you'd like to be kept up to speed on screenings DVD release etc.

Thanks again to all the cycling legends who made this project possible, and to everyone on this site for their support.

Ride on,
    Klunkerbill
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Hey Billy,
    I'll try to be there, this sounds awesome. I once had a chance to stay at Joe Breeze's house(he invited me, possible business deal) but I could'nt find the time, sure wish I did though.
    Your article in Decline Magazine was awesome, I'm holding on to that issue. I'm building up my pre-war Schwinn Excelsior ( actually a Princeton, built by Schwinn) to the spec's as close as I can to Joe Breeze's featured klunker.
    Thanks for taking a huge interest in the evolution of this great sport!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

KLUNKERZ cast

Hey All,
    It looks like quite a few cast members will be making it down. Some are well known, like Joe Breeze and Gary Fisher, others, like The Larkspur Canyon Gang are rarely seen outside of their native habitat. Here's your chance to meet the guys that made it all happen. C'mon down on Saturday, June 30th at 5:00pm at the Vine Theater. There's a Midnite Ridazz later that night, too, if you're so inclined.
    Ride on,
    Klunkerbill

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Yowza

Thanks to all who came down to the screening to check it out at The Vine, especiallly the cast members. I really appreciate the support from the entire fat-tire community. We'll see what happens from here.
    Klunky-e-wunk

Members who have read this thread: 0