Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Klunkerz dvd are now for sale again

I emailed Billy Savage regarding the Klunkerz dvd a few weeks back, he emailed me today to let be know that he has them in stock, so I ordered my copy.
    Billy is such a cool guy, he was prompt in his responses and sounds real down to earth. I have been trying to find this movie since I read the story of the Klunkerz movie in Decline magazine a few years back.

REALLY?
    Thanks for the heads up, I recently descoverd that vid like a month ago, went looking for it online to buy, but no dice.

Ended up finding it on some japanese video youtube type site, couldnt read anything on the site, but, they had the video on the site, the whole thing, I watched it, it was great, definatly a keeper for the DVD collection.

Watch it here...

Klunkerz-Doubleflow_
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Billy is a local gem and he worked hard to make that video. Anybody who watches that movie using an illegal download is doing a disservice to the entire mountain biking community and those of us that care about independent filmmaking and the people that pour all their money and their talent into them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I really appreciate it, folks. It's kind of an honor that folks would bother to crack it to put on the torrent sites, but I'd rather sell copies. I'm not quite set up for selling off the Klunkerz site yet, but I should be together by the end of next week. It will be another few weeks before it's available for (legal) downloads. It will be probably be through FilmBaby. I'm going to try to get the discs to the bike shops, too, if anybody wants them. My old distributor went out of business and they supplied quite a few shops, so I don't how that's going to work out...but I'm sure they'll be available in the shops in Fairfax. ;-) I put the whole "Finley" short I did for the MTB HOF induction in the bonus features. I've only shown the whole thing twice, once in Vegas for his posthumous induction and once at a film festival. I'm happy that's getting out on this run. I also went way green with the packaging this time...recycled cardboard and plastic, veggie inks, etc. I'm really pleased with the way they came out. When I get them on the site the first few hundred will come with a poster for the garage or shed. If you're on Facebook, please "like" the Klunkerz page. Thanks again to all of you who have supported me on this ride.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Your ears burn quickly, Billy.
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Well, I watched it online this morning (while I should have been cleaning then house...LOL!) so I guess I'm one of girlonbike's disservice-doers.

I'm thinking I wanna buy a copy so I can enjoy it at my leisure, and maybe a second copy to lend out to the folks in my local bike club. I am also a fan of Neil Young's business model: make low-end product available free in the hopes that your fans notice and pay full rate for the artisan-grade product.

Billy, I look forward to your new retail site offering the DVD Thanks for not giving up.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    No soup for you!
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

REALLY?
    Hey, I'm not the bad guy, I "GOOGLED" the PIRATED video (when I was actually trying to buy it) it, you can too...ITS THAT SIMPLE. Have an issue, take it up with the site, I still plan on buying it myself regardless.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

REALLY?
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    That's kinda all I'm sayin'. Just get it regardless.
    Cool glad we are the same page somewhat.

Thanks, J.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    That's kinda all I'm sayin'. Just get it regardless.

velocipede technician
    don't steal

bad juju
    looking for 20-21" P team

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Nobody wants bad juju.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yes, that is true. I totally hear you. It's actually up all over the place, but that site has incredible reach. They get right up to the top of most every search engine. That particular site is based in China and they are one of the largest in the world. There is really no way to stop them, even if you've got money, lawyers and a lot of time. If Sony, Universal, MGM, The Weinstein Company and everyone else can't stop them, well...that's life in the digital age. Thanks again for the support. It's unfortunate that on many of these sites you can see how many times it's been downloaded, but that's how it goes. I'm just happy folks want to see it, no matter how they get it. The idea was to preserve this fascinating piece of sports history, not get rich on the backs of the pioneers...but breaking even would'a been nice. :-)

Hit The Road Cyclery
    Glad to hear that you'll have a chance to make back some of what you spent on this Billy! I already have a copy (signed by Billy, Gary F., and CK no less) but I'll be buying the new version too. As a shop owner, what do I have to do to get some copies to sell?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks! Please hit me via email on the website for shop copies. We'll work it out. ;-)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It's finally up on Amazon again. I'm the only seller currently. Free posters and postcards with orders. Blah, blah, blah. A VERY BIG THANKS to all of you for your support.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Are you Pumelo Pictures?

Is this the correct link? Klunkerz: A Film About Mountain Bikes: Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors

edit: ahhh, yes. Here, I see you:

Amazon.com At a Glance: Pumelo Pictures

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yup. Please let folks know all rights are available. Competitive pricing on wholesale, sub-distributors, etc! Thanks again!

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Billy,

the link to buy it from your Mountain Bike History link is to the old amazon movie which is currently unavailable. Amazon.com: Klunkerz - A Film about the Development and Birth of Mountain Bikes: Starring: Joe Breeze, Gary Fisher, Alan Bonds, Charlie Kelly, Tom Ritchey, Russ Mahon, Bob Burrowes, Wende Cragg, Charlie Cunningham, Otis Guy, Jaquie Phelan, Steve Pott

Do you think you can update the site to reflect the new link? Also....maybe add what shops it's currently available at?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm trying to get the link fixed, but it may take some time. If you just type Klunkerz in Amazon you can find it. There's the old link and the new one I just posted. No shops have it yet, as I just got the discs. I don't have distribution, so I'm trying to get it to shops on my own. I wish I could devote more time and resources to getting it out there. I'm hoping to get some help along the way, but this Amazon link is all I can do for now. Thanks again!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Got mine today....thanks Billy!

REALLY?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Once I found out about here this past year, I'd kept revisiting, hoping it was going to become available... glad it's back, have ordered one!

(Do you autograph them?? )

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterendo View Post
    There's lots of them left. I think the 1 means only one seller. The first 300 will get signed posters/postcards with their orders. I found out today that Klunkerz will definitely be required viewing for students in a class on cycling culture at U.C. Davis this semester. The new bonus feature on the disc is the "Finley" film I made, about U.C. Davis Professor J.F. Scott. I've only shown the film in it's entirety once, at the MTB Hall of Fame Mr. Scott's posthumous induction. Stoked...very stoked.
    Cool! Looking forward to it arriving....

-L

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    There's lots of them left. I think the 1 means only one seller. The first 300 will get signed posters/postcards with their orders. I found out today that Klunkerz will definitely be required viewing for students in a class on cycling culture at U.C. Davis this semester. The new bonus feature on the disc is the "Finley" film I made, about U.C. Davis Professor J.F. Scott. I've only shown the film in it's entirety once, at the MTB Hall of Fame Mr. Scott's posthumous induction. Stoked...very stoked.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast